EVE Online: Quantum Rise expansion coming Nov. 11

,----[ Quote ]
| CCP Games has announced November 11, 2008 as the release date for the latest
| expansion to EVE Online, its Massively Multiplayer Online Game (MMOG) for Mac
| OS X, Windows and Linux. The expansion, called Quantum Rise, will be a free
| download for all players upon release.
`----

http://www.macworld.com/article/136575/eve.html

Recent:

Eve Online Source Code Leaked

,----[ Quote ]
| Full source code for the client for popular MMORPG Eve Online was made
| available recently via BitTorrent on The Pirate Bay. *Along with the torrent,
| the user posts a chat transcript with a representative identified as
| [IA]Morpheus from Eve’s developer and publisher CCP. *In the lengthy and
| scatological exchange, the poster of the source code attempts to get some
| answers about CCP’s much maligned security practices, particularly concerning
| the rife issue of bots and scripting in their flagship game. *The
| conversation was a little less than professional. * * *
`----

http://www.dreamnotoftoday.com/?p=643

Related:

EVE Online [now available for Linux]

http://www.transgaming.com/products/cider/games/eve/

EVE Online developers outline Mac conversion

,----[ Quote ]
| EVE Online is distributed as a download available from the EVE Online Web
| site. It will be the same for Mac and Linux users. And Mac and Linux users
| will be able to play in the same persistent online universe—
| called “Tranquility”—as Windows users. That means that EVE Online players all
| participate in the same area, regardless of platform. * *
`----

http://www.macworld.com/news/2007/11...line/index.php

Volunteers Wanted

,----[ Quote ]
| We are looking for some volunteers to help us with the testing of the new Mac
| and Linux Clients.
`----

http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingamebo...hreadID=574782

Eve Online for Mac and Linux operating systems

,----[ Quote ]
| Today CCP Games and TransGaming Partner announce to Bring EVE Online to new
| platforms, being Linux and Mac. By the end of this year it should be possible
| to play Eve on a Mac, finally! *
| On linux it was already possible through Cedega or a good configured WINE,
| but now nothing extra will be needed.
`----

http://blog.amidala.be/?p=51

about the boot.ini issue