Linux crapware: two-for-one on mouse clicks - Linux

This is a discussion on Linux crapware: two-for-one on mouse clicks - Linux ; "On a one-monitor setup the mouse works fine, but with two monitors every mouse click is done twice, which is very annoying." http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?t=29932 It's just priceless! How bad does it get?...

  1. Linux crapware: two-for-one on mouse clicks

    "On a one-monitor setup the mouse works fine, but with two monitors
    every mouse click is done twice, which is very annoying."

    http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?t=29932

    It's just priceless! How bad does it get?

  2. Re: Linux crapware: two-for-one on mouse clicks

    So your masters at microsoft pay you to go to various Linux
    help sites, find someone who has a proble, and post it in
    comp.os.linux.advocacy as if that has anything to do with how
    good linux is, and as if Windows users never have problems.

    That's like buying a $50 used car and then when it breaks down
    concluding that all internal combustion engines are unreliable.

  3. Micoshaft funded Turd Burglars in action (TM)

    Micoshaft asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock DFS
    wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Department of Marketing:

    > "On a one-monitor setup the mouse works fine, but with two monitors
    > every mouse click is done twice, which is very annoying."
    >
    > http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?t=29932
    >

    > It's just priceless! How bad does it get?

    Yes it is pricesless all these micoshaft funded
    turd burglars in action. And just how bad can it get?

    Can you believe this crap - micoshaft is funding asstroturfers
    to go steal tech support material and post it into
    usenet newsgroups and engage in net abuse because they have nothing else
    left to whine about.

    Never mind the 400 million windummy PCs that are infected
    and spewing up spam all day. That situation unrepairable.

    No anti-virus companies or micoshaft and all its partners
    can can beat virus writers - because there are more
    virus writers churning out viruses faster than releases PER DAY.

    The answer is simple.
    Delete windummy OSen from ALL PCs and install free Linux.

    http://www.livecdlist.com
    http://www.distrowatch.com
    http://www.ubuntu.com

    Watch lots videos http://www.youtube.com search for compiz,
    ubuntu etc and see it all - much more superior
    technology than WINDUMMIES or Appil crap have to offer.

  4. Re: Linux crapware: two-for-one on mouse clicks

    On 2008-11-07, DFS wrote:
    > "On a one-monitor setup the mouse works fine, but with two monitors
    > every mouse click is done twice, which is very annoying."
    >
    > http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?t=29932
    >

    > It's just priceless! How bad does it get?

    ....this reminds me. I have to go over to my mother-in-laws
    house and figure out why the mouse on her new Vista machine
    has decided to go off into la-la land.

    --
    How did irc manage to get so pretentious about civility |||
    of discourse when it doesn't even allow for the free and / | \

  5. Re: Micoshaft funded Turd Burglars in action (TM)

    After takin' a swig o' grog, 7 belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > Micoshaft asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock DFS
    > wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Department of Marketing:
    >
    >> "On a one-monitor setup the mouse works fine, but with two monitors
    >> every mouse click is done twice, which is very annoying."
    >>
    >> http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?t=29932
    >>
    >> It's just priceless! How bad does it get?

    > Yes it is pricesless all these micoshaft funded
    > turd burglars in action. And just how bad can it get?

    Interesting. Only 1 reply. No discussion.

    My guess is, at best, the original poster had a brain fart and was too
    ashamed to post a follow-up.

    Who knows, though, the problem seems so incredibly unlikely that it could
    just be a fake.

    DFS would have you think he's a hard-working consultant who commands high
    fees and lives the life o' Reilly writing Windows software. But he seems to
    spend most of his time fishing the Ubuntu forums for problems.

    --
    Enzymes are things invented by biologists that explain things which
    otherwise require harder thinking.

  6. Re: Micoshaft funded Turd Burglars in action (TM)

    On 2008-11-07, Chris Ahlstrom claimed:

    > DFS would have you think he's a hard-working consultant who commands high
    > fees and lives the life o' Reilly writing Windows software. But he seems to
    > spend most of his time fishing the Ubuntu forums for problems.

    I'm sure he *does* command high fees, in between moving burgers in and
    out of the microwave. That would be $7.75 vs. the $7.45 the other BK
    mutants get.

    --
    I used to be all over Windows. Now I'm *really* over Windows!

  7. Re: Micoshaft funded Turd Burglars in action (TM)

    Verily I say unto thee, that Chris Ahlstrom spake thusly:

    > DFS would have you think he's a hard-working consultant who commands
    > high fees and lives the life o' Reilly writing Windows software. But
    > he seems to spend most of his time fishing the Ubuntu forums for
    > problems.

    It's rather curious, that someone so ostensibly successful and confident
    of his chosen path, would waste so much of his precious time frantically
    trying to discredit an alternative platform, that's supposedly no threat
    to him at all.

    The only possible conclusions are, that driven by malice and greed he is
    deeply insecure about his prospects in a future unlikely to be conducive
    to the kind of exploitation he and his gangster heroes need to practice,
    in order to fulfil that perverted obsession with malice and greed ... or
    that he is in fact being paid by Microsoft to sabotage the competition -
    which really amounts to the same thing. The only other conclusion is; he
    really doesn't have anything better to do, because his claims of success
    are pure fiction, and he is fact some lowlife white-trash who lives from
    hand to mouth, fantasising about the American Dream of destroying others
    lives in order to hoard all that he covets to himself, to compensate for
    his otherwise shallow and meaningless life. Either way, he is an immoral
    thug, with deeply misguided principles, and a rather proud and dedicated
    commitment to do evil. At the very depths of humanity, is the worst scum
    on earth, and DooFuS is the mould that grows on the **** that gets stuck
    to their shoes.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    `----

    02:50:37 up 2 days, 10:33, 4 users, load average: 0.08, 0.07, 0.01

  8. Re: Micoshaft funded Turd Burglars in action (TM)

    Sinister Midget wrote:
    > On 2008-11-07, Chris Ahlstrom claimed:
    >
    >> DFS would have you think he's a hard-working consultant who commands
    >> high fees and lives the life o' Reilly writing Windows software.

    It's not as exciting as it sounds.

    And why would you doubt me, numbnuts?

    >> But he seems to spend most of his time fishing the Ubuntu forums for
    >> problems.

    Yeah, those 3 Ubuntu crapware posts take hours each day...

    > I'm sure he *does* command high fees, in between moving burgers in and
    > out of the microwave. That would be $7.75 vs. the $7.45 the other BK
    > mutants get.

    Learn some VBA code and maybe you can rise up and your 8-year old son will
    quit scoffing at you.

    'VALIDATION
    If IsNull(Me.listPerfData) Or IsNull(Me.listView) Or
    IsNull(Me.listRptPeriod) Or IsNull(Me.listYearMonth) Then
    MsgBox "Choose a View, Period and Month Ending", , sysTitle
    Exit Sub
    End If

    'BUILD QUERY TO EXPORT
    'BASE COLUMNS
    cTxt = "SELECT REST_CD AS RCode, REST_NM AS [Restaurant], REST_ST as State,
    "
    cTxt = cTxt & "REST_CHAIN AS Chain,
    cTxt = cTxt & "REG_MGR AS [Region Mgr],
    cTxt = cTxt & "AREA_MGR AS [Area Mgr],
    cTxt = cTxt & "REST_MGR AS [Restaurant Mgr],

    'COLUMNS TO EXPORT
    cSQL = "SELECT V.Performance, V.DataView, V.ColOrder, V.ColName,
    C.ColLabelCaption, C.ColFormat, C.ColDecimals "
    cSQL = cSQL & "FROM SystemDataColumns C INNER JOIN SystemDataColumnsView V
    ON C.ColName = V.ColName "
    cSQL = cSQL & "WHERE V.Performance = '" & Me.listPerfData & "' "
    cSQL = cSQL & "AND V.DataView = '" & Me.listView & "' "
    cSQL = cSQL & "ORDER BY V.ColOrder;"
    Set rs = db.OpenRecordset(cSQL)
    If rs.RecordCount > 0 Then
    Do Until rs.EOF
    If rs("ColName") <> rs("ColLabelCaption") Then
    cTxt = cTxt & rs("ColName") & " AS [" & rs("ColLabelCaption") & "], "
    Else
    cTxt = cTxt & "[" & rs("ColName") & "], "
    End If
    rs.MoveNext
    Loop
    End If
    rs.Close
    Set rs = Nothing

    cTxt = Trim(cTxt)
    cTxt = Left(cTxt, Len(cTxt) - 1)

    'PARSE THE FROM CLAUSE OF THE SUBFORM RECORDSOURCE
    cTxt = cTxt & " " & Mid(Me.SF_DATA.Form.RecordSource, 10)
    Call UpdateQuery("DataExport", cTxt)

    'CREATE NAME OF DESTINATION FILE
    cTxt = "Data_"

    If Me.listPerfData = "Summaries" Then
    cTxt = cTxt & "Summary"
    ElseIf Me.listPerfData = "Surveys" Then
    cTxt = cTxt & "Scores"
    Else
    cTxt = cTxt & Me.listPerfData
    End If

    cTxt = cTxt & "_"

    If Me.listView = "PY" Then
    cTxt = cTxt & "PriorYear"
    ElseIf Me.listView = "Tgt" Then
    cTxt = cTxt & "Target"
    Else
    cTxt = cTxt & Me.listView
    End If

    cTxt = cTxt & "_" & Format(Date, "YYYYMMDD") & ".xls"

    'CHOOSE DESTINATION FOLDER
    Dim dlgSaveAs As FileDialog, cSaveLoc As String
    Set dlgSaveAs =
    Application.FileDialog(DialogType:=msoFileDialogFo lderPicker)
    dlgSaveAs.Title = "Select Folder For Data Exports"
    dlgSaveAs.Show
    cSaveLoc = dlgSaveAs.SelectedItems(1)
    If Right(cSaveLoc, 1) <> "\" Then cSaveLoc = cSaveLoc & "\"

    'FULL FILE PATH AND NAME
    cTxt = cSaveLoc & cTxt

    'DOES FILE EXIST
    If Dir(cTxt) <> "" Then
    response = MsgBox("File " & cTxt & " already exists. Overwrite?",
    vbYesNo, sysTitle)
    If response = vbNo Then
    Exit Sub
    End If
    Kill cTxt
    End If

    'EXPORT TO EXCEL
    DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9, "DataExport",
    cTxt, True

    'FORMAT EXCEL SHEET
    If Dir(cTxt) <> "" Then
    Call formatExcel(cTxt, "DataExport")
    End If

    'OPEN FILE ON SCREEN
    Call launchFile(cTxt, WIN_MAX)

  9. Re: Micoshaft funded Turd Burglars in action (TM)

    Homer wrote:

    > Verily I say unto thee, that Chris Ahlstrom spake thusly:
    >
    >> DFS would have you think he's a hard-working consultant who commands
    >> high fees and lives the life o' Reilly writing Windows software. But
    >> he seems to spend most of his time fishing the Ubuntu forums for
    >> problems.

    > It's rather curious, that someone so ostensibly successful and confident
    > of his chosen path, would waste so much of his precious time frantically
    > trying to discredit an alternative platform, that's supposedly no threat
    > to him at all.
    >
    > The only possible conclusions are, that driven by malice and greed he is
    > deeply insecure about his prospects in a future unlikely to be conducive
    > to the kind of exploitation he and his gangster heroes need to practice,
    > in order to fulfil that perverted obsession with malice and greed ... or
    > that he is in fact being paid by Microsoft to sabotage the competition -
    > which really amounts to the same thing. The only other conclusion is; he
    > really doesn't have anything better to do, because his claims of success
    > are pure fiction, and he is fact some lowlife white-trash who lives from
    > hand to mouth, fantasising about the American Dream of destroying others
    > lives in order to hoard all that he covets to himself, to compensate for
    > his otherwise shallow and meaningless life. Either way, he is an immoral
    > thug, with deeply misguided principles, and a rather proud and dedicated
    > commitment to do evil. At the very depths of humanity, is the worst scum
    > on earth, and DooFuS is the mould that grows on the **** that gets stuck
    > to their shoes.

    i would say that it would be that DFS is a paid shill. he has been posting
    his derogetory **** in this group for over two years.
    sociopaths usually don't have a long attention span & would have ventured
    elsewhere in a short period of time.
    i am quite certain that all the trolls in this group are paid shills.

  10. Re: Micoshaft funded Turd Burglars in action (TM)

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Robert belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > i would say that it would be that DFS is a paid shill. he has been posting
    > his derogetory **** in this group for over two years.

    Much longer than two years!

    http://www.archivum.info/comp.os.lin.../msg04220.html

    Re: Happy 4th cola anniversary, DFS!

    Read the hi kwality advocacy from these turds (DFS, Moshe, AqD, and Hadron)
    for yourself, if you don't mind bringing up a little barf again.

    > sociopaths usually don't have a long attention span & would have ventured
    > elsewhere in a short period of time.
    > i am quite certain that all the trolls in this group are paid shills.

    Or they are extremely compulsive assholes. (With us as their "enablers").

    --
    At no time is freedom of speech more precious than when a man hits his
    thumb with a hammer.

  11. Re: Linux crapware: two-for-one on mouse clicks

    Robert wrote:

    > i would say that it would be that DFS is a paid shill. he has been
    > posting his derogetory **** in this group for over two years.

    Nearly 4.5 years.

    Linux and its "advocates*" continue to deserve all the derogatory ****, too.
    See thread title for example.

    > sociopaths usually don't have a long attention span

    How would you know, bozo?

    > & would have
    > ventured elsewhere in a short period of time.
    > i am quite certain that all the trolls in this group are paid shills.

    Yeah, we're all paid $600 per post

    You'd have to be stupid to do this for money. Haranguing cola idiots is a
    labor of love.

  12. Re: Linux crapware: two-for-one on mouse clicks

    DFS wrote:

    > Robert wrote:
    >
    >> i would say that it would be that DFS is a paid shill. he has been
    >> posting his derogetory **** in this group for over two years.

    > Nearly 4.5 years.
    >
    > Linux and its "advocates*" continue to deserve all the derogatory ****,
    > too. See thread title for example.

    Linux advocacy is definitely not what it used to be.

    Ring 911 and call the police!!!!

    The drugs are definitely not working for you.
    Eat stronger drugs and drink alcohol to calm the nerves
    and then sue miccoshaft for all your money problems
    for all the hard work only you can do.
    Hey it worked for others!

    And check this out...
    If the police don't do your bidding, then you are within
    your rights to march into the police station with a gun
    and deputize everyone to your cause and then they MUST
    do as you say.

    >> sociopaths usually don't have a long attention span

    > How would you know, bozo?

    Why ask?
    You proved his point many times.

  13. Re: Micoshaft funded Turd Burglars in action (TM)

    DFS wrote:

    > 'OPEN FILE ON SCREEN
    > Call launchFile(cTxt, WIN_MAX)
    > ================================================== ===

    Way to go putting comments in all-caps so that nobody can read them.

  14. Re: Micoshaft funded Turd Burglars in action (TM)

    After takin' a swig o' grog, DFS belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > Sinister Midget wrote:
    >
    >> I'm sure he *does* command high fees, in between moving burgers in and
    >> out of the microwave. That would be $7.75 vs. the $7.45 the other BK
    >> mutants get.

    > Learn some VBA code and maybe you can rise up and your 8-year old son will
    > quit scoffing at you.
    >
    > ================================================== ===
    > 'VALIDATION
    > If IsNull(Me.listPerfData) Or IsNull(Me.listView) Or
    > IsNull(Me.listRptPeriod) Or IsNull(Me.listYearMonth) Then
    > MsgBox "Choose a View, Period and Month Ending", , sysTitle
    > Exit Sub
    > End If
    >

    > ================================================== ===

    All that code just to pop up the following prompt on the BK cash-register
    screen:

    Don't forget to ask! "You want fries with that?"

    Damn, I wish I was a he-man coder like DFS. I'll bet his thunderous thews
    flex like snakes under his skin as he types.

    --
    How wonderful opera would be if there were no singers.

  15. Re: Micoshaft funded Turd Burglars in action (TM)

    Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

    > Much longer than two years!
    >
    > http://www.archivum.info/comp.os.lin.../msg04220.html
    >
    > Re: Happy 4th cola anniversary, DFS!

    i figured that it was over two years at least. ether way, that is a long
    time for a troll to stay in the same group.

    > Read the hi kwality advocacy from these turds (DFS, Moshe, AqD, and
    > Hadron) for yourself, if you don't mind bringing up a little barf again.

    i do not see posts from these cretins since i filter all post from
    Motzerrella, Aioe, Astraweb, & other rogue nntp servers.

    >> sociopaths usually don't have a long attention span & would have ventured
    >> elsewhere in a short period of time.
    >> i am quite certain that all the trolls in this group are paid shills.

    > Or they are extremely compulsive assholes. (With us as their "enablers").

    i agree.

  16. Re: Micoshaft funded Turd Burglars in action (TM)

    On 2008-11-09, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >> ================================================== ===
    >> 'VALIDATION
    >> If IsNull(Me.listPerfData) Or IsNull(Me.listView) Or
    >> IsNull(Me.listRptPeriod) Or IsNull(Me.listYearMonth) Then
    >> MsgBox "Choose a View, Period and Month Ending", , sysTitle
    >> Exit Sub
    >> End If
    >>

    >> ================================================== ===

    > All that code just to pop up the following prompt on the BK cash-register
    > screen:
    >
    > Don't forget to ask! "You want fries with that?"
    >
    > Damn, I wish I was a he-man coder like DFS. I'll bet his thunderous thews
    > flex like snakes under his skin as he types.

    Oh stop it! You are getting me hot!!

    --
    Regards,

    Gregory.
    Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power

  17. Re: Micoshaft funded Turd Burglars in action (TM)

    On Sat, 08 Nov 2008 22:40:19 -0500, none of your buisiness wrote:

    > Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >>

    >> Much longer than two years!
    >>
    >> http://www.archivum.info/comp.os.lin.../msg04220.html
    >>
    >> Re: Happy 4th cola anniversary, DFS!

    > i figured that it was over two years at least. ether way, that is a long
    > time for a troll to stay in the same group.
    >>
    >> Read the hi kwality advocacy from these turds (DFS, Moshe, AqD, and
    >> Hadron) for yourself, if you don't mind bringing up a little barf again.

    > i do not see posts from these cretins since i filter all post from
    > Motzerrella, Aioe, Astraweb, & other rogue nntp servers.

    Heh, heh. After a post like that, you'll have Hardon Quack claiming you're
    my sock! ;-)

    (Well the troll never could read headers properly)

    --
    Most people are sheep. *
    Microsoft is very effective

    William Poaster writes:

    > On Sat, 08 Nov 2008 22:40:19 -0500, none of your buisiness wrote:
    >
    >> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >>>

    >>> Much longer than two years!
    >>>
    >>> http://www.archivum.info/comp.os.lin.../msg04220.html
    >>>
    >>> Re: Happy 4th cola anniversary, DFS!

    >> i figured that it was over two years at least. ether way, that is a long
    >> time for a troll to stay in the same group.
    >>>
    >>> Read the hi kwality advocacy from these turds (DFS, Moshe, AqD, and
    >>> Hadron) for yourself, if you don't mind bringing up a little barf again.

    >> i do not see posts from these cretins since i filter all post from
    >> Motzerrella, Aioe, Astraweb, & other rogue nntp servers.

    > Heh, heh. After a post like that, you'll have Hardon Quack claiming you're
    > my sock! ;-)

    He'd have to become considerably less interesting and even more stupid
    before anyone would think he is a sock of yours.

    > (Well the troll never could read headers properly)

    You're clueless. Headers can be forged.

    >>> Or they are extremely compulsive assholes. (With us as their "enablers").
    >>>

    >> i agree.

+ Reply to Thread