Chinese hack into White House network

,----[ Quote ]
| Chinese hackers have penetrated the White House computer network on multiple
| occasions, and obtained e-mails between government officials, a senior US
| official told the Financial Times.
`----

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2931c542-ac3...nclick_check=1

Another Day, Another Big Data Breach

,----[ Quote ]
| These days, it's probably best to just assume that any private data you've
| ever provided to a company is public. Given the pace at which the data you've
| entrusted to companies is leaked, whether via malicious hackers or via
| company carelessness, it's almost as if the exception to the rule is a
| company that's actually been able to keep your data safe. So it's hardly
| surprising that Express Scripts, the massive medical benefits management
| company, has said that its records appear to have been compromised.
| Apparently, the company was sent a note, detailing the medical records of
| about 75 people, with an extortion threat telling the company to pay up or
| face the exposure of millions of patient records.
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20081107/0125292766.shtml

"We should whack them (Dell over Linux dealings), we should make sure they
understand our value."

--Paul Flessner, MS Senior Vice President, Server Applications Unit

Recent:

Expert: White House Negligent on E-Mail

,----[ Quote ]
| The White House e-mail troubles began in 2002 with a decision to upgrade
| electronic message capabilities and move from Lotus Notes to Microsoft
| Exchange. *
|
| Prior to launching Microsoft Exchange for e-mail, there should have been
| full-scale testing of an archiving system, e-mail experts said. In addition,
| both the existing archiving system and a new one should have run at the same
| time until the new system was fully proven. *
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080303/white...mail.html?.v=1

Bots rule in cyberspace

,----[ Quote ]