I'm a PC, I'm a Mac, but checkout LINUX! - Linux

This is a discussion on I'm a PC, I'm a Mac, but checkout LINUX! - Linux ; http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa1RCg...eature=related -- If we wish to reduce our ignorance, there are people we will indeed listen to. Trolls are not among those people, as trolls, more or less by definition, *promote* ignorance. Kelsey Bjarnason, C.O.L.A. 2008...

  1. I'm a PC, I'm a Mac, but checkout LINUX!

    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa1RCg...eature=related

    indeed listen to. Trolls are not among those people, as trolls, more or
    Kelsey Bjarnason, C.O.L.A. 2008

  2. Re: I'm a PC, I'm a Mac, but checkout LINUX!

  3. Re: I'm a PC, I'm a Mac, but checkout LINUX!

    this bit o' wisdom:

    >> http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa1RCg...eature=related

    > Oh, that's not Linux. That's Novell, the PC guy's (Ballmer's) b****.

    Speaking of Ballmer, I think Apple's missing something by not highlighting
    Ballmer in it's Mac ads. Of course, Ballmer's not as much in the public eye
    as Gates, so it might mystify some people.

    "Ballmer" leaping around the white stage, being calmed down by "Bill",
    the Mac guy dialing 911, chairs flying, while the Zune zeppelin crashes
    behind them in flames!

    --
    To be is to be related.
    -- C. J. Keyser.

  4. Re: I'm a PC, I'm a Mac, but checkout LINUX!

  5. Re: I'm a PC, I'm a Mac, but checkout LINUX!

    On Nov 10, 9:18*pm, Terry Porter wrote:
    > http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa1RCg...eature=related

    That's great! I love it!

  6. Re: I'm a PC, I'm a Mac, but checkout LINUX!

    "Chris Ahlstrom" wrote in message
    news:gueSk.58350$XT1.4379@bignews5.bellsouth.net.. .
    > After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out
    > this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >>> http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa1RCg...eature=related

    >> Oh, that's not Linux. That's Novell, the PC guy's (Ballmer's) b****.

    > Speaking of Ballmer, I think Apple's missing something by not highlighting
    > Ballmer in it's Mac ads. Of course, Ballmer's not as much in the public
    > eye
    > as Gates, so it might mystify some people.

    I doubt that many normal people actually know who Ballmer is. There's
    certainly going to be some legal issues with using him or his likeness in a
    commercial so that's never going to happen.

    > "Ballmer" leaping around the white stage, being calmed down by "Bill",
    > the Mac guy dialing 911, chairs flying, while the Zune zeppelin crashes
    > behind them in flames!
    >
    > --
    > To be is to be related.
    > -- C. J. Keyser.

  7. Re: I'm a PC, I'm a Mac, but checkout LINUX!

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    >____/ Terry Porter on Tuesday 11 November 2008 05:18 : \____
    >
    >> http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa1RCg...eature=related

    >Oh, that's not Linux. That's Novell, the PC guy's (Ballmer's) b****.
    >
    >"Our partnership with Microsoft continues to expand."
    >
    > --Ron Hovsepian, Novell CEO

    Hehe. That's almost like the Pope saying "Our partnership with Satan
    continues to expand."

  8. Re: I'm a PC, I'm a Mac, but checkout LINUX!

    this bit o' wisdom:

    > ____/ Chris Ahlstrom on Tuesday 11 November 2008 12:06 : \____
    >
    >> After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out
    >> this bit o' wisdom:

    >>> Oh, that's not Linux. That's Novell, the PC guy's (Ballmer's) b****.

    >> Speaking of Ballmer, I think Apple's missing something by not highlighting
    >> Ballmer in it's Mac ads. Of course, Ballmer's not as much in the public eye
    >> as Gates, so it might mystify some people.
    >>
    >> "Ballmer" leaping around the white stage, being calmed down by "Bill",
    >> the Mac guy dialing 911, chairs flying, while the Zune zeppelin crashes
    >> behind them in flames!

    > It's bad enough that they advertise Mac by trashing the competition. Going ad
    > hominem would be a step too far.

    It's not ad hominem if it is true.

    --
    The English have no respect for their language, and will not teach
    their children to speak it.

  9. Re: I'm a PC, I'm a Mac, but checkout LINUX!

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Ezekiel belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > "Chris Ahlstrom" wrote in message
    > news:gueSk.58350$XT1.4379@bignews5.bellsouth.net.. .
    >> After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out
    >> this bit o' wisdom:

    >>> Oh, that's not Linux. That's Novell, the PC guy's (Ballmer's) b****.

    >> Speaking of Ballmer, I think Apple's missing something by not highlighting
    >> Ballmer in it's Mac ads. Of course, Ballmer's not as much in the public
    >> eye
    >> as Gates, so it might mystify some people.

    > I doubt that many normal people actually know who Ballmer is. There's
    > certainly going to be some legal issues with using him or his likeness in a
    > commercial so that's never going to happen.

    Why not? Apart from girth (although Gates /is/ catching up in that
    department) the John Hodgman PC character is a pretty close clone to Gates.

    Maybe not as arrogant, assholey, and coprolalic as Gates, but otherwise...

    Have you seen the recent Buy.Com ad? A skinny nerd is featured, looking
    almost exactly like a young Bill Gates.

    --
    "I prefer to think that God is not dead, just drunk"
    -- John Huston

  10. Re: I'm a PC, I'm a Mac, but checkout LINUX!

    On Nov 11, 4:06*am, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    > After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out
    > * this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    > >>http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa1RCg...eature=related

    > > Oh, that's not Linux. That's Novell, the PC guy's (Ballmer's) b****.

    > Speaking of Ballmer, I think Apple's missing something by not highlighting
    > Ballmer in it's Mac ads. *Of course, Ballmer's not as much in the public eye
    > as Gates, so it might mystify some people.
    >
    > * *"Ballmer" leaping around the white stage, being calmed down by "Bill",
    > * *the Mac guy dialing 911, chairs flying, while the Zune zeppelin crashes
    > * *behind them in flames!

    If I was a rich Apple executive, I would pay to have that made ...
    .... even if it could never be aired.

    It would leak out in a year or two and become as well known as the
    1984 ad.

    > --
    > To be is to be related.
    > * * * * * * * * -- C. J. Keyser.

  11. Re: I'm a PC, I'm a Mac, but checkout LINUX!

+ Reply to Thread