Intrepid Ibex aka Ubuntu 8.10

,----[ Quote ]
| The wireless worked first try once I entered the correct WEP key. We’ll see
| how it does at work Monday with a WPA2 network. The new system tray icon for
| networks is very cool and easy to use.
`----

http://antonolsen.com/2008/11/08/int...ka-ubuntu-810/

Ubuntu 8.10: Success!

,----[ Quote ]
| All done now, though, and I believe 8.10 is noticably snappier than 8.04.
| Biggest difference I’ve noticed is in the file browser, particularly in
| folders with heavy graphics content.
`----

http://ricketyclick.com/blog/index.p...u-810-success/

Taking a Break with Ubuntu 8.1

,----[ Quote ]
| Performance is really good. The system is very snappy even with a lot of
| windows open and stuff going on, installs, updates, etc.. I didn’t do any
| real tests (I’ll leave that to others), but anecdotally, the system is as
| fast as my WinXP laptop. My XP machine is a T61p - a significantly better
machine.
`----

http://tarnaeluin.wordpress.com/2008...ith-ubuntu-81/

Recent:

Intrepid Ibex lays claim to the Black Tower

,----[ Quote ]
| After about a week of heavy use, I find I’m liking Ubuntu 8.10 — with its
| GNOME 2.24 desktop environment and X.Org 7.4 X Window System — more and more
| with each passing day.
|
| At this point I can safely say Ubuntu 8.10 is the best-performing Linux
| distribution I’ve ever used — from the perspective of functionality,
| usability, and aesthetics. And, much to my surprise, I’m really liking GNOME!
`----

http://www.deviceguru.com/intrepid-i...e-black-tower/

Ubuntu 8.10 - All Hail new Network Manager

,----[ Quote ]
| Canonical, the developers behind Ubuntu Linux have release Intrepid Ibex, the
| successor to last spring's Hardy Heron release. Ibex isn't a long-term
| support release - which might put off some large organizations - but for
| Ubuntu desktop fans, version 8.10 makes a worthwhile upgrade.
|
| [...]
|
| The slew of upgraded apps and packages always makes new releases tempting,
| but for us it was NetworkManager and GNOME's tabbed browser windows that
| sealed the deal.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/11...ot_one_review/

Ubuntu : Media reviews of Ubuntu 8.10

,----[ Quote ]
| So far reviews from Heise Online- and screenshot collections from
| builder.au - and more reviews from webmonkey, Linuxformat, CRN.com,
| Polishlinux, Lifehacker, ITWire, LinuxJournal TheRegister and WorksWithU
`----

http://ubuntu-news.net/modules/news/...p?storyid=5405

Ubuntu : What the bloggers think of Ubuntu 8.10

,----[ Quote ]
| I gave up getting all the bloggers commenting and reviewing Ubuntu, so here's
| different opinions from quite a lot of them of them....I stopped counting how
| many I have in this list...[updated daily]
`----

http://ubuntu-news.net/modules/news/...p?storyid=5404

Ubuntu 8.10 Shows Linux OS Is Now Mature, Preludes Mobile Platform

,----[ Quote ]
| Canonical released Ubuntu 8.10 (or Intrepid Ibex to stick to its project
| codename) and it is not hard to see that the leading Linux distribution is
| now evolving into a fully fledged contender to MacOSX and Windows Vista.
|
| The new version of the OS - build using v2.6.27 of the Linux Kernel and Gnome
| 2.24 - can be freely downloaded from dozens of file servers worldwide and is
| a major milestone both for the client and desktop versions.
`----

http://security.itproportal.com/arti...bile-platform/

Ubuntu Linux 8.10’s five best features

,----[ Quote ]
| I’ve been running Ubuntu 8.10, aka “Intrepid Ibex,” on a Gateway GT5622. This
| PC uses a 1.80GHz Intel Pentium Dual-Core E2160 processor. It has 3GB of RAM,
| a 400GB SATA II hard drive and a DVD R/W drive. For graphics, it uses the
| Intel GMA (Graphics Media Accelerator) 950, which was set to pull 224MB of
| RAM from main memory to use as shared video memory.
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/ubunt..._best_features

Canonical's Ubuntu 8.10 server enhances virtualization

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://searchenterpriselinux.techtar...ml?track=sy184