Timely advertising; Nokia poster hot off the press...

,----[ Quote ]
| Photo taken today, on 2nd Ave. in NYC. Now if we could only get Nokia to
| design stuff more like Apple does and get Apple to be as open minded as
| Nokia...

Nokia has also just signed off a huge acquisition.

Nokia Buys Software Maker for $8.1 Billion

,----[ Quote ]
| The purchase, which must be approved by American regulators as well as Navteq
| shareholders, will bolster Nokia, analysts said, in efforts to compete with
| companies like Apple, whose iPhone comes with navigational software from
| Google.

Not working well for eBay/Skype though...

Skype founders quit as executives

As for Apple...

Wozniak hates Open Sauce

,----[ Quote ]
| In an interview with eWeek, Woz said that there are always people who want
| things to be free and the open-source movement starts with those sort of
| people. *

Apple promises to kill unlocked Iphones

iPod Classic Will Be Supported

,----[ Quote ]
| As recently reported on Slashdot, Apple, in its infinite wisdom, has added a
| checksum to the iPod database apparently to restrict non-iTunes products
| (like Amarok via libgpod) from having the ability to add music. *

Apple to Brick Modded iPhones, Apple Boycott?

,----[ Quote ]