The big Windows 7 lie - Linux

This is a discussion on The big Windows 7 lie - Linux ; You've read the early reviews with comments like Windows 7 is a big improvement over Vista and Windows 7 is wicked fast....[but]... Randall Kennedy put the Windows 7 engine on a real test-bench and discovered that, at the kernel level, ...

  1. The big Windows 7 lie

    You've read the early reviews with comments like Windows 7 is a big
    improvement over Vista and Windows 7 is wicked fast....[but]...
    Randall Kennedy put the Windows 7 engine on a real test-bench and
    discovered that, at the kernel level, "When viewed side by side in
    Performance Monitor, Vista and Windows 7 were virtually
    indistinguishable."

    In case you haven't used Vista, that means you can expect Windows 7
    performance to be lousy. Kennedy ran the same application performance
    tests comparing XP and Vista and found that Vista ran 40% slower than
    XP....

    Kennedy found, "In a nutshell, Windows 7 M3 is a virtual twin of Vista
    when it comes to performance." There are also peas in a pod when it
    comes to being resource hogs. Microsoft can talk about how Windows 7
    will work great on netbooks and some people can claim that Windows 7
    will run desktop Linux off netbooks, but Windows 7 is no more suitable
    than Vista is for a netbook.

    What's really going on here is Microsoft's same old, same old.
    Microsoft is trying to pull the wool over our eyes by making Windows 7
    look great in staged events and by bribing reviewers with expensive
    laptops. They're also trying to freeze everyone's purchase plans by
    making Windows 7 sound like the next great thing, so why would you
    want to consider say Ubuntu 8.10 or a new Mac?

    The answer is that if you're sick and tired of being jerked around by
    Microsoft, and after Vista I would hope some of you would be, now is
    the perfect time to considering move to Linux or the Mac.

    http://blogs.computerworld.com/the_big_windows_7_lie

  2. Re: The big Windows 7 lie

    nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu wrote:

    > You've read the early reviews with comments like Windows 7 is a big
    > improvement over Vista and Windows 7 is wicked fast....[but]...
    > Randall Kennedy put the Windows 7 engine on a real test-bench and
    > discovered that, at the kernel level, "When viewed side by side in
    > Performance Monitor, Vista and Windows 7 were virtually
    > indistinguishable."

    Thats just totally amazing!!

    In short Micoshaft Marketing are hood winking the IT Admin
    by creating materially false report and reviews across
    the length and breadth of the Internet.

    Its the same old monopoly hoodwiking in the same old way
    the same old IT Admins despite all the anti-trust convictions.

    What I say is this - MAKE SURE THE DAMGES ARE x10 NEXT TIME!!!!!
    And back date the convictions to allow damages to be collected
    from the first day the truly fcked up lies being injected
    into the media began.

    There is no reason for the courts to be lenient with micoshaft
    corporation and its re-offending business practices.

    > In case you haven't used Vista, that means you can expect Windows 7
    > performance to be lousy. Kennedy ran the same application performance
    > tests comparing XP and Vista and found that Vista ran 40% slower than
    > XP....
    >
    > Kennedy found, "In a nutshell, Windows 7 M3 is a virtual twin of Vista
    > when it comes to performance." There are also peas in a pod when it
    > comes to being resource hogs. Microsoft can talk about how Windows 7
    > will work great on netbooks and some people can claim that Windows 7
    > will run desktop Linux off netbooks, but Windows 7 is no more suitable
    > than Vista is for a netbook.
    >
    > What's really going on here is Microsoft's same old, same old.
    > Microsoft is trying to pull the wool over our eyes by making Windows 7
    > look great in staged events and by bribing reviewers with expensive
    > laptops. They're also trying to freeze everyone's purchase plans by
    > making Windows 7 sound like the next great thing, so why would you
    > want to consider say Ubuntu 8.10 or a new Mac?
    >
    > The answer is that if you're sick and tired of being jerked around by
    > Microsoft, and after Vista I would hope some of you would be, now is
    > the perfect time to considering move to Linux or the Mac.
    >

    > http://blogs.computerworld.com/the_big_windows_7_lie

  3. Re: The big Windows 7 lie

    After takin' a swig o' grog, nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > What's really going on here is Microsoft's same old, same old.
    > Microsoft is trying to pull the wool over our eyes by making Windows 7
    > look great in staged events and by bribing reviewers with expensive
    > laptops. They're also trying to freeze everyone's purchase plans by
    > making Windows 7 sound like the next great thing, so why would you
    > want to consider say Ubuntu 8.10 or a new Mac?
    >

    > http://blogs.computerworld.com/the_big_windows_7_lie

    That's why you have to find a way to "open the kimono".

    --
    The instruments of science do not in themselves discover truth. And there are
    searchings that are not concluded by the coincidence of a pointer and a mark.

+ Reply to Thread