[News] [Rival] Technologizer 'Loaned' $2,000 (Indefinitely) to Praise Vista 7 - Linux

  1. [News] [Rival] Technologizer 'Loaned' $2,000 (Indefinitely) to Praise Vista 7

    Windows 7 First Impressions: Hey, This Looks Pretty Good!

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | A few disclosures about the discussion of specific Windows 7 features that
    | follows: So far, I’ve used Windows 7 for only a few hours, and only in
    | preinstalled form on a Dell laptop loaned to me by Microsoft. The version of
    | the OS on that machine is missing some of W7’s most interesting features. (I
    | created some of the images in this story, and others were provided to the
    | press by Microsoft.) These are first impressions, not a formal review of a
    | product that’s anywhere near finished.
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | But for what it’s worth, W7 loads quickly and feels pretty darn zippy on the
    | Dell notebook Microsoft loaned me, which is unencumbered by third-party
    | adware and junkware.
    `----

    http://technologizer.com/2008/10/28/windows7/

    Recent:

    Microsoft bribes again?

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | But, if as appears may be the case Microsoft is letting people have Dell XPS
    | M1330 laptops with 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo processors and 3GBs of RAM
    | on 'indefinite loans (wink, wink) then it's a bribe in my book. What do you
    | think? If you knew someone had been given a PC with a list price of $1,956
    | and then wrote nice things about the operating system that came with it would
    | you be inclined to think that they might be just a wee bit influenced by the
    | almost two grand worth of computer?
    `----

    http://blogs.computerworld.com/microsoft_bribes_again

    Blacklisted by Microsoft!

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Basically, they blacklisted me from certain super-secret (i.e.
    | pre-conference, NDA, off-the books) sessions at their Professional Developer
    | Conference (PDC) –- this after formally inviting me to attend those sessions
    | as an "esteemed reviewer" representing InfoWorld.
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | Oct. 9, 2008 -- A short while later, I get my first hit. It seems that the
    | whole mess started when the Windows Server team made the mistake of inviting
    | yours truly to an event hosted by the Windows Client team. Apparently, the
    | folks on the Server team were unaware of my decidedly negative views towards
    | Vista, and when the Client folks found out they had invited Randall C.
    | Kennedy -– a.k.a. Vista's most vocal and effective critic -– to their
    | special, "for fanbois only" (nice photos, Paul) shindig, they went ballistic.
    |
    | First, it appears that someone high up on the Client Team (Steve?) really
    | doesn't like me. I mean, really, truly loathes me. And it's not just your
    | run-of-the-mill frustration with a journalist who picks on them. This thing
    | is personal, and the executive in question is allowing his or her personal
    | feelings to spill over into the company's handling of formal press relations
    | with InfoWorld.
    `----

    http://weblog.infoworld.com/enterpri...listed_by.html

    Related:

    PC Mag May Boycott Edelman PR

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Transparency is a word that's been kicked around a lot lately. But
    | too much transparency is what got Edelman PR pro and blogebrity
    | Steve Rubel kicked around this week, instead. An early Friday
    | 13th comment about PC Magazine is fueling a potential boycott,
    | as well as fulfilling what the PR world had feared about blogging.
    `----

    http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/20...ott-edelman-pr

    Bribing Bloggers

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | It's a bribe. Period. You say nice things about us, you get nice
    | things from us. Heck, just say neutral things about us-we'll give
    | you a killer new laptop and we know that you'll be inclined to say
    | better things about us.
    `----

    http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759...129TX1K0000616

    Microsoft Sent A Free Laptop With Windows Vista

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | I'm not sure how I was selected to be one of the people receiving this
    | (I'm assuming there are others, but I haven't come across any yet).
    | It could be that they are reaching out to bloggers who are Mac users
    | (I switched to a Mac back when OS X came out) or it might just be that
    | people I know who work for Microsoft or other influential bloggers
    | recommended me
    `----

    http://laughingsquid.com/microsoft-s...windows-vista/

    Microsoft Traps and Hunts for Bloggers in India !!

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Microsoft has announced the "Microsoft BlogStars" contest, to Hunts
    | for Developer Bloggers in India. After feeling the power and increase of
    | the Bloggers community in India, Microsoft tries to trap and hunt Bloggers
    | in India to buildup the blogging community, for writing blog posts
    | supporting towards Microsoft Technologies.
    `----

    http://i5bala.blogspot.com/2006/10/m...-bloggers.html

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] Technologizer 'Loaned' $2,000 (Indefinitely) to Praise Vista 7

    this bit o' wisdom:

    > Windows 7 First Impressions: Hey, This Looks Pretty Good!
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| But for what it?s worth, W7 loads quickly and feels pretty darn zippy on the
    >| Dell notebook Microsoft loaned me, which is unencumbered by third-party
    >| adware and junkware.
    > `----
    >
    > http://technologizer.com/2008/10/28/windows7/

    Heh heh.

    --
    The bone-chilling scream split the warm summer night in two, the first
    half being before the scream when it was fairly balmy and calm and

+ Reply to Thread