Windows rubbish leads to millions of patient records being exposed - Linux

This is a discussion on Windows rubbish leads to millions of patient records being exposed - Linux ; http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/07/bu...=1&oref=slogin Hackers have stolen millions of sensitive medical files, because of Windows crapware being unsafe at any speed. Now they're asking millions in ransom or threaten to dump the files on the Internet. Windows 7, I hate it already!!!...

  1. Windows rubbish leads to millions of patient records being exposed

    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/07/bu...=1&oref=slogin

    Hackers have stolen millions of sensitive medical files, because of Windows crapware being unsafe at any speed. Now they're asking millions in ransom or threaten to dump the files on the Internet.

    Windows 7, I hate it already!!!

  2. Re: Windows rubbish leads to millions of patient records being exposed

    Anonymous Remailer wrote:
    > http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/07/bu...=1&oref=slogin
    >
    > Hackers have stolen millions of sensitive medical files, because of Windows crapware being unsafe at any speed. Now they're asking millions in ransom or threaten to dump the files on the Internet.
    >
    > Windows 7, I hate it already!!!

    Your dead right to point this out you but it doesn't mention what OS was
    used in the article quoted.

  3. Re: Windows rubbish leads to millions of patient records being exposed

    Peter wrote:

    > Anonymous Remailer wrote:
    >> http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/07/bu...=1&oref=slogin
    >>
    >> Hackers have stolen millions of sensitive medical files, because of
    >> Windows crapware being unsafe at any speed. Now they're asking millions
    >> in ransom or threaten to dump the files on the Internet.
    >>
    >> Windows 7, I hate it already!!!
    >>

    > Your dead right to point this out you but it doesn't mention what OS was
    > used in the article quoted.

    Micoshaft can sue if you mention their product as having been the
    cause of data theft. Its not because they can win, its because they
    have too much money and power in their hands and are above the law
    and professional journalism.

  4. Re: Windows rubbish leads to millions of patient records being exposed

    On 2008-11-07, Peter claimed:
    > Anonymous Remailer wrote:
    >> http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/07/bu...=1&oref=slogin
    >>
    >> Hackers have stolen millions of sensitive medical files, because of Windows crapware being unsafe at any speed. Now they're asking millions in ransom or threaten to dump the files on the Internet.
    >>
    >> Windows 7, I hate it already!!!
    >>

    > Your dead right to point this out you but it doesn't mention what OS was
    > used in the article quoted.

    Indeed. This link says FS Big-IP, whatever that is:

    http://searchdns.netcraft.com/?posit...ss-scripts.com

    This one shows FS-Big-IP is running Apache:

    http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph?...ts.com&probe=1

    I figgered an honest person should point that out before Ewik or DuFuS
    did and made a big deal out of it not being pointed out.

    --
    Windows: Microsoft's tax on computer illiterates.

  5. Re: Windows rubbish leads to millions of patient records being exposed

    Sinister Midget wrote:

    > This one shows FS-Big-IP is running Apache:
    >
    > http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph?...ts.com&probe=1
    >
    > I figgered an honest person should point that out before Ewik or DuFuS
    > did and made a big deal out of it not being pointed out.

    Only, they don't have the technical know-how to find that information
    out, so their reply would probably be, "Yes, but, Linux crashes!"

    A complete argument.

+ Reply to Thread