Upgrading an operating system is easy

,----[ Quote ]
| Anyone who thinks that Linux is still hard to use has not used Linux for a
| long time.
`----

http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/linux/loc...-is-easy-19452

Free software drivers: the unmatrix

,----[ Quote ]
| One thing that isn’t quite dusty though, is the state of free software
| drivers! I will sum up the different evolutions (some would even say,
| revolutions) that have occurred over this summer (June-September 2007).
`----

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/..._in_3d_drivers

Plenty of progress made. Hardware is usually working out of the box, which is
rarely the case with Windows (unless it's preinstalled by the OEM).

Related:

Linux is not only better than windows, it is also easier to install and
maintain

,----[ Quote ]
| This post inspired me to write this comparison, side by side, specially
| where it says, that windows users says that "Linux is hard to install", so I
| wanted to test it.
`----

http://www.go2linux.org/why-linux-is...r-than-windows

Linux is Easier to Install than Windows!

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.utopiatheory.com/index.php?id=11