HowTo: develop histogram of picture - Linux

This is a discussion on HowTo: develop histogram of picture - Linux ; Hi there, I want to write code to show a histogram of some image data (C or C++ at the moment at xlib level). Which libraries would you suggest? Any comments welcome! Best regards ans thank you Johann...

  1. HowTo: develop histogram of picture

    Hi there,

    I want to write code to show a histogram of some image data (C or C++
    at the moment at xlib level).
    Which libraries would you suggest?

    Any comments welcome!

    Best regards
    ans thank you
    Johann

  2. Re: HowTo: develop histogram of picture

    horvat.johann@gmx.net wrote:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I want to write code to show a histogram of some image data (C or C++
    > at the moment at xlib level).
    > Which libraries would you suggest?

    It depends upon the image format. There's libpng, libtiff ...
    OTOH you may want to have a look at Image Magick. There's also a
    libmagick, but I don't know what it does.

    Josef Möllers (Pinguinpfleger bei FSC)