    provides Debugging and Program Tracing?

    Thanks in Advance.

  2. Re: C/C++ Developent Environment

    On 2007-01-09, a_simple_code wrote:

    > Which is the best integrated development Environment in Linux for C/C++
    > similar to the one we have for java such as Eclipse and net beans which
    > provides Debugging and Program Tracing?

    The one most similar to Eclipse is probably Eclipse.

    The best one is bash.

    --
    Grant Edwards grante Yow! Am I accompanied by
    at a PARENT or GUARDIAN?

  3. Re: C/C++ Developent Environment

    "a_simple_code" writes:

    > Which is the best integrated development Environment in Linux for C/C++
    > similar to the one we have for java such as Eclipse and net beans which
    > provides Debugging and Program Tracing?

    You could use Eclipse plugin CDT to write C/C++ code and debug them on Linux.
    I use Emacs to write code and GDB to debug.

    What kind of tracing do you want? You could try strace and ltrace,
    which are shipped in most of the distros. strace could trace the system
    calls, and ltrace could trace the library calls.

    --
    Yao Qi
    GNU/Linux Developer

  4. Re: C/C++ Developent Environment

    a_simple_code wrote:
    > Which is the best integrated development Environment in Linux for C/C++
    > similar to the one we have for java such as Eclipse and net beans which
    > provides Debugging and Program Tracing?
    >
    > Thanks in Advance.

    I really love Code::Blocks IDE.
    See: http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthre...96#post1962696
    (instructions for how to install C::B on Ubuntu Linux. You can easily
    adapt the guide to your distro or install C::B from ready-made package)

  5. Re: C/C++ Developent Environment

    none wrote:
    > a_simple_code wrote:
    > > Which is the best integrated development Environment in Linux for C/C++
    > > similar to the one we have for java such as Eclipse and net beans which
    > > provides Debugging and Program Tracing?
    > >
    > > Thanks in Advance.
    > >

    > I really love Code::Blocks IDE.
    > See: http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthre...96#post1962696
    > (instructions for how to install C::B on Ubuntu Linux. You can easily
    > adapt the guide to your distro or install C::B from ready-made package)

    Thanks for your valuable suggestions.

  6. Re: C/C++ Developent Environment

    "a_simple_code" writes:

    > none wrote:
    >> a_simple_code wrote:
    >> > Which is the best integrated development Environment in Linux for C/C++
    >> > similar to the one we have for java such as Eclipse and net beans which
    >> > provides Debugging and Program Tracing?
    >> >
    >> > Thanks in Advance.
    >> >

    >> I really love Code::Blocks IDE.
    >> See: http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthre...96#post1962696
    >> (instructions for how to install C::B on Ubuntu Linux. You can easily
    >> adapt the guide to your distro or install C::B from ready-made package)

    > Thanks for your valuable suggestions.

    How long will codeblocks be around though?

    http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php...f_Code::Blocks

    I looked at it and got that "soon to be abandoned" feeling and stayed
    with emacs and cscope with ecb/semantic.