does anybody know an very old technology called BBS and how to program BBS? - Linux

This is a discussion on does anybody know an very old technology called BBS and how to program BBS? - Linux ; In comp.os.linux.misc Lefty Bigfoot wrote: : On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 22:15:29 -0600, CBFalconer wrote : (in article ): : Given that you are using a notebook which apparently is one of : the last in the universe without a ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 44 of 44

  1. Re: does anybody know an very old technology called BBS and how to program BBS?

    In comp.os.linux.misc Lefty Bigfoot wrote:
    : On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 22:15:29 -0600, CBFalconer wrote
    : (in article <458CAD61.F9FBE129@yahoo.com>):

    : Given that you are using a notebook which apparently is one of
    : the last in the universe without a network adapter of any kind,
    : new hardware might not be such a bad thing. :-)

    The T30 has onboard NIC. Unless OP managed to somehow get one
    without this he can use ethernet.

    Stan

    : --
    : Lefty
    : All of God's creatures have a place..........
    : .........right next to the potatoes and gravy.
    : See also: http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/images/iProduct.gif

    --
    Stan Bischof ("stan" at the below domain)
    www.worldbadminton.com

  2. Re: does anybody know an very old technology called BBS and how to program BBS?

    On Sun, 24 Dec 2006 12:29:06 -0600, stan@worldbadminton.com
    wrote
    (in article <1166984021.211254@newsreg.cos.agilent.com>):

    > In comp.os.linux.misc Lefty Bigfoot wrote:
    >> On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 22:15:29 -0600, CBFalconer wrote
    >> (in article <458CAD61.F9FBE129@yahoo.com>):

    >> Given that you are using a notebook which apparently is one of
    >> the last in the universe without a network adapter of any kind,
    >> new hardware might not be such a bad thing. :-)

    > The T30 has onboard NIC. Unless OP managed to somehow get one
    > without this he can use ethernet.

    Then why is he wasting everyone's time driving down a blind
    alley?

    --
    Lefty
    All of God's creatures have a place..........
    ..........right next to the potatoes and gravy.
    See also: http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/images/iProduct.gif

  3. Re: does anybody know an very old technology called BBS and how to

    On 2006-12-24, Richard Steiner wrote:
    > Here in comp.os.linux.misc, jasen
    > spake unto us, saying:
    >
    >>On 2006-12-23, Richard Steiner wrote:
    >>
    >>> mTelnet only has Windows and OS/2 versions that I'm aware of. Ztelnet
    >>> has a Linux version, but it's something I haven't used for a while, and
    >>> I don't remember if it used to be on the installation CDs of any of the
    >>> distros I used.

    >>modemu+minicom may be another option.

    > Ah... A Linux answer to SIO's Vmodem virtual modem driver for OS/2
    > (which provides a Hayes-compatible virtual modem interface to telnet
    > for serial-port-based comm programs, etc.).
    >
    > Excellent!

    > Can modemu be used in conjunction with DOSEMU to allow DOS comm progs
    > like Telemate or Telix to be used as a telnet client? That would be
    > awesome! :-)

    It should work... I guess it depends to some extent on which IOCTLs dosemu
    uses and which modemu supports.

    Bye.
    Jasen

  4. Re: does anybody know an very old technology called BBS and how toprogram BBS?

    stan@worldbadminton.com wrote:
    > In comp.os.linux.misc Lefty Bigfoot wrote:
    > : On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 22:15:29 -0600, CBFalconer wrote
    >
    > : Given that you are using a notebook which apparently is one of
    > : the last in the universe without a network adapter of any kind,
    > : new hardware might not be such a bad thing. :-)
    >
    > The T30 has onboard NIC. Unless OP managed to somehow get one
    > without this he can use ethernet.

    The other end (the W98 system) doesn't have an ethernet connection
    so far.

    Joyeux Noel, Bonne Annee.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3