What package should I install to see man pages for C library? - Linux

This is a discussion on What package should I install to see man pages for C library? - Linux ; Hi, everyone What package should I install to read C library manual using man? I installed glibc-doc and glibc-doc-reference-2.3.6-1.all.deb but I cannot see man page for C libray such as "fprintf". When I do "man fprintf", "No manual entry for ...

  1. What package should I install to see man pages for C library?

    Hi, everyone

    What package should I install to read C library manual using man?
    I installed glibc-doc and glibc-doc-reference-2.3.6-1.all.deb but I
    cannot see man page for C libray such as "fprintf".
    When I do "man fprintf", "No manual entry for fprintf" message is found.
    Please let me know what package I should install.

    Thanks in advance.

    Regards,
    J.H.Kim

  2. Re: What package should I install to see man pages for C library?

    "J.H.Kim" writes:

    > Hi, everyone
    >
    > What package should I install to read C library manual using man?
    > I installed glibc-doc and glibc-doc-reference-2.3.6-1.all.deb but I
    > cannot see man page for C libray such as "fprintf".
    > When I do "man fprintf", "No manual entry for fprintf" message is found.
    > Please let me know what package I should install.

    manpages-dev

    glibc-doc has a different manual; view it with `info libc'. IMHO the
    glibc manual is more helpful for understanding concepts, while the man
    pages are more useful for quick reference.

+ Reply to Thread