[News] Everyone is a Terrorist Now, Even Gary - Linux

  1. [News] Everyone is a Terrorist Now, Even Gary

    March of the dustbin Stasi: Half of councils use anti-terror laws to watch
    people putting rubbish out on the wrong day

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | More than half of town halls admit using anti-terror laws to spy on families
    | suspected of putting their rubbish out on the wrong day.
    |
    | Their tactics include putting secret cameras in tin cans, on lamp posts and
    | even in the homes of 'friendly' residents.
    |
    | The local authorities admitted that one of their main aims was to catch
    | householders who put their bins out early.
    `----

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti....html?ITO=1490

    McKinnon suffers further legal setback in extradition fight

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | McKinnon faces seven charges of hacking into US government and military
    | systems during 2001 and 2002. The former sys admin has never contested the
    | charges, but argues he was motivated by curiosity about supposed US
    | government suppression of knowledge about UFO-harvested technologies and
    | contact with aliens rather than anything more malign.
    |
    | He denies causing widespread damage and has expressed incredulity as the
    | suggestion of US prosecutors that he was "the biggest military hacker of all
    | time".
    `----

    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/11...legal_setback/

    Myspace bans McKinnon as latest deadline looms

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Gary's music video, Only a Fool, had stormed the Myspace video charts,
    | reaching number three the last time we checked, not three days after it was
    | posted.
    |
    | His application for a judicial review had sought to prevent his extradition
    | on the grounds that it would be cruel to send him, as a sufferer of
    | Asperger's Syndrome, to a US jail. The government should secure him the right
    | to serve time in a British prison if he was found guilty in a US court, said
    | the application.
    `----

    http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...aw-courts-dump

    Recent:

    Pools in security lather over shampoo

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | "Pool guests who bring these items must allow them to be opened and
    | inspected. Security personnel will smell them to see whether they are safe or
    | not," a separate report posted on the city's sport bureau's website said
    | (www.shsports.gov.cn).
    `----

    http://www.reuters.com/article/oddly...18633820080620

    Elderly woman prohibiting from photographing empty swimming pool "to prevent
    paedophilia"

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | An 82-year-old woman in Southampton, UK was told she couldn't take photos of
    | an empty wading pool because she might be a paedophile. Because, you know,
    | anything that children touch regularly becomes part of their souls, and if a
    | paedophile looks at those objects, it's just like sexually assaulting a
    | child.
    `----

    http://www.boingboing.net/2008/07/25...an-prohib.html

  2. Re: [News] Everyone is a Terrorist Now, Even Gary

    On 2008-11-08, GreyCloud claimed:
    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    >> McKinnon suffers further legal setback in extradition fight
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >> | McKinnon faces seven charges of hacking into US government and military
    >> | systems during 2001 and 2002. The former sys admin has never contested
    >> | the charges, but argues he was motivated by curiosity about supposed US
    >> | government suppression of knowledge about UFO-harvested technologies and
    >> | contact with aliens rather than anything more malign.
    >> |
    >> | He denies causing widespread damage and has expressed incredulity as the
    >> | suggestion of US prosecutors that he was "the biggest military hacker of
    >> | all time".
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/11...legal_setback/

    >> | His application for a judicial review had sought to prevent his
    >> | extradition on the grounds that it would be cruel to send him, as a
    >> | sufferer of Asperger's Syndrome, to a US jail. The government should
    >> | secure him the right to serve time in a British prison if he was found
    >> | guilty in a US court, said the application.
    >> `----
    >>

    > http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...aw-courts-dump
    >>

    > But if you look at what Gary had found, you'd be amazed. According to what
    > Gary said he found was that the U.S. has an actual military space fleet
    > complete with a list of officers in command that no one else can find. So
    > if this is just imaginary like some are saying, then why are they so hot to
    > prosecute?

    Maybe because of the intrusion itself.

    Maybe they have reason to believe he got into far more than he claims
    he did, whether he realizes it or not.

    Maybe because they want to find out exactly /how/ he intruded.

    Maybe because they don't want to take his word for it, and they'd
    rather find out if he's seen more than they ever did or will know
    about.

    Not everything that's claimed to be a coverup is a coverup. Not
    everything that's claimed to be a coverup isn't a coverup.

    --
    Vista: Proof you CAN fool some of the people all of the time.

  3. Re: [News] Everyone is a Terrorist Now, Even Gary

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Sinister Midget belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > On 2008-11-08, GreyCloud claimed:
    >
    >> But if you look at what Gary had found, you'd be amazed. According to what
    >> Gary said he found was that the U.S. has an actual military space fleet
    >> complete with a list of officers in command that no one else can find. So
    >> if this is just imaginary like some are saying, then why are they so hot to
    >> prosecute?

    > Maybe because of the intrusion itself.
    >
    > Maybe they have reason to believe he got into far more than he claims
    > he did, whether he realizes it or not.
    >
    > Maybe because they want to find out exactly /how/ he intruded.
    >
    > Maybe because they don't want to take his word for it, and they'd
    > rather find out if he's seen more than they ever did or will know
    > about.
    >
    > Not everything that's claimed to be a coverup is a coverup. Not
    > everything that's claimed to be a coverup isn't a coverup.

    You'd better cover this up.

    --
    "I have a bone to pick, and a few to break."
    -- Anonymous

  4. Re: [News] Everyone is a Terrorist Now, Even Gary

    ____/ GreyCloud on Saturday 08 November 2008 21:09 : \____

    > Sinister Midget wrote:

    http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...aw-courts-dump

    >>> But if you look at what Gary had found, you'd be amazed. According to
    >>> what Gary said he found was that the U.S. has an actual military space
    >>> fleet
    >>> complete with a list of officers in command that no one else can find.
    >>> So if this is just imaginary like some are saying, then why are they so
    >>> hot to prosecute?

    >> Maybe because of the intrusion itself.
    >>
    >> Maybe they have reason to believe he got into far more than he claims
    >> he did, whether he realizes it or not.
    >>
    >> Maybe because they want to find out exactly /how/ he intruded.
    >>

    > He got in without a password from what I gather.
    > The mils security at that time was a pretty big joke.
    >
    >> Maybe because they don't want to take his word for it, and they'd
    >> rather find out if he's seen more than they ever did or will know
    >> about.
    >>
    >> Not everything that's claimed to be a coverup is a coverup. Not
    >> everything that's claimed to be a coverup isn't a coverup.
    >>

    > It is hard to say for certain. There are so many twists and turns to these
    > things that it would make a fox go crazy.

    They needed a scapegoat and they need to make it seem like he did malicious and
    sophisticated things (not just changing wallpapers).

    In reality, from what I can gather, he was accused of causing 'damage' (some
    inflated figures they quoted), but I imgaine that the costs were associated
    with improving security. He did them a favour; better some alien-curious guy
    than Chinese espionage. He caught their flaws early and causes little or no
    harm. They are very, very lucky

    - From the news today:

    Chinese hack into White House network

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Chinese hackers have penetrated the White House computer network on multiple
    | occasions, and obtained e-mails between government officials, a senior US
    | official told the Financial Times.
    `----

    http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2931c542-ac3...nclick_check=1

    And yes... Bush&Cretins foolishly chose Windows.

    Expert: White House Negligent on E-Mail

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The White House e-mail troubles began in 2002 with a decision to upgrade
    | electronic message capabilities and move from Lotus Notes to Microsoft
    | Exchange. *
    `----

    http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080303/white...mail.html?.v=1

    - --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Holey (sic) Cow! Longhorn is full of holes...
    21:20:01 up 24 days, 5:38, 1 user, load average: 3.52, 3.77, 3.81

  5. Re: [News] Everyone is a Terrorist Now, Even Gary

    After takin' a swig o' grog, GreyCloud belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >
    >>> Not everything that's claimed to be a coverup is a coverup. Not
    >>> everything that's claimed to be a coverup isn't a coverup.

    >> You'd better cover this up.

    > He could use the new TARP that the secretary of treasury is using. :-))

    Don't laugh. Sounds like GM is angling for a bailout.

    Where's mine?

    Good sigmonster!

    --
    Safety Net-ism: The belief that there will always be a financial and
    emotional safety net to buffer life's hurts. Usually parents. -- Douglas

+ Reply to Thread