Top 3 Mozilla Firefox 4 Features For Next Generation Browsing Experience

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla Firefox needs no special mention to anyone who is associated with
| internet. Perhaps the fastest and most reliable browser in this world is the
| most popular one too as they achieved the Guiness Book of World Records for
| most download in a single day. The key to their success has been continuous
| improvement of the browser and large committed group of high-quality
| developers, which Mozilla Foundation could cheaply leverage due to the open
| source nature of the product. Mozilla Foundation surely do not believe in
| resting on their laurels. Mozilla Firefox 4 suits the idiom perfectly as it
| is coming up with some features we could have never imagined in a browser. So
| let us sneak into that world.
`----

http://blog.taragana.com/index.php/a...lla-firefox-4/

Tree now closed for Firefox 3.1 Beta 2 “slushy freeze”

,----[ Quote ]
| The tree will be held closed until at least Tuesday of next week as the
| Firefox 3.1 and Gecko 1.9.1 teams fix regressions and polish things up for
| the beta. At that point we will branch for release and return the
| mozilla-central tree to normal sheriff control while we enforce stricter
| controls on the Firefox 3.1/Gecko 1.9.1 branch. The exact branching mechanism
| is to be decided - watch mozilla.dev.planning for discussion.
`----

https://developer.mozilla.org/devnew...fox-31-beta-2/

How Can I Sync My Firefox Installations?

,----[ Quote ]
| As it turns out, there are several ways you can go about syncing Firefox so
| that you've got the exact same browser—history, extension, bookmarks,
| passwords, and all—no matter where you're working.
`----

http://lifehacker.com/5072638/how-ca...-installations

Related:

Firefox memory usage and memory leak news

,----[ Quote ]
| Many Mozilla community members, including both volunteers and Mozilla
| Corporation employees, have been helping to reduce Firefox's memory usage and
| fix memory leak bugs lately. Hopefully, the result of this effort will be
| that Firefox 3 uses less memory than Firefox 2 did, especially after it has
| been used for several hours. * *
`----

http://www.squarefree.com/2007/09/20...ory-leak-news/

“Beautiful” tab switching for Firefox 3

,----[ Quote ]
| Performance-wise, CPU usage spiked from 2-3% to 45-50% during high speed tab
| switching (that is, I kept Ctrl + Tab pressed for a while), but immediately
| went back to previous cool 2-3% usage. *
|
| Firefox 3 Beta 1 is expected within the next couple of weeks.
`----

http://cybercapital.org/index.php/20...for-firefox-3/

Firefox 3: A look at its new security features

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla Firefox is one of the most popular Web browsers around today. But
| what does the Mozilla team have in store for us along security lines?
`----

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/security/?p=284

Update on the Firefox 3 Linux Theme

,----[ Quote ]