ppp fails to connect to windows - Linux

This is a discussion on ppp fails to connect to windows - Linux ; Hi, I need to connect from window xp to a linux-based OS (QNX) via bluetooth over ppp. The connection is established for a few seconds before it is disconnected. Below are my configurations: #options.ser2 lock #create lockfile noauth #no authentication ...

  1. Smile ppp fails to connect to windows

    Hi,

    I need to connect from window xp to a linux-based OS (QNX) via bluetooth over ppp. The connection is established for a few seconds before it is disconnected.
    Below are my configurations:

    #options.ser2
    lock #create lockfile
    noauth #no authentication
    asyncmap 0
    crtscts #enable hardware flow control
    local #this is not a modem
    silent #wait for connections
    192.168.1.1:192.168.1.21 #IP addresses server:client
    115200 # Line speed -- may need to be reduced for long cables
    connect 'chat -v -f /etc/ppp/win.chat'

    #win.chat
    TIMEOUT 3600
    CLIENT CLIENTSERVER\c

    # /etc/ppp/pap-secrets
    #
    # user server secret addrs
    * * "" 192.168.1.21

    On windows side , i am only enabling pap authentication and i am not using any user name and password.

    On linux side,I issued the following command:
    pppd /dev/ser2 debug logfile /etc/ppp/logfile.

    The debug log file's content is as shown below:

    Serial connection established.
    using channel 0
    Using interface ppp0
    Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/ser2
    rcvd [LCP ConfReq id=0x0 ]
    Warning - secret file /etc/ppp/pap-secrets has world and/or group access
    sent [LCP ConfReq id=0x1 ]
    sent [LCP ConfRej id=0x0 ]
    rcvd [LCP ConfReq id=0x1 ]
    sent [LCP ConfRej id=0x1 ]
    sent [LCP ConfReq id=0x1 ]
    rcvd [LCP ConfReq id=0x2 ]
    sent [LCP ConfRej id=0x2 ]
    sent [LCP ConfReq id=0x1 ]
    rcvd [LCP ConfReq id=0x3 ]
    sent [LCP ConfRej id=0x3 ]
    sent [LCP ConfReq id=0x1 ]
    sent [LCP ConfReq id=0x1 ]
    rcvd [LCP ConfReq id=0x4 ]
    sent [LCP ConfRej id=0x4 ]
    sent [LCP ConfReq id=0x1 ]
    rcvd [LCP ConfReq id=0x5 ]
    sent [LCP ConfRej id=0x5 ]
    sent [LCP ConfReq id=0x1 ]
    rcvd [LCP ConfReq id=0x6 ]
    sent [LCP ConfRej id=0x6 ]
    sent [LCP ConfReq id=0x1 ]
    sent [LCP ConfReq id=0x1 ]
    rcvd [LCP ConfReq id=0x7 ]
    sent [LCP ConfRej id=0x7 ]
    sent [LCP ConfReq id=0x1 ]
    rcvd [LCP ConfReq id=0x8 ]
    sent [LCP ConfRej id=0x8 ]
    LCP: timeout sending Config-Requests
    auth.c: Connection terminated.
    tcsetattr: Interrupted function call
    Terminating on signal 2

    I need advice on what could have caused LCP to reject callback CBCP message.

    Thank you for for help.

    Best Regards
    unixnoob

  2. Re: ppp fails to connect to windows

    Your RAS client dialed in requesting the TCP/IP protocol, but you did not select the TCP/IP option in the Server Settings option in Network Configuration for Remote Access Setup.

+ Reply to Thread