Songbird gets ready to fly with 1.0 release candidate

,----[ Quote ]
| The Songbird developers have contributed extensively to bring cross-platform
| support to GStreamer, an open source multimedia framework that is used
| extensively on Linux. GStreamer is now used as the Songbird media backend
| across all platforms, improving the performance and reliability of audio
| playback. In addition to supporting MP3, FLAC, and OGG across all platforms,
| GStreamer also supports WMA on Windows and AAC on Windows and Mac OS X.

Another new GNU/Linux release announced just 3 days ago:

GParted LiveCD

Songbird 0.7.0 Review - Audio Player for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| I'll start with a quote from the official Songbird homepage, which goes
| like 'Songbird promises to be the Firefox of media players'. Although not
| (yet) as popular in the audio players world as Firefox is in the one of web
| browsers, Songbird looks and offers an interface which integrates both
| powerful browsing features and music collection management.
| [...]
| I liked this Songbird release better than the last version I tried, but I
| think it needs some improvements too, like the UI font size or more features
| regarding the collection management. Having such a powerful integrated web
| browser may be useful to some, although it can look a little bloated to
| others. Nevertheless, Songbird is is worth a try for any of you who like to
| fetch music information while listening, get lyrics etc, without opening an
| additional web browser.

Songbird Rocks!

,----[ Quote ]
| I'm not that picky when it comes to desktop audio player. Typically, I just
| use whatever audio player that comes with my Linux distro. As long as it
| plays all of my audio files (with the right plugins of course), I'm good.
| Until most recently, when I've tried those iTunes replacements that I wrote
| about a while ago, I've discovered Songbird, and it quickly became my
| favorite audio player.

Songbird 0.7.0, finally a functional player for linux!

,----[ Quote ]
| Songbird is built from the ground up on the Mozilla project. The media
| player's UI is programmed in the same XML User Interface Language (XUL) that
| Firefox uses for its UI. Much like Firefox, Songbird has support for
| user-created extensions, and you can improve the player functionalities
| simply by installing extensions as you usually do with the Firefox browser.

Songbird 0.6 - The Bird Got Wings

,----[ Quote ]
| Songbird is practically two things, both an audio player and a web browser.
| As an audio player, it does what it's supposed to do: it plays music,
| providing a library but not much of other options.

Songbird media player: the love child of Mozilla and WinAmp

,----[ Quote ]
| Songbird also includes built-in web browsing capabilities and offers a unique
| page API that enables web content creators to interact with the media player.
| When given permission by the user, web sites can use the Songbird page API to
| retrieve information about currently playing tracks, create playlists, and
| interact with the user's media experience in other ways. Some independent
| labels like Matador even use the APIs to turn Songbird into a user-friendly
| music store for their content. Since these capabilities are all documented,
| anyone can use Songbird as a platform for building new content distribution
| channels and innovative web-based media services.

Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)