New hardware is a first for Lotus

,----[ Quote ]
| The IBM Lotus Foundations Start server runs the Linux operating system and
| contains e-mail and calendaring programs, as well as the Lotus Symphony suite
| of office productiving software, like word processing and spreadsheet
| programs.
`----

http://www.boston.com/business/ticke...rdware_is.html

Google and IBM are eating Microsoft's lunch.

Recent:

IBM Lotus: we're beating Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| IBM's Lotus business claims to be winning millions of seats away from
| Microsoft's Exchange, including some key wins in emerging markets. Lotus
| outgrew Microsoft in 2Q08, company officials claimed.
|
| [...]
|
| Picciano's gibe is presumably at least in part a reference to his company's
| adoption of the OpenDocument Format for Symphony, as opposed to Microsoft's
| effort to have its proprietary file format adopted as an international
| standard - a move that caused considerable controversy, including allegations
| of irregularities in the standard-setting process.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/19775/1054/

IBM Growth in Emerging Markets Fuels Lotus Momentum

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/stor...F%7D&dist=hppr
http://tinyurl.com/5fmfje

Related:

Finally, Notes on Linux is here and ready

,----[ Quote ]
| Anyway, Lotus Notes 8 on SLED is here and it's ready for business. It's now
| time for IBM to take the bull by the horns and modernize this legacy
| groupware client to make it even better.
|
| Hey, it does what few others do – offers a consistent cross-platform user
| experience.
`----

http://www.techworld.com.au/blog/tal...here_and_ready

IBM, allies offer Microsoft-free PCs for E.Europe

,----[ Quote ]
| International Business Machines Corp (IBM.N: Quote, Profile, Research) said
| it was offering the PCs based on the open-source Linux operating system
| together with Red Hat (RHT.N: Quote, Profile, Research) software distributor
| VDEL of Austria and Polish distributor and services firm LX Polska in
| response to demand from Russian IT chiefs.
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/marke...0080304?rpc=44

Lotus Notes 8.5 to fully support Ubuntu Linux 7.0 in mid-2008

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://computerworld.com/action/arti...&intsrc=kc_top