Adventures In Crapware: it's literally a Tower of Babel - Linux

This is a discussion on Adventures In Crapware: it's literally a Tower of Babel - Linux ; "So on Hardy I had English US as my main language, but also had Italian, French, and Chinese available. Upon upgrading to Ibex, bash started going in French as well as a few KDE things (apt, some notifications). What gives ...

  1. Adventures In Crapware: it's literally a Tower of Babel

    "So on Hardy I had English US as my main language, but also had Italian,
    French, and Chinese available. Upon upgrading to Ibex, bash started going in
    French as well as a few KDE things (apt, some notifications). What gives and
    how do I fix this? I checked /etc/environment and the locale seems right
    there."

    How do you spell slopware in French

  2. Re: Adventures In Crapware: it's literally a Tower of Babel

    DFS wrote:

    > How do you spell slopware in French

    D-F-S.

    --
    HPT

  3. Re: Adventures In Crapware: it's literally a Tower of Babel

    On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 08:22:25 -0700, High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > DFS wrote:
    >
    >> How do you spell slopware in French

    > D-F-S.

    Micro$oft.

    --
    Most people are sheep. *
    Microsoft is very effective

  4. Re: Adventures In Crapware: it's literally a Tower of Babel

    So your masters at microsoft pay you to go to various Linux
    help sites, find someone who has a proble, and post it in
    comp.os.linux.advocacy as if that has anything to do with how
    good linux is, and as if Windows users never have problems.

    That's like finding a taco stand that serves you a bad taco
    and then concluding that all foriegn food is bad.

  5. Re: Adventures In Crapware: it's literally a Tower of Babel

    High Plains Thumper wrote:

    >Troll was replying to you in its usual, nasty, vulgar faecal stream.

    Not sure why anyone bothers to click-on and read a message from "the
    chemical name"...

  6. Re: Adventures In Crapware: it's literally a Tower of Babel

    On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 16:01:49 -0600, chrisv wrote:

    > High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >
    >>Troll was replying to you in its usual, nasty, vulgar faecal stream.

    > Not sure why anyone bothers to click-on and read a message from "the
    > chemical name"...

    According to HPT's headers it was posting through casema.nl. You can guess
    why it was wasting its time replying to me. ;-)

    --
    Most people are sheep. *
    Microsoft is very effective
    at fleecing the flockers.

  7. Re: Adventures In Crapware: it's literally a Tower of Babel

    William Poaster wrote:
    > chrisv wrote:
    >> High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >>
    >>> Troll was replying to you in its usual, nasty, vulgar
    >>> faecal stream.

    >> Not sure why anyone bothers to click-on and read a message
    >> from "the chemical name"...

    > According to HPT's headers it was posting through casema.nl.
    > You can guess why it was wasting its time replying to me. ;-)

    The ektometer was pegged, it was time to do the Buffy vampire
    thing and hang out the garlic cloves.

    --
    HPT

  8. Re: Adventures In Crapware: it's literally a Tower of Babel

    "William Poaster" schreef in bericht
    newsan.2008.11.07.23.06.42.693486@mc2-brunel.deb...
    > On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 16:01:49 -0600, chrisv wrote:
    >
    >> High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >>
    >>>Troll was replying to you in its usual, nasty, vulgar faecal stream.

    >> Not sure why anyone bothers to click-on and read a message from "the
    >> chemical name"...

    > According to HPT's headers it was posting through casema.nl. You can guess
    > why it was wasting its time replying to me. ;-)

    casema.nl, Oh dear, now you got me, you stupid ****!

  9. Re: Adventures In Crapware: it's literally a Tower of Babel

    schreef in bericht

    > So your masters at microsoft pay you to go to various Linux
    > help sites, find someone who has a proble, and post it in
    > comp.os.linux.advocacy as if that has anything to do with how
    > good linux is, and as if Windows users never have problems.
    >
    > That's like finding a taco stand that serves you a bad taco
    > and then concluding that all foriegn food is bad.

    Some "taco's" in Cola are bad!, wrong advocates and read the *official* COLA
    FAQ!
    PLEASE VISIT OUR HALL OF LINUX IDIOTS:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    http://groups.google.nl/group/comp.o...&output=gplain