Puppy Linux 4.1 -- two paws way up - Linux

This is a discussion on Puppy Linux 4.1 -- two paws way up - Linux ; It's like being in a candy store -- all these good distributions of Linux. I'm looking for some live distributions to send my Dad, so he can get on the Internet when one of his Windows computers crashes again, and ...

  1. Puppy Linux 4.1 -- two paws way up

    It's like being in a candy store -- all these good distributions of
    Linux. I'm looking for some live distributions to send my Dad, so he can
    get on the Internet when one of his Windows computers crashes again, and
    I re-ran into Puppy Linux. Once you have some of the settings saved on
    hard disk (or flash drive) it takes about 30 seconds to boot up, holds
    everything in memory and allows you to play music, DVDs, YouTube videos
    and everything else I've thrown at it, all "out of the box." Total of
    about 90 Megs of memory, which loads into RAM, making the DVD/CD burner
    availble for burning CDs or watching movies. Amazing. Absolutely nothing
    like it in the Windows world

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  2. Re: Puppy Linux 4.1 -- two paws way up

    On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 19:58:58 +0800, RonB wrote:

    > It's like being in a candy store -- all these good distributions of
    > Linux. I'm looking for some live distributions to send my Dad, so he can
    > get on the Internet when one of his Windows computers crashes again, and
    > I re-ran into Puppy Linux. Once you have some of the settings saved on
    > hard disk (or flash drive) it takes about 30 seconds to boot up, holds
    > everything in memory and allows you to play music, DVDs, YouTube videos
    > and everything else I've thrown at it, all "out of the box." Total of
    > about 90 Megs of memory, which loads into RAM, making the DVD/CD burner
    > availble for burning CDs or watching movies. Amazing. Absolutely nothing
    > like it in the Windows world

    Nice review Ron, and unlike the Windows candy store the Linux one has no
    plainclothes BSAA security Gestapo, surveillance cameras and rewards for
    snitching on friends, colleagues and businesses!

    Cheers
    Terry

  3. Re: Puppy Linux 4.1 -- two paws way up

+ Reply to Thread