Get to know the Wintrolls! - Linux

This is a discussion on Get to know the Wintrolls! - Linux ; On Sun, 09 Nov 2008 11:34:40 -0800, nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu wrote: > Ha! Thanks for the laugh! Welcome, it's good to have some humour around here now and again. > > Seriously, I do think some (not all) of the wintrolls actually ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 27 of 27

  1. Re: Get to know the Wintrolls!

    On Sun, 09 Nov 2008 11:34:40 -0800, nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu wrote:

    > Ha! Thanks for the laugh!

    Welcome, it's good to have some humour around here now and again.

    > Seriously, I do think some (not all) of the wintrolls actually like
    > Linux. But that's not why they're here. They're here to disrupt this
    > newgroup and to harass anyone saying anything positive about Linux or
    > negative about their beloved Monopoly.

    I agree 100%.

  2. Look at Erik Dance for Terry

    On 2008-11-09, Erik Funkenbusch claimed:
    > On Sun, 09 Nov 2008 02:11:24 -0600, Terry Porter wrote:
    >
    >> However it's a little unfair to the Wintrolls for me to post articles
    >> like that, because of course, they have no defining moment when they
    >> switched to Linux because they don't use Linux, they don't know how to
    >> use Linux.

    > The thing that really amuses me to no end is how people like Terry are so
    > stupid that they don't even recognize their own dichotomies.
    >
    > Premise 1: Linux is so easy to use, even a grandmother can use it!

    Depends on the grandmother.

    > Premise 2: Wintrolls haven't spent the time and energy to learn how to use
    > Linux and/or they're too stupid to be among us elites.

    A given, except for the 'elite' bit. Change 'elites' to 'humans' and
    you've got it dead on.

    > Of course you can't have it both ways. Either Linux is an intuitive
    > environment that even the most ignorant user can use without problems, or
    > it's a complex and difficult system that needs years to master and all
    > those that judge it aren't qualified to do so.
    >
    > It's amusing beyond belief to watch people like Terry squirm one way, then
    > spin the other depending on how smart they're trying to pretend to be, all
    > the while not even realizing that most people can see precisely what he's
    > doing.
    >
    > The sad part is that people like Terry can't even see their own stupidity,
    > they think they're smart and witty, yet even a casual disecting of any of
    > his posts reveals that it's all smoke and mirrors.

    I'm sure Terry will be happy to see that you let us in on some of your
    personal insecurities. I know I feel somewhat enlightened.

    Don't be shy, though. Open up and let us know some more about the
    things that give you trouble sleeping. While you're at it maybe you can
    let us in on the defining moment when you decided to start trolling COLA
    endlessly, like Terry and others have often wondered about you.

    --
    It's spelled W-I-N-D-O-W-S. But it's pronounced CRAP.

  3. Re: Get to know the Wintrolls!

    wrote in message
    > Ha! Thanks for the laugh!
    >
    > Seriously, I do think some (not all) of the wintrolls actually like
    > Linux. But that's not why they're here. They're here to disrupt
    > this newgroup and to harass anyone saying anything positive about
    > Linux or negative about their beloved Monopoly.

    More likely, in the words of Bruce Springsteen, "Oh, but Mama, that's where
    the fun is!"

  4. Re: Get to know the Wintrolls!

    "nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu" writes:

    > Ha! Thanks for the laugh!
    >
    > Seriously, I do think some (not all) of the wintrolls actually like
    > Linux. But that's not why they're here. They're here to disrupt
    > this newgroup and to harass anyone saying anything positive about
    > Linux or negative about their beloved Monopoly.

    Close. I'm here to show the world that being a Linux user and advocate
    does not mean you have to hold a personal vendetta against Bill Gates,
    MS or Bulmer or tell untold lies.

    You will note nearly ALL my posts are correcting lies by COLA
    "advocates".

  5. Re: Get to know the Wintrolls!

    Hadron wrote:

    > "nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu" writes:
    >
    >> Ha! Thanks for the laugh!
    >>
    >> Seriously, I do think some (not all) of the wintrolls actually like
    >> Linux. But that's not why they're here. They're here to disrupt
    >> this newgroup and to harass anyone saying anything positive about
    >> Linux or negative about their beloved Monopoly.

    > Close. I'm here to show the world that being a Linux user and advocate
    > does not mean you have to hold a personal vendetta against Bill Gates,
    > MS or Bulmer or tell untold lies.

    Just the same as Erik Funkenbusch. And you both fail miserably *if* that
    were your purpose being in COLA
    It's not true, naturally.

    > You will note nearly ALL my posts are correcting lies by COLA
    > "advocates".

    Wrong again. Nearly all your posts consists solely of attacking and
    insulting linux advocates. To be able to "correct" one you need to grow
    your first working braincells, and then learn some basics about linux

    You share that trait with Erik F, too, you know. That twit claims since
    years to run linux daily. And yet since all that time he has been unable to
    post something at least a little correct about linux. He is totally
    clueless. Just as you are
    --
    Law of Probable Dispersal:
    Whatever it is that hits the fan will not be evenly distributed.

  6. Re: Get to know the Wintrolls!

    Peter Köhlmann wrote:

    >Hadron quacked:
    >>
    >> Close. I'm here to show the world that being a Linux user and advocate
    >> does not mean you have to hold a personal vendetta against Bill Gates,
    >> MS or Bulmer or tell untold lies.

    Yeah, the world can plainly see that you are a "true Linux advocate",
    Quack. Guffaw.

    >> You will note nearly ALL my posts are correcting lies by COLA
    >> "advocates".

    I note that you are a shameless liar and anti-Linux troll, "Hadron"
    Quack.

    >Wrong again. Nearly all your posts consists solely of attacking and
    >insulting linux advocates.

    Oh, didn't you see how Quack recently claimed that "more than 99% of
    laptops out there" use Windows, thus "correcting" the advocates?

    --
    Statement: Linux enabled Google to build dirt-cheap servers;

    "True Linux advocate" Hadron Quark's response: Don't be ridiculous. It
    didn't enable any such thing.

  7. Re: Get to know the Wintrolls!

    After takin' a swig o' grog, chrisv belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    >
    >>Hadron quacked:
    >>>
    >>> Close. I'm here to show the world that being a Linux user and advocate
    >>> does not mean you have to hold a personal vendetta against Bill Gates,
    >>> MS or Bulmer or tell untold lies.

    > Yeah, the world can plainly see that you are a "true Linux advocate",
    > Quack. Guffaw.

    It's got to be solely a trolling ploy. Nobody could that ****ing stupid as
    to believe they're fooling anyone.

    >>> You will note nearly ALL my posts are correcting lies by COLA
    >>> "advocates".

    > I note that you are a shameless liar and anti-Linux troll, "Hadron"
    > Quack.
    >
    >>Wrong again. Nearly all your posts consists solely of attacking and
    >>insulting linux advocates.

    > Oh, didn't you see how Quack recently claimed that "more than 99% of
    > laptops out there" use Windows, thus "correcting" the advocates?
    >
    > --
    > Statement: Linux enabled Google to build dirt-cheap servers;
    >
    > "True Linux advocate" Hadron Quark's response: Don't be ridiculous. It
    > didn't enable any such thing.

    He's given us some real laffers over the last year or so.

    --
    I'm successful because I'm lucky. The harder I work, the luckier I get.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2