Infobright, Talend Forge Open Source Technology Partnership

,----[ Quote ]
| Infobright, an open source data warehousing company, and Talend, a provider
| of open source data integration software, reportedly have entered into a
| technology partnership.

Hyperic Chooses LoopFuse to Strengthen Customer Outreach and Boost Sales

,----[ Quote ]
| "Companies like Hyperic depend on web to drive their business. Essentially
| the web opens their storefront to anyone regardless of geography, and creates
| a flood of interested parties," said Roy Russo, LoopFuse CEO. "Sales can
| quickly become overwhelmed by the volume. LoopFuse helps both marketing and
| sales professionals focus attention on the right leads at the right time, and
| optimize pipeline and revenue results."

We hire. They fire.

,----[ Quote ]
| Over 2008, *we have seen our employee ranks increase by 30% and demand for
| our marketing automation suite has never been higher. It is evident that
| during times of economic uncertainty, now more than ever, marketers are
| hungry for a low-cost, high-return, and easy-to-use product in the marketing
| automation space. So the build-out continues with key hires in executive
| positions and game-changing product innovations in 2009.

Open-Xchange Secures Funding, Charts Plans for Growth

,----[ Quote ]
| Today, Open-Xchange must be feeling quite optimistic, as it announced it's
| just closed a round of venture funding totaling $9 million and has four times
| the number of paid mailboxes now than it did last year. The company is
| focusing on a decidedly rosy looking future.

Credit crunch moves business to adopt open source

,----[ Quote ]
| “The world is undergoing serious economic turbulence, but at a time when
| businesses know they simply cannot terminate IT projects, open source
| software providers the perfect solution,” claimed John Powell, Alfresco chief
| executive.
| He said that with open source, public and private sector companies resisted
| the demands of proprietary vendors, created a flexible infrastructure as well
| as lower IT spend.

Economics of open source remains an academic challenge

,----[ Quote ]
| When I’m looking for open source economic theories my go-to guy is Bruce
| Perens, who has written eloquently on the subject. But he’s not an academic
| economist. Economists don’t usually hand out their top awards to computer
| programmers.

Open sauce Alfresco has its best ever quarter

,----[ Quote ]
| ALFRESCO SOFTWARE announced its strongest ever quarterly financial results
| today, reporting that customer interest has increased during the global
| economic downturn as organisations turn to more cost effective and scalable
| open source software products.

Zenoss Announces Record Quarterly Customer Growth amid Struggling Economy

,----[ Quote ]
| Commercial open source IT management firm grows 85 percent quarter over
| quarter

Compiere Closes Third Quarter with Continued Global Expansion and 195 Percent

,----[ Quote ]
| Compiere, Inc., the global leader in open source business solutions, this
| week closed a strong third quarter during which the company reports a 195
| percent revenue growth for Q3 2008 compared to Q3 2007, as well as a 59
| percent growth in subscribers. In addition, the company continued its global
| expansion by adding partners in North America, Europe, Middle East and
| Africa, and Asia Pacific regions.

Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)