Adventures In Crapware: sudden hard-freezes are "quite alarming" - Linux

This is a discussion on Adventures In Crapware: sudden hard-freezes are "quite alarming" - Linux ; "It's been fine since the fresh install last week, but suddenly I'm experiencing these complete freezes of the OS. Nothing responds - I've tried resetting the X server with ctrl-alt-backspace, and also alt-printscreen-REISUB, but nothing other than a hard reset ...

  1. Adventures In Crapware: sudden hard-freezes are "quite alarming"

    "It's been fine since the fresh install last week, but suddenly I'm
    experiencing these complete freezes of the OS. Nothing responds - I've tried
    resetting the X server with ctrl-alt-backspace, and also
    alt-printscreen-REISUB, but nothing other than a hard reset will do. The
    mouse freezes, the keyboard won't respond, and my little system monitor
    applet on the panel also freezes. It's quite alarming..."

    Linux jus

  2. Re: Adventures In Crapware: sudden hard-freezes are "quite alarming"

    So your masters at microsoft pay you to go to various Linux
    help sites, find someone who has a proble, and post it in
    comp.os.linux.advocacy as if that has anything to do with how
    good linux is, and as if Windows users never have problems.

    That's like finding a bar that serves you warm flat beer
    and then concluding that all alchoholic beverages are bad.

+ Reply to Thread