Conferences are usually expensive - Linux

This is a discussion on Conferences are usually expensive - Linux ; I've seen some noise from the usual idiots that it was "bribery" when MS distributed code and documentation to attendees of the PDC via 160 GB portable hard drives. Interesting concept. It cost something like $2000 just to register for ...

  1. Conferences are usually expensive

    I've seen some noise from the usual idiots that it was "bribery" when MS
    distributed code and documentation to attendees of the PDC via 160 GB
    portable hard drives.

    Interesting concept. It cost something like $2000 just to register for
    the PDC. Add on to that the costs of transportation and lodging.

    Just how, exactly, is getting a $100 drive full of developer technical
    material (at a developed technical conference) from Microsoft, after
    you've given Microsoft thousands to attend their conference, bribery?

    --
    --Tim Smith

  2. Re: Conferences are usually expensive

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Tim Smith belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > I've seen some noise from the usual idiots that it was "bribery" when MS
    > distributed code and documentation to attendees of the PDC via 160 GB
    > portable hard drives.
    >
    > Interesting concept. It cost something like $2000 just to register for
    > the PDC. Add on to that the costs of transportation and lodging.
    >
    > Just how, exactly, is getting a $100 drive full of developer technical
    > material (at a developed technical conference) from Microsoft, after
    > you've given Microsoft thousands to attend their conference, bribery?

    Our customer would have to refuse a much smaller "gift", large conference
    fee or not.

    I think we ourselves could accept such a "gift".

    I suppose loyalty has been bought for less, though. Anything to tip the
    balance.

    One thing I would refuse, though, is Microsoft hookers -- too many viruses.

    --
    Please remain calm, it's no use both of us being hysterical at the same time.

+ Reply to Thread