Improve linux application load times - Linux

This is a discussion on Improve linux application load times - Linux ; Hi, I am using qtopia with Qt-embedded as the base on linux platform I am not very happy with the application load times. I would like to ask the community here to help give me some suggestions as to which ...

  1. Improve linux application load times

    Hi,

    I am using qtopia with Qt-embedded as the base on linux platform
    I am not very happy with the application load times.

    I would like to ask the community here to help give me some
    suggestions as to which can be used to tune in the load times of the
    applications.

    What all can i look at ,i have read abt some techniques in linux
    such as prelinking or symbol hiding but nothing concrete.

    Can the community give me some suggestions how to improve the
    performance

    The hardware which i use offers 32mb of sdram.

    ANy hints or inputs would be great.

    Regards

    Rajesh

  2. Re: Improve linux application load times

    On Jan 18, 10:10 pm, "newbei" wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am using qtopia with Qt-embedded as the base on linux platform
    > I am not very happy with the application load times.
    >
    > I would like to ask the community here to help give me some
    > suggestions as to which can be used to tune in the load times of the
    > applications.
    >
    > What all can i look at ,i have read abt some techniques in linux
    > such as prelinking or symbol hiding but nothing concrete.
    >
    > Can the community give me some suggestions how to improve the
    > performance

    Using NOR flash with XIP(execute in place), it doesn''t need to load
    the TEXT to memory, only data is required.

    > The hardware which i use offers 32mb of sdram.
    >
    > ANy hints or inputs would be great.
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Rajesh

  3. Re: Improve linux application load times

    Thanks a lot Bin for taking time to respond.

    >>Using NOR flash with XIP(execute in place), it doesn''t need to load

    > the TEXT to memory, only data is required.

    I dint understand your point very well here, excuse me for my
    ignorance.I can only think of making software changes to my system.

    The one mentioned above by you looks like a harware change right. If it
    can be done by software can you tell me how to go about it.

    Thanks

    Bin Chen wrote:
    > On Jan 18, 10:10 pm, "newbei" wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I am using qtopia with Qt-embedded as the base on linux platform
    > > I am not very happy with the application load times.
    > >
    > > I would like to ask the community here to help give me some
    > > suggestions as to which can be used to tune in the load times of the
    > > applications.
    > >
    > > What all can i look at ,i have read abt some techniques in linux
    > > such as prelinking or symbol hiding but nothing concrete.
    > >
    > > Can the community give me some suggestions how to improve the
    > > performance

    > Using NOR flash with XIP(execute in place), it doesn''t need to load
    > the TEXT to memory, only data is required.
    > >
    > > The hardware which i use offers 32mb of sdram.
    > >
    > > ANy hints or inputs would be great.
    > >
    > > Regards
    > >
    > > Rajesh

+ Reply to Thread