Yahoo CEO (Yang) now needs MS to buy Yahoo - Linux

This is a discussion on Yahoo CEO (Yang) now needs MS to buy Yahoo - Linux ; Now that Google walked away from Yahoo and ditched them the CEO of Yahoo (Yang) wants MSFT to come back and rescue the company. SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - After nearly a year spent seeking alternatives to Microsoft Corp's buyout offer, ...

  1. Yahoo CEO (Yang) now needs MS to buy Yahoo

    Now that Google walked away from Yahoo and ditched them the CEO of Yahoo
    (Yang) wants MSFT to come back and rescue the company.

    SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - After nearly a year spent seeking alternatives to
    Microsoft Corp's buyout offer, Yahoo Inc's Chief Executive Jerry Yang said
    he believes a deal between the two is still the best option for the
    beleaguered Internet company.

    "People who know me know I don't have an ego about remaining independent
    versus not remaining independent," the embattled executive told the
    gathering.

    Yang also said he remains "open-minded" about selling Yahoo's search
    business to Microsoft, but noted that there was no "new news" on talks
    between the two companies.

    http://tech.yahoo.com/news/nm/200811...ahoo_microsoft

  2. Re: Yahoo CEO (Yang) now needs MS to buy Yahoo

    Ezekiel wrote:
    > Now that Google walked away from Yahoo and ditched them the CEO of Yahoo
    > (Yang) wants MSFT to come back and rescue the company.
    >

    > SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - After nearly a year spent seeking alternatives to
    > Microsoft Corp's buyout offer, Yahoo Inc's Chief Executive Jerry Yang said
    > he believes a deal between the two is still the best option for the
    > beleaguered Internet company.
    >
    > "People who know me know I don't have an ego about remaining independent
    > versus not remaining independent," the embattled executive told the
    > gathering.
    >
    > Yang also said he remains "open-minded" about selling Yahoo's search
    > business to Microsoft, but noted that there was no "new news" on talks
    > between the two companies.
    >

    > http://tech.yahoo.com/news/nm/200811...ahoo_microsoft

    All this will do is make google stronger. MS have the well documented
    anti midas touch with search and if a buyout is Yahoo's "best option"
    then wtf is the attraction of the deal?

+ Reply to Thread