Spanking "Owl" and laying other myths to rest : "Virtual Desktops" on Windows. - Linux

This is a discussion on Spanking "Owl" and laying other myths to rest : "Virtual Desktops" on Windows. - Linux ; On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 19:29:35 +0100, Peter Köhlmann wrote: > You will soon encounter that lots of apps place suddenly their Msg-Boxes > on the currently active desktop, software which runs to a point and then > opens a ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 61

Thread: Spanking "Owl" and laying other myths to rest : "Virtual Desktops" on Windows.

  1. Re: Spanking "Owl" and laying other myths to rest : "VirtualDesktops" on Windows.

    On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 19:29:35 +0100, Peter Köhlmann wrote:



    > You will soon encounter that lots of apps place suddenly their Msg-Boxes
    > on the currently active desktop, software which runs to a point and then
    > opens a new dialogue does so on the currently active one and not the one
    > the app is running in and so on.
    > It is utterly confusing since you have to check which app demands your
    > attention now. Bull**** stuff
    >


    >
    > Nope. Not masochistic enough for garbage like that


    Virtual desktops are a source of confusion to the Windows user, initially
    they cannot see a possible reason for them.

    The Windows one desktop restriction, is the prison they live in, kind of
    like a no-tabbed Internet Exploder.

    Anyone using Firefox for more than a few weeks, considers tabbed browser
    windows a *must have*, and virtual desktops are the same.


    Windows ... these are the walls of your prison, how many times would you
    like shuffle to and fro between them today ?



    --
    If we wish to reduce our ignorance, there are people we will
    indeed listen to. Trolls are not among those people, as trolls, more or
    less by definition, *promote* ignorance.
    Kelsey Bjarnason, C.O.L.A. 2008

  2. Re: Spanking "Owl" and laying other myths to rest : "Virtual Desktops" on Windows.

    Hadron wrote:
    >
    > I use Debian. I have corrected you in the Debian news groups. I today
    > have been telling someone how to do things that virtual desktops do
    > without the need for them to keep the OS slim and resource needs down.
    >


    You run linux but don't make use of the multiple desktops?

    What do you do, just let the pager sit there twiddling its thumbs while
    you fill up desktop #1 with application windows?

    Or do you work only from the console but stay on tty1 for everything?

    Your whole life is just one big self-nuke, isn't it.


  3. Re: Spanking "Owl" and laying other myths to rest : "Virtual Desktops" on Windows.

    William Poaster writes:

    > On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 23:23:43 +0100, Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    >
    >> Tim Smith wrote:
    >>
    >>> In article ,
    >>> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>> Hadron would have us use broken and fragile environments on an overblown
    >>>> and bloated operating system to get features that we already get, without
    >>>> the bugs and bloat, on GNU/Linux.
    >>>>
    >>>> Some Linux advocate /he/ is. Pfft.
    >>>
    >>> He advocates the use of Debian.

    >>
    >> Nope. He *claims* to advocate the use of Debian. That does not mean that he
    >> uses linux at all


    Don't be an idiot all your life Peter. Try and get out of that sad
    bitter little corner you inhabit.

    Once more : I think Debian is a fantastic system. I dropped Ubuntu
    because of the overly adventurous release schedule and the fanboy
    community (read Willy Poaster etc). You have also claimed I do not use
    Emacs for some reason. And I disproved your claims there too.

    >
    > Quack *claims* to use Linux, & advocate it. However all his advocacy has
    > been for is M$, & Windows applications.


    Lie. And provable. I have frequently listed my favorite Linux
    applications. I have frequently pointed out benefits in Debian.


    > In fact is was *so* noticeable in the Ubuntu group, he got to be known as
    > a M$ fanboi by at least a dozen of the regular posters.


    No. By you and other similar Linux fan boys and morons who didnt like
    being corrected or having your lies pointed out.

    >
    >>> You think Debian is broken and
    >>> fragile?? Overblown and bloated??
    >>>

    >>
    >> No. It is way behind current development, except if you use the
    >> testing/unstable versions. And then it is worse than other distros. Add to
    >> that the fact that they adhere to a rigorous "political" stance regarding
    >> non-free software (and that includes subtleties in licence wording), and
    >> you have a sure recipe for disaster when a dimwit like Hadron Quark comes
    >> along


  4. Re: Spanking "Owl" and laying other myths to rest : "Virtual Desktops" on Windows.

    Terry Porter writes:

    > On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 23:09:56 +0000, William Poaster wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 19:29:35 +0100, Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hadron wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>> Sigh.
    >>>>
    >>>> It appears posters like Owl can not use Google and merely parrot the
    >>>> lies of William Poaster, Roy and Liarnut amongst others. In COLA there
    >>>> are so many to choose from.
    >>>>
    >>>> So here ya go Owl, a download away:
    >>>>
    >>>> http://virtuawin.sourceforge.net/
    >>>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/

    > xppowertoys.mspx
    >>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7NRq...eature=related
    >>>>
    >>> http://www.codeplex.com/vdm/Wiki/View.aspx?

    > title=Screenshots&referringTitle=Home
    >>>>
    >>>> Source available. Download away. Remind you of anything?
    >>>>
    >>>> Not that I have ever really found much of a use of virtual desktops
    >>>> but regardless if you do, there they are.
    >>>
    >>> And utterly useless. Have you actually tried to use that stuff, "true
    >>> linux advocate", "kernel hacker", "emacs user", "swapfile expert", "X
    >>> specialist", "CUPS guru", "USB-disk server admin", "defragger
    >>> professional", "newsreader magician", "hardware maven", "time
    >>> coordinator", "email sage" and "OSS culling committee chairman" Hadron
    >>> Quark, aka Hans Schneider, aka Richard, aka Damian O'Leary, aka Steve
    >>> Townsend, aka Ubuntu King?
    >>>
    >>> You will soon encounter that lots of apps place suddenly their
    >>> Msg-Boxes on the currently active desktop, software which runs to a
    >>> point and then opens a new dialogue does so on the currently active one
    >>> and not the one the app is running in and so on.
    >>> It is utterly confusing since you have to check which app demands your
    >>> attention now. Bull**** stuff
    >>>
    >>>> Enjoy!
    >>>
    >>> Nope. Not masochistic enough for garbage like that

    >>
    >> And where have I said anything about virtual desktops for windoze? I
    >> have no interest in the M$ crap. Again Quack making things up about what
    >> people *supposedly* said.


    Huh? Owl was suggesting that his whole world revolves Linux VDs. The
    fact that they are not Linux but rather third party OSS desktop managers
    is another thing altogether and another reason to laugh at Owl, Willy
    and all since third party ones exist for Windows too.

    So - owned once more.

    >
    > I think you're reading the Hadron attributions there, he's the Windroid
    > that made the claim. he is "mr zero credibility"


    Windroid? Eh.

    >
    > You're a well known Linux user!


    Is he? When has he EVER posted anything that could be construed as real
    Linux advocacy. All he ever posts is "works for me".

  5. Re: Spanking "Owl" and laying other myths to rest : "Virtual Desktops" on Windows.

    Terry Porter writes:

    > On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 19:29:35 +0100, Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >> You will soon encounter that lots of apps place suddenly their Msg-Boxes
    >> on the currently active desktop, software which runs to a point and then
    >> opens a new dialogue does so on the currently active one and not the one
    >> the app is running in and so on.
    >> It is utterly confusing since you have to check which app demands your
    >> attention now. Bull**** stuff
    >>

    >
    >>
    >> Nope. Not masochistic enough for garbage like that

    >
    > Virtual desktops are a source of confusion to the Windows user, initially
    > they cannot see a possible reason for them.


    It scares me that you believe that. It sums up your self centred,
    egocentric belief in your own intelligence despite constantly being put
    right by others in this very NG. You think "windows users" do not see a
    need? Are you mad? Personally I see a need for some things but as a
    professioal SW developer multi desktops on physical output devices are
    MUCH more important. Separate X screens are a real boon.

    >
    > The Windows one desktop restriction, is the prison they live in, kind of
    > like a no-tabbed Internet Exploder.


    There is no such restriction you ****ing idiot.

    >
    > Anyone using Firefox for more than a few weeks, considers tabbed browser
    > windows a *must have*, and virtual desktops are the same.


    Firefox runs on Windows too.... As do numerous Virtual Desktop
    applications should you want them.
    >
    >
    > Windows ... these are the walls of your prison, how many times would you
    > like shuffle to and fro between them today ?


    Seriously, why do you tell so many lies? YOu should try using Windows
    before you make your idiocy even more obvious to the rest of the world.

    As it is, there are other possibilities too :

    Gnu Screen
    Elscreen in Emacs
    Simple application switching

    Virtual Desktops can be nice, no doubt but I dont personally use
    them. Some choice is a good thing. On both Windows and Linux.


  6. Re: Spanking "Owl" and laying other myths to rest : "Virtual Desktops" on Windows.

    Hadron wrote:
    > Terry Porter writes:
    >
    >> On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 19:29:35 +0100, Peter Khlmann wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>> You will soon encounter that lots of apps place suddenly their Msg-Boxes
    >>> on the currently active desktop, software which runs to a point and then
    >>> opens a new dialogue does so on the currently active one and not the one
    >>> the app is running in and so on.
    >>> It is utterly confusing since you have to check which app demands your
    >>> attention now. Bull**** stuff
    >>>

    >>
    >>>
    >>> Nope. Not masochistic enough for garbage like that

    >>
    >> Virtual desktops are a source of confusion to the Windows user, initially
    >> they cannot see a possible reason for them.

    >
    > It scares me that you believe that. It sums up your self centred,
    > egocentric belief in your own intelligence despite constantly being put
    > right by others in this very NG. You think "windows users" do not see a
    > need? Are you mad? Personally I see a need for some things but as a
    > professioal SW developer multi desktops on physical output devices are
    > MUCH more important. Separate X screens are a real boon.
    >


    One would think that a "professional sw developer" would find multiple
    desktops of greater value than multiple monitors, since one could
    test different platforms in VMs spread across the desktops. Then again,
    if you're only developing for one platform, and if that platform
    doesn't have multiple desktops...


    >>
    >> The Windows one desktop restriction, is the prison they live in, kind of
    >> like a no-tabbed Internet Exploder.

    >
    > There is no such restriction you ****ing idiot.
    >


    Last time I checked, a Windoze install did not give an option to enable
    multiple desktops. Just as well, I guess. One less reboot required.


    >>
    >> Anyone using Firefox for more than a few weeks, considers tabbed browser
    >> windows a *must have*, and virtual desktops are the same.

    >
    > Firefox runs on Windows too.... As do numerous Virtual Desktop
    > applications should you want them.



    But nobody wants them because they are crapware. Or are at least made
    to look like crapware by the **** code in the underlying OS.


    >>
    >>
    >> Windows ... these are the walls of your prison, how many times would you
    >> like shuffle to and fro between them today ?

    >
    > Seriously, why do you tell so many lies? YOu should try using Windows
    > before you make your idiocy even more obvious to the rest of the world.
    >
    > As it is, there are other possibilities too :
    >
    > Gnu Screen


    Multiple windows. One desktop. Bzzzt.


    > Elscreen in Emacs


    Multiple "windows". One "desktop". Bzzzt.


    > Simple application switching
    >


    Wow. What an alternative. Why didn't I think of that.


    > Virtual Desktops can be nice, no doubt but I dont personally use
    > them. Some choice is a good thing. On both Windows and Linux.
    >





  7. Re: Spanking "Owl" and laying other myths to rest : "Virtual Desktops" on Windows.

    In article ,
    Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    > >>
    > >> Hadron would have us use broken and fragile environments on an
    > >> overblown and bloated operating system to get features that we
    > >> already get, without the bugs and bloat, on GNU/Linux.
    > >>
    > >> Some Linux advocate /he/ is. Pfft.

    > >
    > > He advocates the use of Debian. You think Debian is broken and
    > > fragile?? Overblown and bloated??

    >
    > Learn to read, Tim. Hadron was crowing about "VirtualWin" and the Microsoft
    > Virtual Desktop PowerToy, both of which are rather buggy (I have tried the
    > Microsoft toy myself), and how we should use them, and "enjoy" them.
    >
    > You would do better to rein in your haste to make a pithy sarcastic
    > pronouncement and instead pause, reread, and reflect, before coming up with
    > a boner like that one.
    >
    > Now, I personally give Hadron kudos for using Debian. It does not, however,
    > negate his jeering anti-Linux and anti-OSS attitude, which all to often
    > has, as its counterpoint, an artificial boosting of the Windows solution
    > as a clear preference, and throwing insults at posters who argue the
    > preference for Linux.


    He listed some virtual desktop solutions for Windows, apparently in
    answer to some posters who didn't think they were available. He did not
    say they were better than Linux solutions.


    --
    --Tim Smith

  8. Re: Spanking "Owl" and laying other myths to rest : "Virtual Desktops" on Windows.

    Tim Smith wrote:
    > In article ,
    > Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >> >>
    >> >> Hadron would have us use broken and fragile environments on an
    >> >> overblown and bloated operating system to get features that we
    >> >> already get, without the bugs and bloat, on GNU/Linux.
    >> >>
    >> >> Some Linux advocate /he/ is. Pfft.
    >> >
    >> > He advocates the use of Debian. You think Debian is broken and
    >> > fragile?? Overblown and bloated??

    >>
    >> Learn to read, Tim. Hadron was crowing about "VirtualWin" and the Microsoft
    >> Virtual Desktop PowerToy, both of which are rather buggy (I have tried the
    >> Microsoft toy myself), and how we should use them, and "enjoy" them.
    >>
    >> You would do better to rein in your haste to make a pithy sarcastic
    >> pronouncement and instead pause, reread, and reflect, before coming up with
    >> a boner like that one.
    >>
    >> Now, I personally give Hadron kudos for using Debian. It does not, however,
    >> negate his jeering anti-Linux and anti-OSS attitude, which all to often
    >> has, as its counterpoint, an artificial boosting of the Windows solution
    >> as a clear preference, and throwing insults at posters who argue the
    >> preference for Linux.

    >
    > He listed some virtual desktop solutions for Windows, apparently in
    > answer to some posters who didn't think they were available. He did not
    > say they were better than Linux solutions.
    >


    Flakey multi-desktop solutions have been available for Windoze for years.
    Hadron is not "educating" anyone by sharing his latest discovery. Yet he
    feels the need to jump outside the thread of discussion and start this new
    thread just to launch an ad-hominem attack against me and others.

    The hypocrisy of his ignoring the flaws in these Windoze VD solutions and
    promoting them as having equivalent functionality of X11 pagers, while
    elsewhere denigrating OpenOffice as not being on par with MS Office, is
    shameful. Worthy of a Professional Wintard.

    "Screen" indeed.


  9. Re: Spanking "Owl" and laying other myths to rest : "Virtual Desktops" on Windows.

    Hadron wrote:
    > William Poaster writes:
    >
    >> On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 15:40:01 -0600, chrisv wrote:
    >>
    >>> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Hadron would have us use broken and fragile environments on an overblown and
    >>>> bloated operating system to get features that we already get, without the
    >>>> bugs and bloat, on GNU/Linux.
    >>>>
    >>>> Some Linux advocate /he/ is. Pfft.
    >>>
    >>> You can tell by how he is constantly defending Micro$oft and
    >>> denigrating Linux and those who advocate it. 8)

    >
    > Where am I denigrating Linux? But, yes, I do defend MS against lies.
    >


    Why? Are they paying you for that?


    >>
    >> Naturally, as Quack said he's a long term windows user & programmer!

    >
    > And a Linux adopter. And Debian advocate. Are you really so stupid?
    > Oh. It's you Willy. You really are that stupid.



    You for got to say, "Please do TRY to [keep up | think | google before
    posting | stay honest | ...]".

    You did say, "stupid". Twice, even.

    I don't see "idiot" in there anywhere though. Or "drugs". Or "insane".

    Careful. Going off script can be dangerous.


  10. Re: Spanking "Owl" and laying other myths to rest : "Virtual Desktops" on Windows.

    Hadron wrote:

    > William Poaster writes:
    >
    >> On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 23:23:43 +0100, Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    >>
    >>> Tim Smith wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> In article ,
    >>>> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Hadron would have us use broken and fragile environments on an
    >>>>> overblown and bloated operating system to get features that we already
    >>>>> get, without the bugs and bloat, on GNU/Linux.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Some Linux advocate /he/ is. Pfft.
    >>>>
    >>>> He advocates the use of Debian.
    >>>
    >>> Nope. He *claims* to advocate the use of Debian. That does not mean that
    >>> he uses linux at all

    >
    > Don't be an idiot all your life Peter. Try and get out of that sad
    > bitter little corner you inhabit.
    >
    > Once more : I think Debian is a fantastic system.


    Good. Why not use it then?

    > I dropped Ubuntu because of the overly adventurous release schedule and
    > the fanboy community (read Willy Poaster etc). You have also claimed I do
    > not use Emacs for some reason. And I disproved your claims there too.


    First: You can't drop using something you never used in the first place. And
    I certainly don't believe any of your claims regarding using "linux"§, be
    it Ubuntu or Debian
    Second: You have never disproved anything about my claims. Hint: By
    repeating a lie it does not magically elevate to "proof"

    >
    >>
    >> Quack *claims* to use Linux, & advocate it. However all his advocacy has
    >> been for is M$, & Windows applications.

    >
    > Lie. And provable. I have frequently listed my favorite Linux
    > applications. I have frequently pointed out benefits in Debian.


    Certainly. So has flatfish repeatedly pointed out good things about SuSE.
    Does that make him a linux user?

    >
    >> In fact is was *so* noticeable in the Ubuntu group, he got to be known as
    >> a M$ fanboi by at least a dozen of the regular posters.

    >
    > No. By you and other similar Linux fan boys and morons who didnt like
    > being corrected or having your lies pointed out.


    You never pointed out any lies there. You simply repeated your bull**** run
    you do in cola, "true linux advocate", "kernel hacker", "emacs
    user", "swapfile expert", "X specialist", "CUPS guru", "USB-disk server
    admin", "defragger professional", "newsreader magician", "hardware
    maven", "time coordinator", "email sage" and "OSS culling committee
    chairman" Hadron Quark, aka Hans Schneider, aka Richard, aka Damian
    O'Leary, aka Steve Townsend, aka Ubuntu King


    --
    Microsoft: The company that made email dangerous
    And web browsing. And viewing pictures. And...


  11. Re: Spanking "Owl" and laying other myths to rest : "Virtual Desktops" on Windows.

    owl writes:

    > Tim Smith wrote:
    >> In article ,
    >> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >>> >>
    >>> >> Hadron would have us use broken and fragile environments on an
    >>> >> overblown and bloated operating system to get features that we
    >>> >> already get, without the bugs and bloat, on GNU/Linux.
    >>> >>
    >>> >> Some Linux advocate /he/ is. Pfft.
    >>> >
    >>> > He advocates the use of Debian. You think Debian is broken and
    >>> > fragile?? Overblown and bloated??
    >>>
    >>> Learn to read, Tim. Hadron was crowing about "VirtualWin" and the Microsoft
    >>> Virtual Desktop PowerToy, both of which are rather buggy (I have tried the
    >>> Microsoft toy myself), and how we should use them, and "enjoy" them.
    >>>
    >>> You would do better to rein in your haste to make a pithy sarcastic
    >>> pronouncement and instead pause, reread, and reflect, before coming up with
    >>> a boner like that one.
    >>>
    >>> Now, I personally give Hadron kudos for using Debian. It does not, however,
    >>> negate his jeering anti-Linux and anti-OSS attitude, which all to often
    >>> has, as its counterpoint, an artificial boosting of the Windows solution
    >>> as a clear preference, and throwing insults at posters who argue the
    >>> preference for Linux.

    >>
    >> He listed some virtual desktop solutions for Windows, apparently in
    >> answer to some posters who didn't think they were available. He did not
    >> say they were better than Linux solutions.
    >>

    >
    > Flakey multi-desktop solutions have been available for Windoze for years.
    > Hadron is not "educating" anyone by sharing his latest discovery. Yet he
    > feels the need to jump outside the thread of discussion and start this new
    > thread just to launch an ad-hominem attack against me and others.


    Aha. Now we know who you are. It was YOU claiming Windows did not
    provide VDs for your wonderful work process.

    So we will mark you down as another liar.

    >
    > The hypocrisy of his ignoring the flaws in these Windoze VD solutions and
    > promoting them as having equivalent functionality of X11 pagers, while
    > elsewhere denigrating OpenOffice as not being on par with MS Office, is
    > shameful. Worthy of a Professional Wintard.
    >
    > "Screen" indeed.


    Screen for things like DB admin and other server interactions is
    fine. if you know what you are doing.

    Which you clearly do not if you can not use the simple VD extensions for
    Windows.


  12. Re: Spanking "Owl" and laying other myths to rest : "Virtual Desktops" on Windows.

    owl writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >> William Poaster writes:
    >>
    >>> On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 15:40:01 -0600, chrisv wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> Hadron would have us use broken and fragile environments on an overblown and
    >>>>> bloated operating system to get features that we already get, without the
    >>>>> bugs and bloat, on GNU/Linux.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Some Linux advocate /he/ is. Pfft.
    >>>>
    >>>> You can tell by how he is constantly defending Micro$oft and
    >>>> denigrating Linux and those who advocate it. 8)

    >>
    >> Where am I denigrating Linux? But, yes, I do defend MS against lies.
    >>

    >
    > Why? Are they paying you for that?
    >


    No. I just dont like liars. It makes Linux look bad when people like you
    tell lies to better their position.

    Simple enough really.

    Let Linux get out there on its own merits.

    psycophantic fan boys like you and Willy Poaster saying "it all just
    works" do not improve things or impress anyone. If you were to get off
    your arse and contribute bug fixes etc then maybe you would be
    helping. As it is, advocating installing things which are not a
    replacement for Windows in corporate situations does Linux more harm
    than good.

    Try and understand that.

    Telling lies is no way to advocate linux. Concentrate on its strengths,
    not lying about its weaknesses.

  13. Re: Spanking "Owl" and laying other myths to rest : "Virtual Desktops" on Windows.

    Hadron wrote:

    > owl writes:
    >
    >> Tim Smith wrote:
    >>> In article ,
    >>> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >>>> >>
    >>>> >> Hadron would have us use broken and fragile environments on an
    >>>> >> overblown and bloated operating system to get features that we
    >>>> >> already get, without the bugs and bloat, on GNU/Linux.
    >>>> >>
    >>>> >> Some Linux advocate /he/ is. Pfft.
    >>>> >
    >>>> > He advocates the use of Debian. You think Debian is broken and
    >>>> > fragile?? Overblown and bloated??
    >>>>
    >>>> Learn to read, Tim. Hadron was crowing about "VirtualWin" and the
    >>>> Microsoft Virtual Desktop PowerToy, both of which are rather buggy (I
    >>>> have tried the Microsoft toy myself), and how we should use them, and
    >>>> "enjoy" them.
    >>>>
    >>>> You would do better to rein in your haste to make a pithy sarcastic
    >>>> pronouncement and instead pause, reread, and reflect, before coming up
    >>>> with a boner like that one.
    >>>>
    >>>> Now, I personally give Hadron kudos for using Debian. It does not,
    >>>> however, negate his jeering anti-Linux and anti-OSS attitude, which all
    >>>> to often has, as its counterpoint, an artificial boosting of the
    >>>> Windows solution as a clear preference, and throwing insults at posters
    >>>> who argue the preference for Linux.
    >>>
    >>> He listed some virtual desktop solutions for Windows, apparently in
    >>> answer to some posters who didn't think they were available. He did not
    >>> say they were better than Linux solutions.
    >>>

    >>
    >> Flakey multi-desktop solutions have been available for Windoze for years.
    >> Hadron is not "educating" anyone by sharing his latest discovery. Yet he
    >> feels the need to jump outside the thread of discussion and start this
    >> new thread just to launch an ad-hominem attack against me and others.

    >
    > Aha. Now we know who you are. It was YOU claiming Windows did not
    > provide VDs for your wonderful work process.
    >
    > So we will mark you down as another liar.


    It is just that those you suggested are ****ty and nowhere near the
    linux "equivalents". I can't do without VDs on linux, although I use a dual
    monitor setup.
    On windows I have to do without. The VDs I tried (yes, those you mentioned
    where among them) are unbelievable ****ty in comparison. I do better
    without such bull**** "solutions"

    And *that* marks him as a "liar"? You are off your meds too long again,
    Hadron Quark

    >> The hypocrisy of his ignoring the flaws in these Windoze VD solutions and
    >> promoting them as having equivalent functionality of X11 pagers, while
    >> elsewhere denigrating OpenOffice as not being on par with MS Office, is
    >> shameful. Worthy of a Professional Wintard.
    >>
    >> "Screen" indeed.

    >
    > Screen for things like DB admin and other server interactions is
    > fine. if you know what you are doing.
    >
    > Which you clearly do not if you can not use the simple VD extensions for
    > Windows.


    "simple VD extensions for windows" my ass. Unsuable ****e is the better
    wording
    --
    Don't steal. Microsoft hates competition.


  14. Re: Spanking "Owl" and laying other myths to rest : "Virtual Desktops" on Windows.

    On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 07:59:49 +0100, Peter Khlmann wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> William Poaster writes:
    >>
    >>> On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 23:23:43 +0100, Peter Khlmann wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Tim Smith wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> In article ,
    >>>>> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Hadron would have us use broken and fragile environments on an
    >>>>>> overblown and bloated operating system to get features that we
    >>>>>> already get, without the bugs and bloat, on GNU/Linux.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Some Linux advocate /he/ is. Pfft.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> He advocates the use of Debian.
    >>>>
    >>>> Nope. He *claims* to advocate the use of Debian. That does not mean
    >>>> that he uses linux at all

    >>
    >> Don't be an idiot all your life Peter. Try and get out of that sad
    >> bitter little corner you inhabit.
    >>
    >> Once more : I think Debian is a fantastic system.

    >
    > Good. Why not use it then?
    >
    >> I dropped Ubuntu because of the overly adventurous release schedule and
    >> the fanboy community (read Willy Poaster etc). You have also claimed I
    >> do not use Emacs for some reason. And I disproved your claims there too.

    >
    > First: You can't drop using something you never used in the first place.
    > And I certainly don't believe any of your claims regarding using
    > "linux", be it Ubuntu or Debian
    > Second: You have never disproved anything about my claims. Hint: By
    > repeating a lie it does not magically elevate to "proof"


    Thirdly: "overly adventurous release schedule" which Quack didn't have to
    follow had he used the Ubuntu LTS distribution which has *security & other
    updates for at least five years*. So that was bull**** too.

    Forthly: "fanboy community", well as this is a *Linux advocacy* group &
    (by Quack's "reasoning") there are a lot of "Linux fanbois" in here, it
    hasn't chased Quack away, has it. So more bull**** from the troll.

    No, the *real* reason was they found him out to be (what I said above), "a
    M$ fanboi", an "arrogant arsehole", "whines & moans about Linux", & some
    called him the "self proclaimed newsgroup king".
    This was from a dozen or more *regular* posters in aolu.
    In other words, the same characteristics displayed the troll displays
    here.

    >>> Quack *claims* to use Linux, & advocate it. However all his advocacy
    >>> has been for is M$, & Windows applications.

    >>
    >> Lie. And provable. I have frequently listed my favorite Linux
    >> applications. I have frequently pointed out benefits in Debian.

    >
    > Certainly. So has flatfish repeatedly pointed out good things about SuSE.
    > Does that make him a linux user?
    >
    >
    >>> In fact is was *so* noticeable in the Ubuntu group, he got to be known
    >>> as a M$ fanboi by at least a dozen of the regular posters.

    >>
    >> No. By you and other similar Linux fan boys and morons who didnt like
    >> being corrected or having your lies pointed out.

    >
    > You never pointed out any lies there. You simply repeated your bull****
    > run you do in cola, "true linux advocate", "kernel hacker", "emacs user",
    > "swapfile expert", "X specialist", "CUPS guru", "USB-disk server admin",
    > "defragger professional", "newsreader magician", "hardware maven", "time
    > coordinator", "email sage" and "OSS culling committee chairman" Hadron
    > Quark, aka Hans Schneider, aka Richard, aka Damian O'Leary, aka Steve
    > Townsend, aka Ubuntu King


    --
    Most people are sheep. *
    Microsoft is very effective
    at fleecing the flockers.



  15. Re: Spanking "Owl" and laying other myths to rest : "Virtual Desktops" on Windows.

    William Poaster writes:

    > On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 07:59:49 +0100, Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >>> William Poaster writes:
    >>>
    >>>> On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 23:23:43 +0100, Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> Tim Smith wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> In article ,
    >>>>>> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Hadron would have us use broken and fragile environments on an
    >>>>>>> overblown and bloated operating system to get features that we
    >>>>>>> already get, without the bugs and bloat, on GNU/Linux.
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Some Linux advocate /he/ is. Pfft.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> He advocates the use of Debian.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Nope. He *claims* to advocate the use of Debian. That does not mean
    >>>>> that he uses linux at all
    >>>
    >>> Don't be an idiot all your life Peter. Try and get out of that sad
    >>> bitter little corner you inhabit.
    >>>
    >>> Once more : I think Debian is a fantastic system.

    >>
    >> Good. Why not use it then?
    >>
    >>> I dropped Ubuntu because of the overly adventurous release schedule and
    >>> the fanboy community (read Willy Poaster etc). You have also claimed I
    >>> do not use Emacs for some reason. And I disproved your claims there too.

    >>
    >> First: You can't drop using something you never used in the first
    >> place.


    Nonsense and you know it.

    >> And I certainly don't believe any of your claims regarding using
    >> "linux"§, be it Ubuntu or Debian


    Even though I posted links.

    >> Second: You have never disproved anything about my claims. Hint: By
    >> repeating a lie it does not magically elevate to "proof"


    Yes I have. More than once.

    >
    > Thirdly: "overly adventurous release schedule" which Quack didn't have to
    > follow had he used the Ubuntu LTS distribution which has *security & other
    > updates for at least five years*. So that was bull**** too.


    It was PART of the reason. Ubunti LTS was not cutting enough for new HW
    and their releases were getting buggier. But I invest in NEW HW. You do
    not.

    >
    > Forthly: "fanboy community", well as this is a *Linux advocacy* group &
    > (by Quack's "reasoning") there are a lot of "Linux fanbois" in here, it
    > hasn't chased Quack away, has it. So more bull**** from the troll.


    Yawn. More lies.

    >
    > No, the *real* reason was they found him out to be (what I said above), "a
    > M$ fanboi", an "arrogant arsehole", "whines & moans about Linux", & some
    > called him the "self proclaimed newsgroup king".
    > This was from a dozen or more *regular* posters in aolu.
    > In other words, the same characteristics displayed the troll displays
    > here.


    Yes. No doubt. To fools and fanbois.

    >
    >>>> Quack *claims* to use Linux, & advocate it. However all his advocacy
    >>>> has been for is M$, & Windows applications.
    >>>
    >>> Lie. And provable. I have frequently listed my favorite Linux
    >>> applications. I have frequently pointed out benefits in Debian.

    >>
    >> Certainly. So has flatfish repeatedly pointed out good things about SuSE.
    >> Does that make him a linux user?


    Probably.

    >>
    >>
    >>>> In fact is was *so* noticeable in the Ubuntu group, he got to be known
    >>>> as a M$ fanboi by at least a dozen of the regular posters.
    >>>
    >>> No. By you and other similar Linux fan boys and morons who didnt like
    >>> being corrected or having your lies pointed out.

    >>
    >> You never pointed out any lies there. You simply repeated your bull****
    >> run you do in cola, "true linux advocate", "kernel hacker", "emacs user",
    >> "swapfile expert", "X specialist", "CUPS guru", "USB-disk server admin",
    >> "defragger professional", "newsreader magician", "hardware maven", "time
    >> coordinator", "email sage" and "OSS culling committee chairman" Hadron
    >> Quark, aka Hans Schneider, aka Richard, aka Damian O'Leary, aka Steve
    >> Townsend, aka Ubuntu King


    You are a very sad, bitter little man. You live your life hating people
    and doubting them. Despite oodles of evidence to the contrary you refuse
    to see the faults in Linux in addition to the good things. But being a
    closed source Windows programmer one has to wonder if you really use
    Linux or just masturbate vigorously at the thought that one day you
    might have the know how and savvy to install and use Linux yourself.

  16. Re: Spanking "Owl" and laying other myths to rest : "Virtual Desktops" on Windows.

    Hadron wrote:

    > William Poaster writes:
    >
    >> On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 07:59:49 +0100, Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hadron wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> William Poaster writes:
    >>>>
    >>>>> On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 23:23:43 +0100, Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> Tim Smith wrote:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>> In article ,
    >>>>>>> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> Hadron would have us use broken and fragile environments on an
    >>>>>>>> overblown and bloated operating system to get features that we
    >>>>>>>> already get, without the bugs and bloat, on GNU/Linux.
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> Some Linux advocate /he/ is. Pfft.
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> He advocates the use of Debian.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Nope. He *claims* to advocate the use of Debian. That does not mean
    >>>>>> that he uses linux at all
    >>>>
    >>>> Don't be an idiot all your life Peter. Try and get out of that sad
    >>>> bitter little corner you inhabit.
    >>>>
    >>>> Once more : I think Debian is a fantastic system.
    >>>
    >>> Good. Why not use it then?
    >>>
    >>>> I dropped Ubuntu because of the overly adventurous release schedule and
    >>>> the fanboy community (read Willy Poaster etc). You have also claimed I
    >>>> do not use Emacs for some reason. And I disproved your claims there
    >>>> too.
    >>>
    >>> First: You can't drop using something you never used in the first
    >>> place.

    >
    > Nonsense and you know it.


    Nope. *Nothin* you posted so far indicates that you have *ever* used linux,
    apart from the test-install in a VM on your beloved Win-XP

    >>> And I certainly don't believe any of your claims regarding using
    >>> "linux"§, be it Ubuntu or Debian

    >
    > Even though I posted links.


    You don't post links. You claim, and when called on it you tell some
    bull**** of "not providing links to..." for whatever idiotic reason

    >>> Second: You have never disproved anything about my claims. Hint: By
    >>> repeating a lie it does not magically elevate to "proof"

    >
    > Yes I have. More than once.


    No. Simply repeating your claim that you "proved something" is just that:
    Repeating that claim. It does not prove anything

    >>
    >> Thirdly: "overly adventurous release schedule" which Quack didn't have to
    >> follow had he used the Ubuntu LTS distribution which has *security &
    >> other
    >> updates for at least five years*. So that was bull**** too.

    >
    > It was PART of the reason.


    Hear that screeching sound of those goalposts?

    > Ubunti LTS was not cutting enough for new HW
    > and their releases were getting buggier. But I invest in NEW HW. You do
    > not.


    Oh, and you know that from which divine "credible source" exactly?

    >>
    >> Forthly: "fanboy community", well as this is a *Linux advocacy* group &
    >> (by Quack's "reasoning") there are a lot of "Linux fanbois" in here, it
    >> hasn't chased Quack away, has it. So more bull**** from the troll.

    >
    > Yawn. More lies.


    Well, if you left the ubuntu group because of the "fanbois" (your claim),
    you must feel even worse in cola. Yet you keep pesting this group with your
    inane drivel and constant bull****

    >>
    >> No, the *real* reason was they found him out to be (what I said above),
    >> "a M$ fanboi", an "arrogant arsehole", "whines & moans about Linux", &
    >> some called him the "self proclaimed newsgroup king".
    >> This was from a dozen or more *regular* posters in aolu.
    >> In other words, the same characteristics displayed the troll displays
    >> here.

    >
    > Yes. No doubt. To fools and fanbois.


    So all those posters in the ubuntu group recognizing your trolling, lying
    and constant insults where "fools and fanbois". Certainly, Hadron Quark,
    certainly

    >>
    >>>>> Quack *claims* to use Linux, & advocate it. However all his advocacy
    >>>>> has been for is M$, & Windows applications.
    >>>>
    >>>> Lie. And provable. I have frequently listed my favorite Linux
    >>>> applications. I have frequently pointed out benefits in Debian.
    >>>
    >>> Certainly. So has flatfish repeatedly pointed out good things about
    >>> SuSE. Does that make him a linux user?

    >
    > Probably.


    See? You are on idiot. Flatfish was never a linux user. He is one of the
    worst assholes this world has ever seen. He is a racist. He is a liar. And
    he is a thief. In other words, a perfect example of a bog standard windows
    user

    >>>
    >>>
    >>>>> In fact is was *so* noticeable in the Ubuntu group, he got to be known
    >>>>> as a M$ fanboi by at least a dozen of the regular posters.
    >>>>
    >>>> No. By you and other similar Linux fan boys and morons who didnt like
    >>>> being corrected or having your lies pointed out.
    >>>
    >>> You never pointed out any lies there. You simply repeated your bull****
    >>> run you do in cola, "true linux advocate", "kernel hacker", "emacs
    >>> user", "swapfile expert", "X specialist", "CUPS guru", "USB-disk server
    >>> admin", "defragger professional", "newsreader magician", "hardware
    >>> maven", "time
    >>> coordinator", "email sage" and "OSS culling committee chairman" Hadron
    >>> Quark, aka Hans Schneider, aka Richard, aka Damian O'Leary, aka Steve
    >>> Townsend, aka Ubuntu King

    >
    > You are a very sad, bitter little man.


    No. I simply point to your incompetence, your lies and your nymshifting
    attempts

    > You live your life hating people and doubting them.


    There is no doubt that you are a lying windows troll.

    > Despite oodles of evidence to the contrary you refuse
    > to see the faults in Linux


    I see the faults. And can live with them without problems, because they are
    much smaller faults than any windows OS would provide

    > in addition to the good things. But being a
    > closed source Windows programmer one has to wonder if you really use
    > Linux or just masturbate vigorously at the thought that one day you
    > might have the know how and savvy to install and use Linux yourself.


    Idiot
    --
    The two most common things in the universe are hydrogen and
    stupidity


  17. Re: Spanking "Owl" and laying other myths to rest : "VirtualDesktops" on Windows.

    On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 01:16:22 +0000, owl wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >> Terry Porter writes:


    >>> The Windows one desktop restriction, is the prison they live in, kind
    >>> of like a no-tabbed Internet Exploder.

    >>
    >> There is no such restriction you ****ing idiot.
    >>
    >>

    > Last time I checked, a Windoze install did not give an option to enable
    > multiple desktops. Just as well, I guess. One less reboot required.




    Nice Ha-drongo spanking Owl.

    I have the moron killfiled so I don't see his infantile gibberings. This
    turkey is probably the dumbest Wintroll I have *ever* seen on COLA.

    --
    If we wish to reduce our ignorance, there are people we will
    indeed listen to. Trolls are not among those people, as trolls, more or
    less by definition, *promote* ignorance.
    Kelsey Bjarnason, C.O.L.A. 2008

  18. Re: Spanking "Owl" and laying other myths to rest : "Virtual Desktops" on Windows.

    On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 13:10:00 +0100, Peter Khlmann wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> William Poaster writes:
    >>
    >>> On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 07:59:49 +0100, Peter Khlmann wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Hadron wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> William Poaster writes:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 23:23:43 +0100, Peter Khlmann wrote:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Tim Smith wrote:
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> In article ,
    >>>>>>>> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>> Hadron would have us use broken and fragile environments on an
    >>>>>>>>> overblown and bloated operating system to get features that we
    >>>>>>>>> already get, without the bugs and bloat, on GNU/Linux.
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>> Some Linux advocate /he/ is. Pfft.
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> He advocates the use of Debian.
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Nope. He *claims* to advocate the use of Debian. That does not mean
    >>>>>>> that he uses linux at all
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Don't be an idiot all your life Peter. Try and get out of that sad
    >>>>> bitter little corner you inhabit.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Once more : I think Debian is a fantastic system.
    >>>>
    >>>> Good. Why not use it then?
    >>>>
    >>>>> I dropped Ubuntu because of the overly adventurous release schedule
    >>>>> and the fanboy community (read Willy Poaster etc). You have also
    >>>>> claimed I do not use Emacs for some reason. And I disproved your
    >>>>> claims there too.
    >>>>
    >>>> First: You can't drop using something you never used in the first
    >>>> place.

    >>
    >> Nonsense and you know it.

    >
    > Nope. *Nothin* you posted so far indicates that you have *ever* used
    > linux, apart from the test-install in a VM on your beloved Win-XP
    >
    >>>> And I certainly don't believe any of your claims regarding using
    >>>> "linux", be it Ubuntu or Debian

    >>
    >> Even though I posted links.

    >
    > You don't post links. You claim, and when called on it you tell some
    > bull**** of "not providing links to..." for whatever idiotic reason
    >
    >>>> Second: You have never disproved anything about my claims. Hint: By
    >>>> repeating a lie it does not magically elevate to "proof"

    >>
    >> Yes I have. More than once.

    >
    > No. Simply repeating your claim that you "proved something" is just that:
    > Repeating that claim. It does not prove anything
    >
    >
    >>> Thirdly: "overly adventurous release schedule" which Quack didn't have
    >>> to follow had he used the Ubuntu LTS distribution which has *security &
    >>> other
    >>> updates for at least five years*. So that was bull**** too.

    >>
    >> It was PART of the reason.

    >
    > Hear that screeching sound of those goalposts?
    >
    >> Ubunti LTS was not cutting enough for new HW and their releases were
    >> getting buggier. But I invest in NEW HW. You do not.

    >
    > Oh, and you know that from which divine "credible source" exactly?


    And *what*, pray tell, makes the troll "think" I don't invest in new
    hardware? He's wrong, of course, as I've upgraded my other machines
    one-by-one to 64bit & installed new SATA drives.
    Quack wrong *again*, but what else is new.

    >>> Forthly: "fanboy community", well as this is a *Linux advocacy* group &
    >>> (by Quack's "reasoning") there are a lot of "Linux fanbois" in here, it
    >>> hasn't chased Quack away, has it. So more bull**** from the troll.

    >>
    >> Yawn. More lies.

    >
    > Well, if you left the ubuntu group because of the "fanbois" (your claim),
    > you must feel even worse in cola. Yet you keep pesting this group with
    > your inane drivel and constant bull****


    Q.E.D.

    >>> No, the *real* reason was they found him out to be (what I said above),
    >>> "a M$ fanboi", an "arrogant arsehole", "whines & moans about Linux", &
    >>> some called him the "self proclaimed newsgroup king". This was from a
    >>> dozen or more *regular* posters in aolu. In other words, the same
    >>> characteristics displayed the troll displays here.

    >>
    >> Yes. No doubt. To fools and fanbois.

    >
    > So all those posters in the ubuntu group recognizing your trolling, lying
    > and constant insults where "fools and fanbois". Certainly, Hadron Quark,
    > certainly


    That would be the majority of the regular posters in the group then.

    >>>>>> Quack *claims* to use Linux, & advocate it. However all his advocacy
    >>>>>> has been for is M$, & Windows applications.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Lie. And provable. I have frequently listed my favorite Linux
    >>>>> applications. I have frequently pointed out benefits in Debian.
    >>>>
    >>>> Certainly. So has flatfish repeatedly pointed out good things about
    >>>> SuSE. Does that make him a linux user?

    >>
    >> Probably.

    >
    > See? You are on idiot. Flatfish was never a linux user. He is one of the
    > worst assholes this world has ever seen. He is a racist. He is a liar. And
    > he is a thief. In other words, a perfect example of a bog standard windows
    > user
    >
    >
    >>>>
    >>>>>> In fact is was *so* noticeable in the Ubuntu group, he got to be
    >>>>>> known as a M$ fanboi by at least a dozen of the regular posters.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> No. By you and other similar Linux fan boys and morons who didnt like
    >>>>> being corrected or having your lies pointed out.
    >>>>
    >>>> You never pointed out any lies there. You simply repeated your
    >>>> bull**** run you do in cola, "true linux advocate", "kernel hacker",
    >>>> "emacs user", "swapfile expert", "X specialist", "CUPS guru",
    >>>> "USB-disk server admin", "defragger professional", "newsreader
    >>>> magician", "hardware maven", "time
    >>>> coordinator", "email sage" and "OSS culling committee chairman"
    >>>> Hadron Quark, aka Hans Schneider, aka Richard, aka Damian O'Leary, aka
    >>>> Steve Townsend, aka Ubuntu King

    >>
    >> You are a very sad, bitter little man.

    >
    > No. I simply point to your incompetence, your lies and your nymshifting
    > attempts
    >
    >> You live your life hating people and doubting them.

    >
    > There is no doubt that you are a lying windows troll.


    No doubt at all.

    >> Despite oodles of evidence to the contrary you refuse to see the faults
    >> in Linux

    >
    > I see the faults. And can live with them without problems, because they
    > are much smaller faults than any windows OS would provide
    >
    >> in addition to the good things. But being a closed source Windows
    >> programmer one has to wonder if you really use Linux or just masturbate
    >> vigorously at the thought that one day you might have the know how and
    >> savvy to install and use Linux yourself.

    >
    > Idiot


    Coming from Quack, "a long term Windows user & programmer" (his words),
    that's a hoot!

    --
    Most people are sheep. *
    Microsoft is very effective
    at fleecing the flockers.



  19. Re: Spanking "Owl" and laying other myths to rest : "Virtual Desktops" on Windows.

    On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 06:23:34 -0600, Terry Porter wrote:

    > On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 01:16:22 +0000, owl wrote:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>> Terry Porter writes:

    >
    >>>> The Windows one desktop restriction, is the prison they live in, kind
    >>>> of like a no-tabbed Internet Exploder.
    >>>
    >>> There is no such restriction you ****ing idiot.
    >>>
    >>>

    >> Last time I checked, a Windoze install did not give an option to enable
    >> multiple desktops. Just as well, I guess. One less reboot required.

    >
    >
    >
    > Nice Ha-drongo spanking Owl.
    >
    > I have the moron killfiled so I don't see his infantile gibberings. This
    > turkey is probably the dumbest Wintroll I have *ever* seen on COLA.


    Perhaps in Usenet? Quack's inane drivel has been seen in other groups.
    A brief history:
    When Hardon Quack started posting in COLA,he claimed to have used linux
    for 2 years (which certainly is an outright lie, since he didn't started
    posting to *any linux groups* until April 14, 2006). He started in the
    same asshole mode we have come to know in COLA, & by posters in a.o.lu.

    Later, followed posts to the emacs group (Nov 2006), then Quack
    harrassed the SuSE group with inane drivel. Much later he appeared on the Ubuntu
    group with reports of how *installing (rather simple) things* failed for
    him.

    Quack appeared in COLA in 2006 claiming all kinds of difficulties
    in installing Ubuntu (most of which had a flatfish stink to
    it: i.e Googled difficulties).
    And all of a sudden he declared himself a linux pro, being more versed than
    the long time users. And still having all kinds of problems, naturally.

    And FFS don't mention anything if you have a degree or qualification. He
    hates people who have!

    --
    Most people are sheep. *
    Microsoft is very effective
    at fleecing the flockers.



  20. Re: Spanking "Owl" and laying other myths to rest : "Virtual Desktops" on Windows.

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Tim Smith belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > In article ,
    > Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >> >>
    >> > He advocates the use of Debian. You think Debian is broken and
    >> > fragile?? Overblown and bloated??

    >>
    >> Learn to read, Tim. Hadron was crowing about "VirtualWin" and the Microsoft
    >> Virtual Desktop PowerToy, both of which are rather buggy (I have tried the
    >> Microsoft toy myself), and how we should use them, and "enjoy" them.

    >
    > He listed some virtual desktop solutions for Windows, apparently in
    > answer to some posters who didn't think they were available. He did not
    > say they were better than Linux solutions.


    You are correct. He did not. He merely said "Enjoy". Demonstrating that
    he has not only not used any of the "solutions" he posted, but not even
    attempted to determine what others thought of them.

    You said:

    >> > He advocates the use of Debian. You think Debian is broken and
    >> > fragile?? Overblown and bloated??


    A fine demonstration of being out in left field that you /still/ do not
    acknowledge.

    I hope you do not continue on this course toward being a protg of the
    dubious and confabulating Mr. Hadron.

    --
    I'll be comfortable on the couch. Famous last words.
    -- Lenny Bruce

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast