using windows dll in linux gcc application - Linux

This is a discussion on using windows dll in linux gcc application - Linux ; I would like to use a windows dll in my gcc application on Linux. I haven't source code of the windows dll. Does exist some tool that allows me to do that? A possible solution can lauch wine with an ...

  1. using windows dll in linux gcc application

    I would like to use a windows dll in my gcc application on Linux.
    I haven't source code of the windows dll.
    Does exist some tool that allows me to do that?
    A possible solution can lauch wine with an executable that load the dll.
    Example code: system("wine myexe.exe funcname param1 param2 param3 >
    returnparams.txt");
    but i wouldn't like to use windows exe files.
    Thanks

  2. Re: using windows dll in linux gcc application

    shark wrote:

    > but i wouldn't like to use windows exe files.

    A DLL is a windows executable file. The file formats of .exe
    and .dll are the very same.

    Wolfgang Draxinger
    --
    E-Mail address works, Jabber: hexarith@jabber.org, ICQ: 134682867

  3. Re: using windows dll in linux gcc application

    shark wrote:
    > I would like to use a windows dll in my gcc application on Linux.
    > I haven't source code of the windows dll.
    > Does exist some tool that allows me to do that?

    Tool - I'm not sure, but:
    - mplayer, xine and probably some others can load win32 codec DLLs
    - Wine also includes code to load DLLs

    so you only need to look at their source and be on the right CPU
    architecture.

    Uli

+ Reply to Thread