Vista: 18 months, 180 million copies sold! - MS best selling product ever! - Linux

This is a discussion on Vista: 18 months, 180 million copies sold! - MS best selling product ever! - Linux ; "High Plains Thumper" schreef in bericht news:4914da17$0$17069$6e1ede2f@read.cnntp.org... > Clogwog (Rick Mathers) wrote: > >> Ha, ha, of course your right, despite all efforts of linux advocates to >> make us believe that linux is on the edge of a "major ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 22 of 22

  1. Re: Vista: 18 months, 180 million copies sold! - MS best selling product ever!

    "High Plains Thumper" schreef in bericht
    > Clogwog (Rick Mathers) wrote:
    >
    >> Ha, ha, of course your right, despite all efforts of linux advocates to
    >> make us believe that linux is on the edge of a "major breakthrough" in
    >> the desktop market. Since august Linux
    >> is going down again!
    >>
    >> http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp

    > Interesting, US (42% hits) and 1st world countries interests in Linux are
    > up.
    >
    > Oct-2008 - 3.8%
    > Nov-2003 - 2.6%
    > Net Gain - 1.2%
    >
    > Where is Flatfish's 0.6%?

    Other stat, I used the optimistic one for Linux!
    b.t.w.
    Congrats it's now 0.71%
    Next target is Windows NT
    http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=10

    > However, tallying all Windows in the chart:
    >
    > Oct-2008 - 90.7%
    > Nov-2003 - 93.7%
    > Net Loss - 3.0%
    >
    > Bummer, Windows.

  2. Re: Vista: 18 months, 180 million copies sold! - MS best sellingproduct ever!

    Clogwog (Rick Mathers) schreef:
    > "High Plains Thumper" schreef...
    >> Clogwog (Rick Mathers) wrote:
    >>
    >>> Ha, ha, of course your right, despite all efforts of linux
    >>> advocates to make us believe that linux is on the edge of
    >>> a "major breakthrough" in the desktop market. Since
    >>> august Linux is going down again!
    >>>
    >>> http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp

    >> Interesting, US (42% hits) and 1st world countries interests
    >> in Linux are up.
    >>
    >> Oct-2008 - 3.8%
    >> Nov-2003 - 2.6%
    >> Net Gain - 1.2%
    >>
    >> Where is Flatfish's 0.6%?

    > Other stat, I used the optimistic one for Linux! b.t.w.
    > Congrats it's now 0.71% Next target is Windows NT
    > http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=10

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....b3e2740941b0b3

    Spoken of July 2008, reprinted for all's edification:

    William Poaster wrote:
    > Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    >> Hadron wrote:

    >>> And this has to do with what OS people use how exactly?
    >>> You have lost the plot old son. Now maybe you know what I
    >>> meant be "bias" in this context. Do try to keep up.

    >> Nice deflect. Not. Keep spouting your 0.6%. Its about as
    >> valid as 3.6%. Or any other stat from one site.

    > As I said, an *English* speaking site. Linux distros are
    > produced in a great number of languages other than English.
    >
    > There was a report not long ago, of 55 million pupils in
    > Brazil now using linux, many of them may not even *speak*
    > English, so wouldn't even bother with the BBC website.
    >
    > Or how about Chinese, where it's estimated that 12% now use
    > some form of linux (mainly thanks to M$ antipiracy policy), &
    > many of whom *may* not speak English & (again) wouldn't bother
    > with the BBC website? It's estimated, BTW, that in 2008 an
    > estimated estimated 6 million computers that will be sold in
    > China's rural areas providing a big stage for Linux desktop
    > software. How many of those rural Chinese will be able to
    > speak English, & log onto the BBC's website? Probably about as
    > many as a Glawegian road sweeper logging onto this:
    > http://www.bjd.com.cn/
    >
    > And so on, & so on.....
    >
    > So website stats don't mean zip. They are *only* valid for the
    > people who visit it & speak *that* language.

    Well put. Linux has considerable worldwide presence outside the
    US. Hadron supports the trolls with their failed logic, which
    goes to show that he is not a serious Linux user and is only here
    to denigrate Linux advocacy.

    As Linux grows by leaps and bounds, the trolls keep singing their
    mantra that it remains at under 1%, that Microsoft is not a
    monopoly, that Microsoft makes the best products, that "how dare
    you criticise Microsoft's home grown goodness" (DFS), that the EU
    is inconsiderate and unfair with their judgments, that the more
    than adequate KDE (among others) desktops are inadequate, and ad
    nauseum. [...]

    They are all in a state of denial.

    --
    HPT