Valgrind: problem reading /proc/self/maps - Linux

This is a discussion on Valgrind: problem reading /proc/self/maps - Linux ; Hi all, I'm testing an application using valgrind 3.2.0 unter Linux kernel 2.4. When the test are finished and the app terminates valgrind gives the error: --15631:0:aspacem Valgrind: FATAL: I/O error on /proc/self/maps --15631:0:aspacem Exiting now. My first thought was ...

  1. Valgrind: problem reading /proc/self/maps

    Hi all,

    I'm testing an application using valgrind 3.2.0 unter Linux kernel 2.4.
    When the test are finished and the app terminates valgrind gives the
    error:

    --15631:0:aspacem Valgrind: FATAL: I/O error on /proc/self/maps
    --15631:0:aspacem Exiting now.

    My first thought was that I need more access rights on that file, but
    my user can do a "cat /proc/self/maps" - so this shouldn't be the
    problem.

    Does anybody know a solution for this?

    Best regards
    Markus

  2. Re: Valgrind: problem reading /proc/self/maps

    > --15631:0:aspacem Valgrind: FATAL: I/O error on /proc/self/maps

    Goto https://sourceforge.net/projects/valgrind/ and find the mailing
    lists valgrind-users and/or valgrind-developers. Subscribe, then ask
    your question there.