XP: slow to install and boot - Linux

This is a discussion on XP: slow to install and boot - Linux ; "I installed Windows XP on this hard drive in about 10 minutes. From the time I hit the power button on my computer to the time I have to hit ctrl alt del to log in(I have a domain at ...

  1. XP: slow to install and boot

    "I installed Windows XP on this hard drive in about 10 minutes. From the
    time I hit the power button on my computer to the time I have to hit ctrl
    alt del to log in(I have a domain at home) it takes 10 seconds."

    RPGMan at
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...ywords)&Page=2

    Microsoft is doomed

  2. Re: XP: slow to install and boot

    "DFS" writes:

    > "I installed Windows XP on this hard drive in about 10 minutes. From the
    > time I hit the power button on my computer to the time I have to hit ctrl
    > alt del to log in(I have a domain at home) it takes 10 seconds."
    >
    > RPGMan at
    > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...ywords)&Page=2
    >

    > Microsoft is doomed

    Love the link.

    Love the inability to understand what MTBF means:

    "Reliability Pro: 2,000,000 MTBF means these drives will last 228.31
    years. Yes, that is correct."

    err, no it isn't.

    Look up "MEAN" in the context.

    Also the defragging is up for questioning.

+ Reply to Thread