Hackers post techniques for reversing iPhone upgrade

,----[ Quote ]
| Owners of hacked iPhones have begun posting instructions on how to roll back
| a recent Apple firmware upgrade that rendered their mobile phones unusable.

Users planning class action suit against Apple over iPhone warranty

,----[ Quote ]
| As expected, the reaction to the iPhone-breaking 1.1.1 firmware has been
| quite strong, with owners of hacked iPhones being particularly teed off.

Just move to Linux phones and be happy.

Linux Sees 'Astronomic' Growth in Mobile Devices

,----[ Quote ]
| "We were very aware that the growth in mobile for Linux was huge, but we
| didn't know it was so astronomic," Amanda McPherson, marketing director for
| the Linux Foundation, told LinuxInsider. "These are very encouraging
| numbers." Why Linux has drawn significant support from the community of
| handset manufacturers can be explained on several fronts, McPherson said.

Forget iPhone, the Gphone is here

,----[ Quote ]
| Google, the nearly $13.5 billion search engine major, is believed to be a
| fortnight away from the worldwide launch of its much-awaited Google Phone
| (Gphone) and has started talks with service providers in India for an
| exclusive launch on one of their networks.

Closed iPhone opens road for Linux phones

,----[ Summary ]
| With iPhone a closed platform, Linux gets an wide-open road for phones and
| other smart devices

Did Apple Violate Magnuson-Moss over iPhone Unlocks?

,----[ Quote ]
| Apple has today stated that unlocking the iPhone is an official warranty
| violation. Further, they have stated that future iPhone firmware updates may
| damage unlocked iPhones. However, Apple may have violated an important
| federal warranty law in doing so. *

Apple to Brick Modded iPhones, Apple Boycott?

,----[ Quote ]