A shell question - Linux

This is a discussion on A shell question - Linux ; Hi, If I type a ' by mistake, how can I quit to the normal input mode in bash. Don't tell me to input another ', because sometimes I can't see the problem is caused by mistake input a ', ...

  1. A shell question

    Hi,

    If I type a ' by mistake, how can I quit to the normal input mode in
    bash. Don't tell me to input another ', because sometimes I can't see
    the problem is caused by mistake input a ', other meta char can also
    cause this, such as ".

    binch@binary-ubuntu:/tmp$ '

    Thanks a lot.
    ABAI

  2. Re: A shell question

    2006-12-15 <1166148575.577884.214590@n67g2000cwd.googlegroups. com>,
    Bin Chen wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > If I type a ' by mistake, how can I quit to the normal input mode in
    > bash. Don't tell me to input another ', because sometimes I can't see
    > the problem is caused by mistake input a ', other meta char can also
    > cause this, such as ".
    >
    > binch@binary-ubuntu:/tmp$ '
    >>

    > Thanks a lot.
    > ABAI

    ctrl-c - which also has the advantage of not causing your botched
    command to be executed.

  3. Re: A shell question

    On 12月15日, 上午10时12分, Random832
    wrote:
    > 2006-12-15 <1166148575.577884.214...@n67g2000cwd.googlegroups. com>,
    >

    > Bin Chen wrote:
    > > Hi,

    > > If I type a ' by mistake, how can I quit to the normal input mode in
    > > bash. Don't tell me to input another ', because sometimes I can't see
    > > the problem is caused by mistake input a ', other meta char can also
    > > cause this, such as ".

    > > binch@binary-ubuntu:/tmp$ '

    > > Thanks a lot.
    > > ABAIctrl-c - which also has the advantage of not causing your botched

    > command to be executed.

    It can work in my PC, but can't apply in my board, which runs busybox,
    the CTRL+C takes no effect.

    Thanks.

  4. Re: A shell question

    Bin Chen wrote:

    > It can work in my PC, but can't apply in my board, which runs busybox,
    > the CTRL+C takes no effect.

    Use stty to see or change what character is configured in your tty for
    interrupt.

    --
    Salu2

  5. Re: A shell question

    On board:
    /usr/share/root # stty
    speed 38400 baud;
    -brkint -imaxbel
    tab3

    On PC:
    binch@binary-ubuntu:~$ stty
    speed 38400 baud; line = 0;
    eol = M-^?; eol2 = M-^?;
    ixany

    so which parameter affect this?

    ABAI

    On 12月15日, 下午7时52分, Julián Albo
    wrote:
    > Bin Chen wrote:
    > > It can work in my PC, but can't apply in my board, which runs busybox,
    > > the CTRL+C takes no effect.Use stty to see or change what character is configured in your tty for

    > interrupt.
    >
    > --
    > Salu2

  6. Re: A shell question