[News] Free Modeller Software Shows Feature Parity; 3-D Gaming Likewise - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Free Modeller Software Shows Feature Parity; 3-D Gaming Likewise - Linux ; 3D applications 2007 comparisons table. ,----[ Quote ] | As you view each softwares have their strong and weaks parts ! `---- http://www.tdt3d.be/articles_viewer.php?art_id=99 Open Source Gaming Review: Assault Cube 0.92 ,----[ Quote ] | System requirements aren't too bad either. ...

  1. [News] Free Modeller Software Shows Feature Parity; 3-D Gaming Likewise

    `----

    http://www.tdt3d.be/articles_viewer.php?art_id=99

    Open Source Gaming Review: Assault Cube 0.92

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | System requirements aren't too bad either. They call for:
    |
    | 1GHz or higher CPU
    | 256MB RAM
    | GeForce 4 MX or equivalent GPU.
    |
    | However, if you want to play at the maximum settings. The requirements are a
    | bit stiffer. You'll need at least:
    |
    | 2GHz or higher CPU
    | 512MB RAM
    | GeForce 6600 or equivalent shader model 2.0 GPU
    |
    | And at Maximum, the picture is, in my humble opinion, as good as, if not
    better in some ways, than many proprietary offerings.
    `----

    http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=311

    Related:

    Blender 2.43 released - New Website

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | All on the same day, a new Blender release and the migration to
    | new servers and a brand new design for blender.org
    `----

    http://www.blender.org/news/article/...d-new-website/

    Peach Open Movie

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | As a follow-up to the successful project Orange's "Elephants Dream",
    | the Blender Foundation will initiate another open movie project.
    | Again a couple of the best 3D artists and developers in the Blender
    | community will be invited to come together to work in Amsterdam on
    | completing a short 3D animation movie.
    `----

    http://www.blender.org/blenderorg/bl...ion/2007-plans

    Crystal Space 3D

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Crystal Space is our main project. It is a free cross-platform
    | software development kit for realtime 3D graphics, in particular games...
    | Apricot is the Open Game project together with Blender.
    `----

    http://www.crystalspace3d.org/main/Main_Page

  2. Re: [News] Free Modeller Software Shows Feature Parity; 3-D GamingLikewise

    > Open Source Gaming Review: Assault Cube 0.92

    [...]
    > | And at Maximum, the picture is, in my humble opinion, as good as, if not
    > | better in some ways, than many proprietary offerings.
    > `----

    Well written - not even a single compiler warning. Looks a bit, er,
    bleak though. I'd have to try the MP mode to discover the attraction. In
    SP I keep getting fragged by Captain Shrimps, which for those who have
    never /been/ fragged by Captain Shrimps, is generally not good.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    | "OOXML is a superb standard"
    | - GNU/Linux traitor, Miguel de Icaza.
    `----

    04:42:52 up 55 days, 3:37, 2 users, load average: 0.01, 0.03, 0.01

+ Reply to Thread