OpenGL on life support, beaten up by Microsoft DirectX10 - Linux

This is a discussion on OpenGL on life support, beaten up by Microsoft DirectX10 - Linux ; "...catching up with Direct3D at this point would be near impossible." "DX10 is much more innovative, better designed, supported and manageable than OGL... just see the # of the commercial engines for PC-Windows games using OGL and the # of ...

  1. OpenGL on life support, beaten up by Microsoft DirectX10

    "...catching up with Direct3D at this point would be near impossible."

    "DX10 is much more innovative, better designed, supported and manageable
    than OGL... just see the # of the commercial engines for PC-Windows games
    using OGL and the # of the DX ones... clearly OGL is loosing the battle...
    each day that pass a bit more."

    http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boa...&nt=62&fpart=1

  2. WINDUMMY FANBOYEES can't get get their factoids straight

    Micoshaft asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock DFS
    wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Department of Marketing:

    > "...catching up with Direct3D at this point would be near impossible."
    >
    > "DX10 is much more innovative, better designed, supported and manageable
    > than OGL... just see the # of the commercial engines for PC-Windows games
    > using OGL and the # of the DX ones... clearly OGL is loosing the battle...
    > each day that pass a bit more."

    Thata a complete and utter fraudulent perspective brought
    to your attention by a micoshaft fraudster.

    What matters in gaming is the speed x resolution envelope.
    Linux and Open GL has the highest of all speed x resolution envelope
    which means the best games will ONLY run on Linux.

    2nd best games run on WINDUMMY PCs.

    Running Sabayon LiveDVD and some of the games on it like Nexuiz
    shows you why windummies have such poor gaming experience
    which is why they are welcome to hold up their 'shiny crap' if they wish -
    because it is amusing to watch knowledge challenged WINDUMMIES making
    an ass of themselves.

    > http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards

    ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=243193&nt=62&fpart=1

  3. Re: OpenGL on life support, beaten up by Microsoft DirectX10

    After takin' a swig o' grog, DFS belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > "...catching up with Direct3D at this point would be near impossible."
    >
    > "DX10 is much more innovative, better designed, supported and manageable
    > than OGL... just see the # of the commercial engines for PC-Windows games
    > using OGL and the # of the DX ones... clearly OGL is loosing the battle...
    > each day that pass a bit more."
    >
    > http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boa...&nt=62&fpart=1

    None of that text appears at that URL.

    I detect a big lie-fest from DFS.

    So what else is new?

    I did find reference to it by googling on exact text:

    http://fixunix.com/linux/523315-news...ngl-3-0-a.html

    The poster who quotes this stuff concludes:

    All paid plants by Microsoft DirectX shills of course.

    And the link he quotes? Has nothing about it.

    But lookee here:

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....63131b43e45280

    Look at DFS's link! And again the link has nothing like what he quotes.

    Is DFS a total lying asshole? Looks like it!

    But....

    http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boa...243193&fpart=9

    OpenGL is dead. Khronos killed it.

    But, apparently, it is not dead. There are merely problems in producing
    version 3.

    Start at the link above and start reading. You'll get a much clear picture
    than you'll get from the pathological liar DFS.

    Next he'll be claiming the Linux kernel is dead because people bitch on the
    kernel list.

    --
    It's raisins that make Post Raisin Bran so raisiny ...

+ Reply to Thread