[News] Linus Torvalds Equates Software Licences to Politics - Linux

  2. Re: [News] Linus Torvalds Equates Software Licences to Politics

    > I personally feel (but I could be very wrong) that Linus fears a
    > situation where people start attribution this thing people call
    > "Linux" (not just the kernel) to Stallman, the [FSF] and the GNU GPL.

    A true Free Software developer wouldn't care. He wouldn't think of it as
    "my software". It's our software, especially after so many contributions
    from others.

    > It could affect finding from mega corporations.

    Why?

    > It takes a village...

    This is something Torvalds seems to have forgotten.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    `----

    01:12:13 up 4 days, 8:55, 3 users, load average: 4.25, 4.13, 3.79

  3. Re: Linus Torvalds Equates Software Licences to Politics

    On Nov 7, 7:17*pm, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Black and white
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | So I'm pretty well-known for not exactly being a huge fan of the FSF and
    > | Richard Stallman, despite the fact that I obviously love the GPLv2 and use it
    > | as the license for all my projects that I care about. *
    > `----
    >
    > http://torvalds-family.blogspot.com/...and-white.html
    >
    > Why is Linus afraid of Freedom? Is it money?

    Is money the antithesis of Freedom?

+ Reply to Thread