[News] New Version of Wine, New Stable Linux - Linux

  1. [News] New Version of Wine, New Stable Linux

    The Wine development release 1.1.8 is now available.

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | What's new in this release (see below for details):
    | - Substantial parts of inetcomm implemented (for Outlook).
    | - Still better crypt32 support.
    | - Memory management improvements.
    | - Theming support for buttons.
    | - Various bug fixes.
    `----

    http://www.winehq.org/?announce=1.1.8

    Linux kernel 2.6.27.5 released

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Linux kernel version 2.6.27.5 has been released.
    `----

    http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linu...l.announce/548

    Recent:

    5 things you didn’t know about linux kernel code metrics

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | I started with writing a small script that:
    |
    | 1. downloads a 2.6.0 kernel, analyzes it using SLOCCount written by David
    | Wheeler
    | 2. patches to one step newer kernel and analyzes it using the same tool.
    | 3. goes to number 2 until patches run out at 2.6.26
    |
    | Just in case I also used a different tool called cloc to analyze the same
    | code. Word of comment on tools used is at the end of this post.
    |
    | This script ate 477MB of disk space with tarballs and bzipped patches.
    | 1. The kernel has just reached 6 millions lines with 2.6.26!
    | Linux kernel lines of code
    |
    | Linux kernel lines of code
    |
    | Yes, indeed, with 2.6.26 we’ve reached over 6 million lines of code. You can
    | see that on the chart on the right (click for a normal size version).
    |
    | Both SLOCCount and CLOC show similar results. What is interesting here is
    | that:
    |
    | * there’s over a million of blank lines,
    | * and a million lines of comments (which are of course important too),
    | * the code shows a faster-than-linear growth characteristic,
    | * if current speed is maintained I predict we might get 7 million with
    | 2.6.30 and 8 million with 2.6.33, just look at the forecast.
    `----

    http://linuxator.wordpress.com/2008/...-code-metrics/
    http://tinyurl.com/5p5cqh

    Related:

    Linux contributor base broadens

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | With more companies funding Linux work, the core hackers now delegate
    | 70% of the coding
    `----

    http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2007/...utor-base.html

    Amazing 3D view of linux kernels..

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | These are 3D renderings of dependencies in the Linux kernel source code.
    `----

    http://kerneltrap.org/node/14727

  2. Re: [News] New Version of Wine, New Stable Linux

    Roy Schestowitz writes:

    > The Wine development release 1.1.8 is now available.
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | What's new in this release (see below for details):
    > | - Substantial parts of inetcomm implemented (for Outlook).
    > | - Still better crypt32 support.
    > | - Memory management improvements.
    > | - Theming support for buttons.
    > | - Various bug fixes.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.winehq.org/?announce=1.1.8

    Hello Roy,

    this is great news for us all and I would like to thank you for your
    work on Wine. You are knowing more than me (as a programmer would of
    course) so can you help me making my games to work with Wine please. I
    was told they would work but they all crash and are not working. IN
    particular I wish to play stalker and Dead Space. But they are not
    working. Do you have a patch which can make them so. My sound is great
    on Linux and I have a powerful GeForce4 MX 460 which really rocks and is
    more powerful on Linux than on virus windows indeed it has pipelines and
    hardware textures. I would like to see Windows have those features.

    thanking you

    Jose

  3. Re: [News] New Version of Wine, New Stable Linux

    Can no on here please help? I am wondering now if these will work at all
    and not being told lies.

    Jose

    Ubuntu King writes:

    > Roy Schestowitz writes:
    >
    >> The Wine development release 1.1.8 is now available.
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >> | What's new in this release (see below for details):
    >> | - Substantial parts of inetcomm implemented (for Outlook).
    >> | - Still better crypt32 support.
    >> | - Memory management improvements.
    >> | - Theming support for buttons.
    >> | - Various bug fixes.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://www.winehq.org/?announce=1.1.8
    >>

    > Hello Roy,
    >
    > this is great news for us all and I would like to thank you for your
    > work on Wine. You are knowing more than me (as a programmer would of
    > course) so can you help me making my games to work with Wine please. I
    > was told they would work but they all crash and are not working. IN
    > particular I wish to play stalker and Dead Space. But they are not
    > working. Do you have a patch which can make them so. My sound is great
    > on Linux and I have a powerful GeForce4 MX 460 which really rocks and is
    > more powerful on Linux than on virus windows indeed it has pipelines and
    > hardware textures. I would like to see Windows have those features.
    >
    > thanking you
    >
    > Jose

  4. Re: [News] New Version of Wine, New Stable Linux

    'Ubuntu King' sock flatly wrote:

    > Roy Schestowitz writes:
    >
    >> The Wine development release 1.1.8 is now available.
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >> | What's new in this release (see below for details):
    >> | - Substantial parts of inetcomm implemented (for Outlook).
    >> | - Still better crypt32 support.
    >> | - Memory management improvements.
    >> | - Theming support for buttons.
    >> | - Various bug fixes.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://www.winehq.org/?announce=1.1.8
    >>

    > Hello Roy,
    >
    > this is great news for us all and I would like to thank you for your
    > work on Wine. You are knowing more than me

    Hello flat cake.

    > (as a programmer would of
    > course) so can you help me making my games to work with Wine please. I
    > was told they would work but they all crash and are not working. IN
    > particular I wish to play stalker and Dead Space. But they are not
    > working. Do you have a patch which can make them so. My sound is great
    > on Linux and I have a powerful GeForce4 MX 460 which really rocks and is
    > more powerful on Linux than on virus windows indeed it has pipelines and
    > hardware textures. I would like to see Windows have those features.

    Delete WINDUMMY OSen from your PC.
    Install Linux.
    Distros like Saurbraen and games liveCDs and LiveDVDs have plenty
    of good alternatives action packed 3D games.

    Linux has the highest frame rate x resolution envelope of the
    gaming world and as a result all the WINDUMMY games are a poor
    cousin of Linux gaming experience.

    http://www.livecdlist.com
    http://www.distrowatch.com

  5. Re: [News] New Version of Wine, New Stable Linux

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Ubuntu King belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > Can no on here please help? I am wondering now if these will work at all
    > and not being told lies.
    >
    > Jose

    What's up with all these motzarella posters from Hadron's time zone?

    --
    I've no regrets. I was sincere in everything I said.
    -- Former Iraqi Information Minister Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf,

  6. Re: [News] New Version of Wine, New Stable Linux

    Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

    > After takin' a swig o' grog, Ubuntu King belched out
    > this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >> Can no on here please help? I am wondering now if these will work at all
    >> and not being told lies.
    >>
    >> Jose

    > What's up with all these motzarella posters from Hadron's time zone?

    Hadron tries a "flatfish nymshift run"
    And, as flatfish failed each and every time, he does too.
    --
    Microsoft's Guide To System Design:
    It could be worse, but it'll take time.

  7. Re: [News] New Version of Wine, New Stable Linux

    Peter Khlmann wrote:
    > Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >
    >> What's up with all these motzarella posters from Hadron's
    >> time zone?

    > Hadron tries a "flatfish nymshift run" And, as flatfish failed
    > each and every time, he does too.

    Oh, you mean Hadron AKA Steve Townsend, Damian O'Leary, Hans
    Schneider? Yup.

    --
    HPT

  8. Re: [News] New Version of Wine, New Stable Linux

    "High Plains Thumper" schreef in bericht
    Peter Khlmann wrote:
    > Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >
    >> What's up with all these motzarella posters from Hadron's
    >> time zone?

    > Hadron tries a "flatfish nymshift run" And, as flatfish failed
    > each and every time, he does too.

    Oh, you mean Hadron AKA Steve Townsend, Damian O'Leary, Hans
    Schneider? Yup.

    ................. said, High Plains Thumper, HPT, Rafael, George Hostler,
    Wendy Toiletwater, Roberto Chavez, Robin T Cox and many more!
    --
    Signed!

    CitjzntamatHead-aetorlnsiylbm-ccynriei-ocodyaemcouiid-gvb-cneaaaegvomrane
    Bj1-il2n (ciRk Mhtraes) AKA Cwgloog,
    Ktozlue Sgopeectphefee, Hnas, Kiadatcha Mna, Peer Glveizeeer, Nmcdeoius
    Kaoewdkaonlt, Guozeinwes Sgeslmauemlmr, Aersne van Tyeiehustn, Dodteaus
    Kveunetantgr, Oelivir Aujnseagr, Quirunis Pkeipkenuls, Gadurs Kasnmanus,
    Brneed van het Auwashoeerl, Deuikrs van 't Lounhllef, Drek den Kotsoeslkl,
    Hentje Kaoktsemel, Aire Dblreeolonr, Wluulm Dlkrooogot, Peer van der
    Bgheiried, Arend Kvekiluleer, Manirus Preeuilkkr, Krael Kedoalreiatonr,
    Dnieagmn Skeuankebrs, Koubs Bnneanrais, Mnaus Somnpecilt, Jucoods
    Uytkbiucer, Aernse den Rode-kajtepnogeAnr, Deiusdrees van der Ktelneeuhof,
    Qrenuius van der Tzyheetiun, Gnzuies den Ssieitlerbuupl, Digeanmn
    Srekaknebus and oreths:

+ Reply to Thread