The posix timer timer_create will create a thread for signal delivering? - Linux

This is a discussion on The posix timer timer_create will create a thread for signal delivering? - Linux ; Hi, Strange, I see that if I use timer_create to create a timer, when the timer expires, the signal deliver to me, will produce two new thead with my single process program, the signal handler will run in the new ...

  1. The posix timer timer_create will create a thread for signal delivering?

    Hi,

    Strange, I see that if I use timer_create to create a timer, when the
    timer expires, the signal deliver to me, will produce two new thead
    with my single process program, the signal handler will run in the new
    thread. I know they are two thread with a manager thread.

    Is it right and why need such implementation?

    Thanks.
    ABAI

  2. Re: The posix timer timer_create will create a thread for signaldelivering?

    Binary wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Strange, I see that if I use timer_create to create a timer, when the
    > timer expires, the signal deliver to me, will produce two new thead
    > with my single process program, the signal handler will run in the new
    > thread. I know they are two thread with a manager thread.
    >
    > Is it right and why need such implementation?

    Atleast this used to have poor kernel support, so they
    implemented it in userspace, with threads.

    Things might have changed with a recent kernel/glibc.

+ Reply to Thread