Need some information about 3c905 chipset - Linux

This is a discussion on Need some information about 3c905 chipset - Linux ; Hi all, I am not sure if this message should be on this site,but I posted it here to seek your help! For a development process i need some documentation about 3Com Fast Etherlink network adapter. It has 3c905 chipset ...

  1. Need some information about 3c905 chipset

    Hi all, I am not sure if this message should be on this site,but I
    posted it here to seek your help! For a development process i need some
    documentation about 3Com Fast Etherlink network adapter. It has 3c905
    chipset on board. For example, Intel has nice and clear manual about
    its i8255x ethernet controllers. And what about 3com? Could you please
    help me with information. I searched in INET,but found nothing useful

    Thanks!

  2. Re: Need some information about 3c905 chipset

    mummy65107@yandex.ru wrote:

    > Hi all, I am not sure if this message should be on this site,but I
    > posted it here to seek your help! For a development process i need some
    > documentation about 3Com Fast Etherlink network adapter. It has 3c905
    > chipset on board. For example, Intel has nice and clear manual about
    > its i8255x ethernet controllers. And what about 3com? Could you please
    > help me with information. I searched in INET,but found nothing useful
    >

    > Thanks!

    3com does provide a really good programmer's manual for that nic. It's deep
    within 3com's website. You need to register on 3com's website and download
    it from them. AFAIK, there's a license you need to agree with to get it.
    Try their Knowledgebase.

    Alvin

+ Reply to Thread