[News] Microsoft's Gangsters Pressure Free/Open Source Software Out of Events - Linux

  2. Re: [News] Microsoft's Gangsters Pressure Free/Open Source Software Out of Events

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Microsoft and Salesforce bounce open-source competitors from events
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | At last year's EduCause conference, an inside source tells me, Microsoft
    > | refused to sponsor the conference unless the conference organizers
    > | denied Zimbra the opportunity to take a big, prominent booth at the
    > | event.
    > `----
    >
    > http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-10083672-16.html
    >
    > But hey! Why the obsession with Microsoft? What does it ever do to
    > Free(dom) software?!?!

    Zimbra can now sue both the organisers and the micoshaft for
    predatory business practices.

    They can also file complaints with EU and US anti-trust regulators
    immediately for future compensation claims and redress.

  3. Re: [News] Microsoft's Gangsters Pressure Free/Open Source Software Out of Events

  4. Re: [News] Microsoft's Gangsters Pressure Free/Open Source SoftwareOut of Events

    > Microsoft and Salesforce bounce open-source competitors from events
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | At last year's EduCause conference, an inside source tells me,
    > | Microsoft refused to sponsor the conference unless the conference
    > | organizers denied Zimbra the opportunity to take a big, prominent
    > | booth at the event.
    > `----
    >
    > http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-10083672-16.html

    Is this one of those many; many disreputable things Microsoft does that
    the trolls will just ignore; cough a few times; bury their heads in the
    sand; promptly forget about; later deny, then claim we're "zealots" for
    lying or exaggerating when we call Microsoft gangsters?

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    `----

    04:16:28 up 4 days, 11:59, 4 users, load average: 3.80, 4.08, 4.16

  5. Re: [News] Microsoft's Gangsters Pressure Free/Open Source Software Out of Events

    Homer wrote:

    >> Microsoft and Salesforce bounce open-source competitors from events
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>> At last year's EduCause conference, an inside source tells me,
    >>> Microsoft refused to sponsor the conference unless the conference
    >>> organizers denied Zimbra the opportunity to take a big, prominent
    >>> booth at the event.

    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-10083672-16.html

    > Is this one of those many; many disreputable things Microsoft does
    > that the trolls will just ignore; cough a few times; bury their heads
    > in the sand; promptly forget about; later deny, then claim we're
    > "zealots" for lying or exaggerating when we call Microsoft gangsters?

    You definitely are. Reactionary, angry, puerile zealots.

    "Disclosure: I am an customer of and advisor to SugarCRM and a customer of
    Zimbra's."

    LMAO! All the author can bring is "inside source." I believe that as much
    as I believe Spamowitz's "inside sources."

    Even if it did happen, are you really so stupid as to be surprised that MS
    would pay to sponsor an event and let a crapware OSS competitor in to give
    their code away? When's the last time you invited and paid for a competitor
    and helped him underbid you for a contract job?

    You're a clueless moron, [H]ypocrite.

  6. Re: [News] Microsoft's Gangsters Pressure Free/Open Source Software Out of Events

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Homer belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    >> Microsoft and Salesforce bounce open-source competitors from events
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >> | At last year's EduCause conference, an inside source tells me,
    >> | Microsoft refused to sponsor the conference unless the conference
    >> | organizers denied Zimbra the opportunity to take a big, prominent
    >> | booth at the event.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-10083672-16.html

    > Is this one of those many; many disreputable things Microsoft does that
    > the trolls will just ignore; cough a few times; bury their heads in the
    > sand; promptly forget about; later deny, then claim we're "zealots" for
    > lying or exaggerating when we call Microsoft gangsters?

    Silicon Valley Watcher has the scoop on SugarCRM being booted from the
    San Francisco Marriott hotel during Salesforce.com's recent Dreamforce
    conference, but SugarCRM isn't the only open-source company getting
    shafted by its proprietary competition.

    At last year's EduCause conference, an inside source tells me, Microsoft
    refused to sponsor the conference unless the conference organizers denied
    Zimbra the opportunity to take a big, prominent booth at the event.

    Two billion-dollar companies fretting about Lilliputian open-source
    competitors? Surely you jest!

    . . .

    In other words, perhaps Microsoft, Salesforce, and their ilk do have
    something to fear from the Zimbras and SugarCRMs of the world. Value wins
    in a recessionary economy, to the extent that anyone does, and these
    open-source vendors are providing a heck of a lot of value...for a very
    low price.

    Disclosure: I am an customer of and advisor to SugarCRM and a customer of
    Zimbra's.

    --
    It's better to be quotable than to be honest.
    -- Tom Stoppard

  7. Re: [News] Microsoft's Gangsters Pressure Free/Open Source Software Out of Events

    "Homer" wrote in message

    >> Microsoft and Salesforce bounce open-source competitors from events
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >> | At last year's EduCause conference, an inside source tells me,
    >> | Microsoft refused to sponsor the conference unless the conference
    >> | organizers denied Zimbra the opportunity to take a big, prominent
    >> | booth at the event.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-10083672-16.html

    > Is this one of those many; many disreputable things Microsoft does that
    > the trolls will just ignore; cough a few times; bury their heads in the
    > sand; promptly forget about; later deny, then claim we're "zealots" for
    > lying or exaggerating when we call Microsoft gangsters?

    Well, the piece is an undocumented, one-sided whine about some obscure
    event. Perhaps the end of the piece tells the tale:

    "Disclosure: I am an customer of and advisor to SugarCRM and a customer of
    Zimbra's."

    It is easy to complain when unopposed. If you believe this without any
    additional input, you probably believe that Obama is a Marxist Muslim who
    grew up in Asia and is planning to rob all the plumbers' life savings and
    give it to illegal aliens.

  8. Re: [News] Microsoft's Gangsters Pressure Free/Open Source Software Out of Events

    "Chris Ahlstrom" wrote in message
    news:87WRk.67310$vX2.5544@bignews6.bellsouth.net.. .

    > In other words, perhaps Microsoft, Salesforce, and their ilk do have
    > something to fear from the Zimbras and SugarCRMs of the world. Value
    > wins
    > in a recessionary economy, to the extent that anyone does, and these
    > open-source vendors are providing a heck of a lot of value...for a very
    > low price.
    >
    > Disclosure: I am an customer of and advisor to SugarCRM and a customer
    > of
    > Zimbra's.

    On the other hand do you suppose that this is simply "taking care of
    business"? You have nothing to fear from crabgrass if you treat your lawn
    annually with the right stuff. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of
    cure, I think.

    Of course the crabgrass would protest, if it could, but that is the nature
    of crabgrass.

  9. Re: [News] Microsoft's Gangsters Pressure Free/Open Source SoftwareOut of Events

    DFS wrote:
    > Homer wrote:
    >>
    >>> Microsoft and Salesforce bounce open-source competitors from events
    >>>
    >>> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>> `----
    >>>
    >>> http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-10083672-16.html

    >> Is this one of those many; many disreputable things Microsoft does
    >> that the trolls will just ignore; cough a few times; bury their heads
    >> in the sand; promptly forget about; later deny, then claim we're
    >> "zealots" for lying or exaggerating when we call Microsoft gangsters?

    > You definitely are. Reactionary, angry, puerile zealots.

    Says the crusader hellbent on a quest to convert the heathens.

+ Reply to Thread