scripting with open offices applications - Linux

This is a discussion on scripting with open offices applications - Linux ; Hi guys, firstly thanks for flying the flag. Linux really rocks and I dont know why i was so wasting my time with Windows crap from Microsoft. Recently my friend told me that Ubuntu can do all Windows can more ...

  1. scripting with open offices applications

    Hi guys, firstly thanks for flying the flag. Linux really rocks and I
    dont know why i was so wasting my time with Windows crap from
    Microsoft. Recently my friend told me that Ubuntu can do all Windows
    can more with less viruses. Which is greats since viruses waste my
    productive time when I can be being more productive using great
    applications like firefox and compiz. So I deleted my Windows. The only
    problem I have is that my visual basic scripts for Word are crashing
    Open Office. My friend told me its because its ****ty visual rubbish but
    that Open Office can still do it fast and more stable than Windows. But
    I can not make any of it work. I keep getting a "core" file. Is it
    related to my games also not working? My friend told me Linux was a
    better gaming platform and that all my games would work with Wine. But
    they dont. When I asked him he said it was because I must configure
    wine properly. But I done know what to do so I ask here since you guys
    are helpful and know linux better than most people on the web who are
    trolls and when I asked him he said he did no play games since he was
    more power user of Linux and refused to discuss running windows crap
    games. So if you can please help me I will love Linux more. Also my
    desktop fonts are ugly and I know they can be better but how is that to
    be done? Ubuntu Hardy is installed. Do I need to install more fonts or
    buy a new video card?

    Thanks to you all,

    Jose.

  2. Re: scripting with open offices applications

    Ubuntu King flatly wrote:

    > Hi guys, firstly thanks for flying the flag. Linux really rocks and I
    > dont know why i was so wasting my time with Windows crap from
    > Microsoft. Recently my friend told me that Ubuntu can do all Windows
    > can more with less viruses. Which is greats since viruses waste my
    > productive time when I can be being more productive using great
    > applications like firefox and compiz. So I deleted my Windows. The only
    > problem I have is that my visual basic scripts for Word are crashing
    > Open Office.

    More illustration why its dangerous to be using micoshaft products.
    Not only are you demonstrating vendor lock in crap but the crap they
    sell causes ways in for viruses and the vb crap scripting language
    built into micoshaft products should not be carried over to ODF
    because of the virus dangers.

    Let this be a lesson to you to avoid micoshaft products at all cost
    Convert everything into ODF and be done with.

    > Jose.

    No problem flat cake,.. doh! I mean 'Jose'.

+ Reply to Thread