Open Source enterprise to facilitate University Education

,----[ Quote ]
| The entire university education fraternity is lending their voice about the
| benefits open source enterprise applications will have on students. The day
| is not far where we can see students all over the globe contributing to the
| development of open source and also enriching their pedagogy through a number
| of applications.
| The transfer costs for open source applications to juxtapose with the
| curriculum might be exceedingly high, but the return would be beneficial for
| both the parties involved. Important subjects such as financial accounting
| systems, IT applications, etc. can very well be taught on the open source
| which would result in the formation of an online community among its users.
| The ideas developed through these community users could very well be
| implemented in the course curriculum and thus open source applications need
| to be taken seriously.

IT: University starts Open Source master course

,----[ Quote ]
| The University of Perugia is offering a master course on Open
| Source. "Software developers and IT policy makers need to understand the
| importance and potential of this type of software and how to combine it with
| proprietary IT systems."
| The 'Master di I° Livello in Sistemi e Tecnologie Free Libre Open Source per
| la SocietĂ* dell'Informazione e della Comunicazione' (First level master in
| Open Source systems and technology for the Information Society) was presented
| during a seminar on Open Source in the city of Orvieto, on 13 September.

KU Launches Linux Online Noncredit Certificate Program

,----[ Quote ]
| University of Kansas Continuing Education is launching an online noncredit
| certificate program for the popular Linux server platform.

UC Irvine Extension Hosts Online Course on Linux Software Programming

,----[ Quote ]
| “Linux Driver Primer” will explain how to develop and write code for Linux
| device drivers. Additionally, participants will gain knowledge of how to
| build and grow Linux device frameworks from scratch. This course offers
| foundational information about software programming and is a critical part of
| the new Device Software Engineering Program. Â* Â*

Universities Worldwide Offer Free Open Courseware

,----[ Quote ]
| More than 100 universities worldwide - including Johns Hopkins, Tufts and
| Notre Dame - have joined the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in a
| consortium of schools promoting open courseware. Â*

Setting Learning Free

,----[ Quote ]
| That refocus led MIT to a radical new proposition. In the words
| of Anne Margulies, now executive director of MIT OpenCourseWare (OCW),
| "They decided that the best way the Internet could be used to
| fulfill that mission would be to give the materials away."

Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)