- From Firefox to Fennec: Mozilla Has Surprises In Store

,----[ Quote ]
| Does the browser in the iPhone have this advantage available? No. If Google
| delivers a mobile version of Chrome, does Chrome have the extension
| advantage? No. I'm not surprised that Mozilla continues to talk Fennec up,
| including its efforts to get the TraceMonkey engine working with ARM
| processors (found in many mobile devices). The company has worked doggedly to
| make it a browser that performs well, has been working on touchscreen
| interfaces, and as Fennec is finalized, I expect extensions for it to be
| what really puts the wind at its back, relative to the competition.
`----

http://ostatic.com/176683-blog/from-...rises-in-store

Minimalist Firefox Goes Black

,----[ Quote ]
| Reader and desktop tweaker extraordinaire Kaelri—who designed the popular
| Lightning at Sunset Windows desktop—is back at it, this time with a
| beautifully customized Firefox installation. The homepage you see above—which
| links straight to Google Contacts, Maps, Calendar, Gmail, etc.—is the result
| of some very light Firefox tweaking. Keep reading for a closer look at what
| he used to pull it off.
`----

http://lifehacker.com/5078473/minima...fox-goes-black

Recent:

Think Firefox 3 is fast? Try Firefox Minefield

,----[ Quote ]
| You can download the latest nightly build for Mac OS X, Linux, or Windows,
| but be warned: it's alpha code. While a quick scan of the Web shows few
| complaints as to stability, Minefield may not be for you. It doesn't support
| some of my favorite Firefox extensions (like Adblock Plus), but it actually
| has surprisingly good support for extensions, given that it's a fast-moving
| project.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-10073252-16.html

First look: Mozilla's mobile Fennec browser

,----[ Quote ]
| It is good to see Mozilla putting significant resources and effort into the
| mobile space. Mozilla changed the desktop browser marketplace; I hope its
| influence on mobile browsing will be even bigger.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/151153

Mozilla Firefox 3.1 on Its Way to Setting Web Video Standard

,----[ Quote ]
| Firefox has a huge user base and acceptance from web developers, which
| theoretically makes Mozilla less vulnerable to submarine patent lawsuits, as
| companies would risk in terms of image if such actions were taken, as
| Mitchell Baker commented at the Products and Technology Roadmap Mozilla
| Summit session. Mike Shaver, Mozilla’s Interim VP of Engineering,
| added, "Somebody had to do it. It’s good it was us."
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Mozil...rd-91432.shtml

Mozilla Debuts Mobile Browser Alpha

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla late Thursday released the first public preview of its mobile
| browser, and took the unusual step of offering it in versions for desktop PCs
| and Macs to collect feedback.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/15242...ml?tk=rss_news

Firefox for Mobile: What you need to know

,----[ Quote ]
| How would you like to be among the first to get touchy-feely with the next
| mobile browser everyone's talking about? Mozilla's release of the Firefox for
| Mobile alpha code, code-named Fennec, grants that wish to users of the Nokia
| N810 and N800 Internet tablet (installation details here).
`----

http://www.download.com/8301-2007_4-...=2547-1_3-0-20

Firefox for Mobile: first screenshots!

,----[ Quote ]
| The Awesome Bar, which lets you search for pages intuitively and directly, is
| prominent, though can clearly be tidied away for a more screen estate for the
| web page itself.
`----

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-...nshots--475458

Mozilla plans mobile Firefox, plus 'public resource' usage data

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla's chief has set goals for the development of the open source project
| over the next two years, including the release of a mobile version of Firefox
| by 2010.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/09...ion_statement/

Mozilla's Mobile Firefox Targets Summer Release

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscente...r_release.html