How to compromise other peoples machines. - Linux

This is a discussion on How to compromise other peoples machines. - Linux ; Hire this guy! ,---- | http://groups.google.com/group/comp....36d7902b331d3d | | ========= | From: *snip* | Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy | Message-ID: | | Ok ok I've added the odd program for her, all from my PC via telnet | , but she doesnt know ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

  1. How to compromise other peoples machines.

    Hire this guy!

    ,----
    | http://groups.google.com/group/comp....36d7902b331d3d
    |
    | =========
    | From: *snip*
    | Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
    | Ok ok I've added the odd program for her, all from my PC via telnet
    | , but she doesnt know I'm doing it and just keeps right on using
    | her PC.
    | =========
    |
    | From: *snip*
    | Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
    | I charge friends $100 to install Linux and the apps they want, after
    | that I admin it for a few months, remotely, then they are on their own.
    | =========
    `----

    I realised from post #1 that this guy is a legend in his own lunchtime
    but this guy really used telnet to administer people's home machines? My
    god. There is generally more private info on the home machines than work
    machines. Incompetence at its very worst.

    I HOPE the above quotes are not true. If they are, then one really
    should not listen to anything this man says. A self declared network
    genius and iptables master who goes on to use Telnet , TELNET!!!!, to
    access peoples machines **** without their knowledge **** I wonder what
    else he poked around in without the owners consent or knowledge?

    Someone tell me this is not true. Surely not even this "Wintroll
    Fighter" would use Telnet to administer someones machine across the
    'net?

  2. Re: How to compromise other peoples machines.

    On Nov 9, 11:06*am, Hadron wrote:

    > | =========
    > |
    > | From: *snip*
    > | Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
    > | I charge friends $100 to install Linux and the apps they want, after
    > | that I admin it for a few months, remotely, then they are on their own.
    > | =========
    > `----

    I've installed Linux for a few friends and family who want it for FREE
    with FREE support for LIFE. Some friend Terry is. Does he charge his
    friends when he helps them hang drywall or install a new sink? And
    they call me a troll...

  3. Re: How to compromise other peoples machines.

    cc writes:

    > On Nov 9, 11:06┬*am, Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >> | =========
    >> |
    >> | From: *snip*
    >> | Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
    >> | I charge friends $100 to install Linux and the apps they want, after
    >> | that I admin it for a few months, remotely, then they are on their own.
    >> | =========
    >> `----

    > I've installed Linux for a few friends and family who want it for FREE
    > with FREE support for LIFE. Some friend Terry is. Does he charge his
    > friends when he helps them hang drywall or install a new sink? And
    > they call me a troll...

    It seems abundantly clear to me that Mr Porter is only interested in
    Linux because its *free* and therefore he can maximise his income by
    fleecing unsuspecting relatives and friends. 100 dollars to install
    Linux?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?! AND have him poking around behind your back using
    TELNET?!?!?!?!??!

    I am truly flabbergasted. I thought Liarnut telling people to use the
    nvidia installer on Debian was bad enough but this truly takes the
    biscuit.

    It would appear Terry's cluelessness knows no bounds.

  4. Re: How to compromise other peoples machines.

    After takin' a swig o' grog, cc belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > On Nov 9, 11:06*am, Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >> | =========
    >> |
    >> | From: *snip*
    >> | Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
    >> | I charge friends $100 to install Linux and the apps they want, after
    >> | that I admin it for a few months, remotely, then they are on their own.
    >> | =========
    >> `----

    > I've installed Linux for a few friends and family who want it for FREE
    > with FREE support for LIFE. Some friend Terry is. Does he charge his
    > friends when he helps them hang drywall or install a new sink? And
    > they call me a troll...

    Notice how Hadron snipped the message IDs, so we can't find out how
    /long ago/ Terry made that (telnet) mistake?

    As for charging his friends, well, why don't they balk at that? Must think
    it is well worth it.

    cc, make sure you wipe the Hadron off your shoes.

    --
    "...and the fully armed nuclear warheads, are, of course, merely a
    courtesy detail."

  5. Re: How to compromise other peoples machines.

    Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

    > After takin' a swig o' grog, cc belched out
    > this bit o' wisdom:

    >>> `----

    >> I've installed Linux for a few friends and family who want it for FREE
    >> with FREE support for LIFE. Some friend Terry is. Does he charge his
    >> friends when he helps them hang drywall or install a new sink? And
    >> they call me a troll...

    > Notice how Hadron snipped the message IDs, so we can't find out how
    > /long ago/ Terry made that (telnet) mistake?

    It was *years* ago. And it wasn't a mistake, either
    Telnet is pretty safe inside a network. Just don't use it over the internet.
    Apart from the fact that certain net appliances simply don't provide a SSH
    interface. Hadron in his utter dishonesty (and incompetence) ignores such
    small "distractions" from his idiotic trolling

    > As for charging his friends, well, why don't they balk at that? Must
    > think it is well worth it.

    It is perfectly reasonable to charge friends. It all depends on time needed,
    distance traveled and other small thingies Hadron Quark decided to not
    mention. As, for example, the handholding provided

    > cc, make sure you wipe the Hadron off your shoes.

    Impossible. The stench permeates everything
    --
    Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change,
    the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the

  6. Re: How to compromise other peoples machines.

    On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 14:03:57 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

    > cc, make sure you wipe the Hadron off your shoes.

    Off his chin, you mean. =)
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Beware Romulans baring GIFs.

  7. Re: How to compromise other peoples machines.

    Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    > On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 14:03:57 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >
    >> cc, make sure you wipe the Hadron off your shoes.

    > Off his chin, you mean. =)

    TV: 50 years old going on 12.

  8. Re: How to compromise other peoples machines.

    "DFS" schreef in bericht
    news:3XHRk.63667$Ep1.30682@bignews2.bellsouth.net. ..
    > Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    >> On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 14:03:57 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >>
    >>> cc, make sure you wipe the Hadron off your shoes.

    >> Off his chin, you mean. =)

    > TV: 50 years old going on 12.

    What's the matter here?
    I bet his Linux migration failed?
    ERA brokers are not selling enough houses and are going to kick his ass?
    Midlife crisis?
    Oops! His site is ****ed!
    http://www.donz-era.com/
    Oh, looky, looky!
    His "reputation" on alt.invest.real-estate, bad boy, bad boy!
    http://groups.google.com/group/alt.i...b7063c04c12cd4
    Making things worse: "How old are you? 12? You and your butt buddies can
    go screw yourselves."

  9. Re: How to compromise other peoples machines.

    On Sun, 09 Nov 2008 08:35:38 -0800, cc wrote:

    > On Nov 9, 11:06┬*am, Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >> | =========
    >> |
    >> | From: *snip*
    >> | Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
    >> | I charge friends $100 to install Linux and the apps they want, after
    >> | that I admin it for a few months, remotely, then they are on their
    >> own. | =========
    >> `----

    > I've installed Linux for a few friends and family who want it for FREE
    > with FREE support for LIFE.

    Sounds like they're getting every pennys worth too!

    > Some friend Terry is.

    I'm no Wintroll friend, that's a certainty.

    > Does he charge his
    > friends when he helps them hang drywall

    I live in Australia, the second driest continent on earth, all our walls
    are dry, so that's not a problem ;-)

    > or install a new sink?

    No I don't charge them for that, I tell them to get a plumber or do it
    themselves.

    > And they
    > call me a troll...

    The name fits you perfectly, a bit tight over the stomach perhaps, but
    that's because of your big hairy Troll belly, an occupational hazard.

  10. Re: How to compromise other peoples machines.

    On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 22:40:55 +0100, Clogwog wrote:

    > What's the matter here?

    What matters is apparently you have no life, since you spend your time
    slobbering over mine.

    Loser.

    --
    Regards,
    [tv]
    Owner/proprietor, Trollus Amongus, LLC

    ....Yea, I'm a pacifist. Wanna make somethin' of it, bub?

  11. Re: How to compromise other peoples machines.

    On Nov 9, 2:03*pm, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    > After takin' a swig o' grog, cc belched out
    > * this bit o' wisdom:

    > >> `----

    > > I've installed Linux for a few friends and family who want it for FREE
    > > with FREE support for LIFE. Some friend Terry is. Does he charge his
    > > friends when he helps them hang drywall or install a new sink? And
    > > they call me a troll...

    > Notice how Hadron snipped the message IDs, so we can't find out how
    > /long ago/ Terry made that (telnet) mistake?

    I don't particularly know or care, which is why I snipped it out.

    > As for charging his friends, well, why don't they balk at that? *Must think
    > it is well worth it.

    I wasn't commenting on the worth, just on the friendship.

  12. Re: How to compromise other peoples machines.

    On Sun, 09 Nov 2008 14:03:57 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

    > After takin' a swig o' grog, cc belched out
    > this bit o' wisdom:

    >>> own. | =========
    >>> `----

    >> I've installed Linux for a few friends and family who want it for FREE
    >> with FREE support for LIFE. Some friend Terry is. Does he charge his
    >> friends when he helps them hang drywall or install a new sink? And they
    >> call me a troll...

    > Notice how Hadron snipped the message IDs, so we can't find out how
    > /long ago/ Terry made that (telnet) mistake?

    It's not a mistake Chris, lets put this bs to bed once and for all ?

    I always used Telnet internally before SSH was common. Telnet is still
    the *only* way to talk to certain hardware.

    Telnet is far from obsolete in the embedded field where resources are at
    a premium.

    Have a look at this *modern* product:
    http://www.olimex.com/dev/pic-mini-web.html

    Its a web server that fits in a matchbox, I have two of them sitting on
    my desk right now. Have a look at the specs below, look for the ** TELNET
    ** word

    PIC-MINI-WEB is with dimensions only 55 x 36 mm, but don't let this to
    fool you. This board is very powerful and will allow you to connect
    almost everything to Internet. The board have PIC18F25J10 microcontroller
    with 32KB of program Flash memory, 1024 RAM memory and allow Microchip
    free TCP-IP stack to be programmed. In addition on board flash of 1 Mbit
    (128KB) is available as data storage for web pages etc info. The LAN
    connector could be connected to 10 Mbit Etherent switch or hub. There is
    also IDC14 connector with 10 GPIOs available for future extension and
    power supply and reset signals. What you can do with this board? You name
    it: you can setup web server with dynamic web pages which allow you to
    read PIC resources or to drive them through web interface, i.e. to read
    ADC and display it on the web or to toggle GPIO outputs from the web,
    very conveninet way to make home automation for instance and to monitor
    and control your home from anywhere with Internet. Another service this
    board can run is FTP server, or you can control the PIC by ** TELNET **,
    or you can send and receive e-mails and trigger hardware events with
    them. All this is possible due to the free firmware which Microchip
    provide, and the best of all it have no upfront charges for software nor
    royalies.

    The mantra "Telnet must never be used, it's unsafe" is for morons who
    don't know any better.

    Like a gun, if you don't know how to use it safely, you'll probably blow
    your foot off sooner or later.

    > As for charging his friends, well, why don't they balk at that? Must
    > think it is well worth it.

    It was always a sign to me that they really wanted Linux, my time is too
    valuable to waste and although my Free software is Free, my time is not.

    The Second last Linux box I did was a dual core AMD in a beautiful and
    silent shiny black Antec case. It's been running for about 1.5 years. I
    built the machine and installed Gentoo. The user is ex windows.

    His machine is still running perfectly.

    The last machine I did was over the road from where I live, for a kid who
    wanted Linux.
    His older XP machine had died, and was spewing all kinds of Windows
    cryptic errors.

    I do Linux boxes for poor kids for free, but they have to do the work, I
    just supervise.

    > cc, make sure you wipe the Hadron off your shoes.

    Hahahaha!

  13. Re: How to compromise other peoples machines.

    On Nov 9, 4:44*pm, Terry Porter wrote:

    > >> own. | =========
    > >> `----

    > > I've installed Linux for a few friends and family who want it for FREE
    > > with FREE support for LIFE.

    > Sounds like they're getting every pennys worth too!

    Well, I could have charged them $100 to install and admin it for only
    a few months, and they would have gladly paid, but then of course I'd
    be a dick.

    > > Some friend Terry is.

    > I'm no Wintroll friend, that's a certainty.

    So you charged your friends to install Linux or Wintrolls, or are you
    just responding with anything, even if it doesn't make sense, as long
    as it contains the word "wintroll"?

    > > Does he charge his
    > > friends when he helps them hang drywall

    > I live in Australia, the second driest continent on earth, all our walls
    > are dry, so that's not a problem ;-)
    >
    > > or install a new sink?

    > No I don't charge them for that, I tell them to get a plumber or do it
    > themselves.

    You sound like a real help to your friends, and a joy to be around.
    There is just no way they are cursing you behind your back. None.

    > > And they
    > > call me a troll...

    > The name fits you perfectly, a bit tight over the stomach perhaps, but
    > that's because of your big hairy Troll belly, an occupational hazard.

    Please don't ever use the phrase "big hairy Troll belly" again. It's
    incredibly creepy.

  14. Re: How to compromise other peoples machines.

    On 2008-11-09, Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    > On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 14:03:57 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >
    >> cc, make sure you wipe the Hadron off your shoes.

    > Off his chin, you mean. =)

    You are disgusting!

    --
    Regards,

    Gregory.
    Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power

  15. Re: How to compromise other peoples machines.

    On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 14:02:55 -0800 (PST), cc wrote:

    > Ahh***SLAP***

    Shoo.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]
    Owner/proprietor, Trollus Amongus, LLC

    ....You are now entering a School Free Drug Zone.

  16. Re: How to compromise other peoples machines.

    On 9 Nov 2008 22:29:05 GMT, Gregory Shearman wrote:

    > You are disgusting!

    Yeah. So?
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]
    Owner/proprietor, Trollus Amongus, LLC

    ....PMS - Periodic Monster Syndrome

  17. Re: How to compromise other peoples machines.

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Peter K÷hlmann belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

    >> Notice how Hadron snipped the message IDs, so we can't find out how
    >> /long ago/ Terry made that (telnet) mistake?

    > It was *years* ago. And it wasn't a mistake, either
    > Telnet is pretty safe inside a network. Just don't use it over the internet.
    > Apart from the fact that certain net appliances simply don't provide a SSH
    > interface. Hadron in his utter dishonesty (and incompetence) ignores such
    > small "distractions" from his idiotic trolling

    I kind of figured that. I sort-of-remembered the telnet discussion,
    but not the details.

    >> As for charging his friends, well, why don't they balk at that? Must
    >> think it is well worth it.

    > It is perfectly reasonable to charge friends. It all depends on time needed,
    > distance traveled and other small thingies Hadron Quark decided to not
    > mention. As, for example, the handholding provided
    >
    >> cc, make sure you wipe the Hadron off your shoes.

    > Impossible. The stench permeates everything

    Ever step in dog-doo and not notice it until you're driving? Woo.

    --
    Often statistics are used as a drunken man uses lampposts -- for support
    rather than illumination.

  18. Re: How to compromise other peoples machines.

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Clogwog belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > His "reputation" on alt.invest.real-estate, bad boy, bad boy!
    > http://groups.google.com/group/alt.i...b7063c04c12cd4

    Oh lookie, some jerk posts an anonymous message in four or five real-estate
    newsgroups to show "Don Ziegler" in a bad lightk, making sure to attached
    the businessname to the post.

    Say it ain't so, Clogwog. Why did you post that?

    > Making things worse: "How old are you? 12? You and your butt buddies can
    > go screw yourselves."

    Poor Clogster. Gets no satisfaction for his efforts. Bummer.

    --
    Mercury: gpm isn't a very good web browser. fix it.

  19. Re: How to compromise other peoples machines.

    On Sun, 09 Nov 2008 14:06:58 -0800, cc wrote:

    > Well, I could have charged them $100 to install and admin it for only a
    > few months, and they would have gladly paid, but then of course I'd be a
    > dick.

    You *are* a dick, and if you charged people to install Linux, I think
    from what I've seen of your Linux skillset, they would have paid you dick.

    >> The name fits you perfectly, a bit tight over the stomach perhaps, but
    >> that's because of your big hairy Troll belly, an occupational hazard.
    >>

    > Please don't ever use the phrase "big hairy Troll belly" again. It's
    > incredibly creepy.

    Only if you promise to leave Usenet forever, and work tirelessly in the
    Mines of Moria to atone for crap you spew here.

  20. Re: How to compromise other peoples machines.

    On 2008-11-09, Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    > On 9 Nov 2008 22:29:05 GMT, Gregory Shearman wrote:
    >
    >> You are disgusting!

    > Yeah. So?

    So you know your mind's in the gutter, good.

    --
    Regards,

    Gregory.
    Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power