Windows 7 rocks! - Linux

This is a discussion on Windows 7 rocks! - Linux ; Even this beta 1 is much, much better and faster and more stable than Ubuntu 8.10 crapware ;-) Oh, b.t.w. fscking fast install on VMworkstation, 1 processor, 1GB ram, 5 GB on (IDE) disk, Try it, you'll see! It's FREE!! ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

  1. Windows 7 rocks!

    http://thepiratebay.org/search/windo...%20beta/0/99/0
    --
    Clogwog@windows7.you_cunt
    [.............................................] <-- insert your boring lame

  2. Re: Windows 7 rocks!

    On Nov 5, 10:29 am, "Clogwog" wrote:
    > Even this beta 1 is much, much better and faster and more stable than Ubuntu
    > 8.10 crapware ;-)
    > Oh, b.t.w. fscking fast install on VMworkstation, 1 processor, 1GB ram, 5 GB
    > on (IDE) disk, Try it, you'll see!
    > It's FREE!!http://thepiratebay.org/search/windo...%20beta/0/99/0

    Well, the site is aptly named - The PIRATE bay.
    Complete with ads for Adult Friend Finder.

    So you're openly advocating piracy!

    For those who didn't know, the criminal penalties for software piracy
    is $100,000 and/or 5 years in federal prison.
    This is what you risk if you steal Microsoft software from the above
    site.

    If you want to get an "official" and "legal" copy - pay the $1500/year
    for your MSDN subscription and you will get a copy when Microsoft is
    ready for you to look at it.

    Of course, this is probably yet another generation of Microsoft's
    "Vaporware" tactics. They know that they are at least two years from
    having a viable production product, but in order to stop the mass
    migration, they've cobbled up a prototype that gives the impression
    that Windows 7 could be out "any day now".

    Similar pirated versions of Vista were ready in about 2004, but the
    actually product was much different, and much slower than those early
    pirated prototypes. The whole point of a prototype is that you don't
    have to use the real technology, you don't have to have security, you
    don't have to stress-test, you don't have to support every driver in
    the world, and you haven't esablished the strategic "features" to
    force users to buy new hardware (sell new PCs instead of upgrade old
    ones), and keep them from installing Linux on that new hardware.

    The core technology wouldn't be that difficult. Microsoft has
    purchased the unlimited rights to the Unix kernel from SCO for a
    song. They could easily put together a Unix based kernel, a Windows
    API library (possibly by pirating WINE), and have a really nice, fast,
    efficient system that is relatively reliable. But that won't stop
    users from opting for Linux instead of Windows 7.

    There's even the possibility that the pirated software is actually a
    hoax and could even be Linux software dressed up to look like Windows.

  3. Re: Windows 7 rocks!

    Rex Ballard wrote:
    > On Nov 5, 10:29 am, "Clogwog" wrote:
    >> Even this beta 1 is much, much better and faster and more stable
    >> than Ubuntu
    >> 8.10 crapware ;-)
    >> Oh, b.t.w. fscking fast install on VMworkstation, 1 processor, 1GB
    >> ram, 5 GB on (IDE) disk, Try it, you'll see!
    >> It's FREE!!http://thepiratebay.org/search/windo...%20beta/0/99/0

    > Well, the site is aptly named - The PIRATE bay.
    > Complete with ads for Adult Friend Finder.
    >
    > So you're openly advocating piracy!
    >
    > For those who didn't know, the criminal penalties for software piracy
    > is $100,000 and/or 5 years in federal prison.
    > This is what you risk if you steal Microsoft software from the above
    > site.
    >
    > If you want to get an "official" and "legal" copy - pay the $1500/year
    > for your MSDN subscription and you will get a copy when Microsoft is
    > ready for you to look at it.
    >
    > Of course, this is probably yet another generation of Microsoft's
    > "Vaporware" tactics. They know that they are at least two years from
    > having a viable production product, but in order to stop the mass
    > migration, they've cobbled up a prototype that gives the impression
    > that Windows 7 could be out "any day now".
    >
    > Similar pirated versions of Vista were ready in about 2004, but the
    > actually product was much different, and much slower than those early
    > pirated prototypes. The whole point of a prototype is that you don't
    > have to use the real technology, you don't have to have security, you
    > don't have to stress-test, you don't have to support every driver in
    > the world, and you haven't esablished the strategic "features" to
    > force users to buy new hardware (sell new PCs instead of upgrade old
    > ones), and keep them from installing Linux on that new hardware.
    >
    > The core technology wouldn't be that difficult. Microsoft has
    > purchased the unlimited rights to the Unix kernel from SCO for a
    > song. They could easily put together a Unix based kernel, a Windows
    > API library (possibly by pirating WINE), and have a really nice, fast,
    > efficient system that is relatively reliable. But that won't stop
    > users from opting for Linux instead of Windows 7.
    >
    > There's even the possibility that the pirated software is actually a
    > hoax and could even be Linux software dressed up to look like Windows.

    The mind of a Linux visionary and advocate is a wonder to behold.

  4. Re: Windows 7 rocks!

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Rex Ballard belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > On Nov 5, 10:29 am, "Clogwog" wrote:
    >
    >> It's FREE!! http://thepiratebay.org/search/windo...%20beta/0/99/0

    > Well, the site is aptly named - The PIRATE bay.
    > Complete with ads for Adult Friend Finder.
    >

    > There's even the possibility that the pirated software is actually a
    > hoax and could even be Linux software dressed up to look like Windows.

    Heh heh.

  5. Re: Windows 7 rocks!

    Clogwog wrote:
    > Even this beta 1 is much, much better and faster and more stable than
    > Ubuntu 8.10 crapware ;-)
    > Oh, b.t.w. fscking fast install on VMworkstation, 1 processor, 1GB ram,
    > 5 GB on (IDE) disk, Try it, you'll see!
    > It's FREE!!
    > http://thepiratebay.org/search/windo...%20beta/0/99/0
    > --
    > Clogwog@windows7.you_cunt
    > [.............................................] <-- insert your boring
    > lame here!

    No matter how many torrent sites Windows is plastered on, it will never
    be free software, period.

  6. Re: Windows 7 rocks!

    "Rex Ballard" schreef in bericht
    > On Nov 5, 10:29 am, "Clogwog" wrote:
    >> Even this beta 1 is much, much better and faster and more stable than
    >> Ubuntu
    >> 8.10 crapware ;-)
    >> Oh, b.t.w. fscking fast install on VMworkstation, 1 processor, 1GB ram, 5
    >> GB
    >> on (IDE) disk, Try it, you'll see!
    >> It's FREE!!http://thepiratebay.org/search/windo...%20beta/0/99/0

    > Well, the site is aptly named - The PIRATE bay.
    > Complete with ads for Adult Friend Finder.
    >
    > So you're openly advocating piracy!

    Yes, want some more "pirated" stuff?
    http://thepiratebay.org/search/Ubuntu/0/99/0
    Rex, you haven't got the slightest idea what torrent sites are, isn't it!
    b.t.w.
    One who uses it, has to decide what is ethical to download.
    This Windows 7 beta edition is for evaluation purposes and so it is free to
    evaluate (120 day's) and it has a big button "send feedback" on the desktop.
    So sue me if you want!

    --
    I'm here: lat=53.5416623417, lon=6.57523611111

  7. Re: Windows 7 rocks!

    On Nov 5, 9:53 am, "Clogwog" wrote:
    > "Rex Ballard" schreef in berichtnews:3fcc1fb0-aa16-4461-9a90-bb20a95ca58b@c2g2000pra.googlegroups.com...
    >
    > > On Nov 5, 10:29 am, "Clogwog" wrote:
    > >> Even this beta 1 is much, much better and faster and more stable than
    > >> Ubuntu 8.10 crapware ;-)
    > >> Oh, b.t.w. fscking fast install on VMworkstation, 1 processor, 1GB ram, 5GB
    > >> on (IDE) disk, Try it, you'll see!
    > >> It's FREE!!http://thepiratebay.org/search/windo...%20beta/0/99/0

    > > Well, the site is aptly named - The PIRATE bay.
    > > Complete with ads for Adult Friend Finder.

    > > So you're openly advocating piracy!

    > Yes, want some more "pirated" stuff?http://thepiratebay.org/search/Ubuntu/0/99/0
    > Rex, you haven't got the slightest idea what torrent sites are, isn't it!
    > b.t.w.
    > One who uses it, has to decide what is ethical to download.
    > This Windows 7 beta edition is for evaluation purposes and so it is free to
    > evaluate (120 day's) and it has a big button "send feedback" on the desktop.
    > So sue me if you want!

    So, why is Windows 7 being distributed from Pirate Bay? Can you point
    to a Microsoft announcement that says this is an approved place to
    pick up a copy? Can one get the same file from an official Microsoft
    site?

    "Try it" ... Does this one come with viruses preinstalled?

    > --
    > I'm here: lat=53.5416623417, lon=6.57523611111

  8. Re: Windows 7 rocks!

    On Nov 5, 12:53 pm, "Clogwog" wrote:
    > "Rex Ballard" schreef in berichtnews:3fcc1fb0-aa16-4461-9a90-bb20a95ca58b@c2g2000pra.googlegroups.com...

    > > Well, the site is aptly named - The PIRATE bay.
    > > Complete with ads for Adult Friend Finder.

    > > So you're openly advocating piracy!

    > Yes, want some more "pirated" stuff?

    http://thepiratebay.org/search/Ubuntu/0/99/0

    What does the license on the official Ubuntu product say? It saiys
    you can copy and distribute it as much as you'd like.

    What does the license on the official Microsoft product say? It says
    that you cannot copy or distribute it. In addition, I'm sure that
    those who are authorized to look at preview versions of Windows 7 are
    required to sign or accept nondisclosure agreements. These agreements
    were clearly violated in this distribution, if it is actually Windows
    7.0 - the owners of the site should be going to jail soon enough.

    > Rex, you haven't got the slightest idea what torrent sites are, isn't it!

    I know what torrent sites are, and corporate policy forbids it's use,
    even for such legitimate purposes as downloading Linux VMWare Images.

    > b.t.w.
    > One who uses it, has to decide what is ethical to download.

    No, downloading an unlicensed copy of copyrighted software from a
    company who vigorously asserts it's copyrights - is a criminal act.
    People who do it shouldn't be trusted with corporate information -
    because they are equally likely to copy the customer database and sell
    it as a mailing list to the highest bidder, or even sell it to a
    competitor company.

    Why should a corporation trust $millions or $billions worth of
    corporate information to someone who openly admits to pirating
    copyrighted software?

    > This Windows 7 beta edition is for evaluation purposes and so it is free to
    > evaluate (120 day's) and it has a big button "send feedback" on the desktop.

    It should be downloaded from Microsoft, under the terms and conditions
    of Microsoft, not from some site that openly admits to being a piracy
    site.

    > So sue me if you want!

    I won't sue you, but I wouldn't hire you either.

    > I'm here: lat=53.5416623417, lon=6.57523611111

    Did you get that Stevie?

  9. Re: Windows 7 rocks!

    On Wed, 05 Nov 2008 16:29:52 +0100, Clogwog wrote:

    > Even this beta 1 is much, much better and faster and more stable than
    > Ubuntu 8.10 crapware ;-)

    Bwahahahahahahaah! better, faster and more stable than Linux ?

    Idiot, you don't even have ONE of the above!

    > Oh, b.t.w. fscking fast install on VMworkstation, 1 processor, 1GB ram,
    > 5 GB on (IDE) disk,

    fscking fast doesn't mean what you think it means. I can install Linux on
    mu EeePC in about 10 minutes, most of that is copying the iso to the SD
    card.

    > Try it, you'll see!

    No thanks, *everything* Windows related sucks giant Green Acturian monkey
    dick.

    > It's FREE!!

    So is the Black Plague, dimwit.

    > http://thepiratebay.org/search/windo...%20beta/0/99/0

    Don't you mean www.microsoft.com .... OH MY GOSH, like all good little
    WINTROLLS you're a pirate!

    Bill Gates said you were when he said that the majority of home Windows
    users were pirates.

    Sad little thief.

  10. Re: Windows 7 rocks!

    In article ,
    Terry Porter wrote:
    > On Wed, 05 Nov 2008 16:29:52 +0100, Clogwog wrote:
    >
    > > Even this beta 1 is much, much better and faster and more stable than
    > > Ubuntu 8.10 crapware ;-)

    > Bwahahahahahahaah! better, faster and more stable than Linux ?
    >
    > Idiot, you don't even have ONE of the above!

    Ah, classic Terry. Simply making up things and presenting them as
    facts, and throwing in an insult, too.

    Tell us, Terry--since you have not tried that beta, how do you know he's
    wrong?

    --
    --Tim Smith

  11. Re: Windows 7 rocks!

    Chris Ahlstrom espoused:
    > After takin' a swig o' grog, Rex Ballard belched out
    > this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >> On Nov 5, 10:29 am, "Clogwog" wrote:
    >>
    >>> It's FREE!! http://thepiratebay.org/search/windo...%20beta/0/99/0

    >> Well, the site is aptly named - The PIRATE bay.
    >> Complete with ads for Adult Friend Finder.
    >>

    >> There's even the possibility that the pirated software is actually a
    >> hoax and could even be Linux software dressed up to look like Windows.

    > Heh heh.

    Also, it's quite possible that the images linked to from these sites are
    already malware-loaded versions of Windows, ie., you don't even have to
    connect and wait a few seconds, they're in there from day 1, as it were.

    Such torrents are absolutely not legitimate sources for Windows, and
    should be avoided by everyone. Windows usage requires a licensed copy,
    and you must purchase that licence, by some direction or other, from
    Microsoft. Microsoft *even* try to claim that OEM versions are linked
    to the hardware with which they were supplied, however, my feeling is
    that such restrictions are almost certainly illegal in the UK. What is
    clear, however, is that if you are so foolish as to wish to try out a
    late version of Windows, then you'd better sign up to the Microsoft
    Developer Network (is that £1,500 per annum?), and then you get the
    privilege of telling Microsoft how to improve it.

    Alternatively, try:

    www.debian.org or www.ubuntu.com

    or any number of other sites where you can legitimately and freely
    download a distribution.

  12. Re: Windows 7 rocks!

    Tim Smith wrote:

    >Tell us, Terry--since you have not tried that beta, how do you know he's
    >wrong?

    "Its called extrapolation." - The "honest and intelligent" Hadron
    Quack, arguing that yttrx deserves a wikipedia entry, since Elvis
    Presley and The Beatles have entries.

  13. Re: Windows 7 rocks!

    Mark Kent wrote:
    > my feeling is
    > that such restrictions are almost certainly illegal in the UK.

    Of course it is; only Microsoft gets away with this kind of crap.

  14. Re: Windows 7 rocks!

    Clogwog wrote:
    > Even this beta 1 is much, much better and faster and more stable than
    > Ubuntu 8.10 crapware ;-)

    It's in Alpha, you just downloaded AIDS.

  15. Re: Windows 7 is full of rocks!

    If you thought Vista was a bloated pig, prepare to meet ... The Beast.

    Well with 1,147,995,904 Indians all submitting code (i.e. family recipes
    for curry) to the Vole's new pet pig, what did you expect?

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    `----

    21:00:06 up 2 days, 4:42, 4 users, load average: 0.04, 0.05, 0.08

  16. Re: Windows 7 is full of rocks!

    Homer wrote:
    > If you thought Vista was a bloated pig, prepare to meet ... The Beast.
    >
    > Well with 1,147,995,904 Indians all submitting code (i.e. family recipes
    > for curry) to the Vole's new pet pig, what did you expect?

    It's nice to see that racism is alive and well.

  17. Re: Windows 7 is full of rocks!

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Cork Soaker belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > Homer wrote:
    >> If you thought Vista was a bloated pig, prepare to meet ... The Beast.
    >>
    >> Well with 1,147,995,904 Indians all submitting code (i.e. family recipes
    >> for curry) to the Vole's new pet pig, what did you expect?

    > It's nice to see that racism is alive and well.

    As much as it pains me to note it, it was a sentiment worthy of Hadron.

    --
    There are more old drunkards than old doctors.

  18. Re: Windows 7 is full of rocks!

    Verily I say unto thee, that Chris Ahlstrom spake thusly:
    > After takin' a swig o' grog, Cork Soaker belched out this bit o'
    > wisdom:
    >> Homer wrote:

    >>> If you thought Vista was a bloated pig, prepare to meet ... The
    >>> Beast.
    >>>
    >>> Well with 1,147,995,904 Indians all submitting code (i.e. family
    >>> recipes for curry) to the Vole's new pet pig, what did you
    >>> expect?

    >> It's nice to see that racism is alive and well.

    It's merely an observation that the Vole is exploiting cheap labour in
    the third world, indeed his Buttcrustness even lobbied congress to allow
    him to exploit such people even /more/. I'd say the Vole's exploitation
    is far worse racism than a joke about curry.

    > As much as it pains me to note it, it was a sentiment worthy of
    > Hadron.

    As I've mentioned before, I've worked extensively with Indians, most of
    whom were better people than the white engineers who were getting paid
    ten times their salary, but exploited people tend to be poorly
    motivated, and it shows.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    `----

    00:58:20 up 4 days, 8:41, 3 users, load average: 4.06, 3.64, 3.33

  19. Re: Windows 7 is full of rocks!

    On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 00:58:37 +0000, Homer wrote:

    > Verily I say unto thee, that Chris Ahlstrom spake thusly:
    >> After takin' a swig o' grog, Cork Soaker belched out this bit o'
    >> wisdom:

    >>> It's nice to see that racism is alive and well.

    BS, Homer was making an observation.

    > It's merely an observation that the Vole is exploiting cheap labour in
    > the third world, indeed his Buttcrustness even lobbied congress to allow
    > him to exploit such people even /more/. I'd say the Vole's exploitation
    > is far worse racism than a joke about curry.

    And I'd agree. Apparently you can hire Indian coders for far less than
    you'd have to pay coders in Europe or the US. So as Billy Buttcrust's
    company now uses Indian coders, it could explain why DFS & Hadron Quack
    have so much time to post in newsgroups. ;-)

    >> As much as it pains me to note it, it was a sentiment worthy of
    >> Hadron.

    Uncool.

    > As I've mentioned before, I've worked extensively with Indians, most of
    > whom were better people than the white engineers who were getting paid
    > ten times their salary, but exploited people tend to be poorly
    > motivated, and it shows.

    It does, & M$ are good at exploiting people & companies.

    --
    Most people are sheep. *
    Microsoft is very effective

  20. Re: Windows 7 is full of rocks!

    William Poaster writes:

    > On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 00:58:37 +0000, Homer wrote:
    >
    >> Verily I say unto thee, that Chris Ahlstrom spake thusly:
    >>> After takin' a swig o' grog, Cork Soaker belched out this bit o'
    >>> wisdom:

    > BS, Homer was making an observation.
    >
    >> It's merely an observation that the Vole is exploiting cheap labour in
    >> the third world, indeed his Buttcrustness even lobbied congress to allow
    >> him to exploit such people even /more/. I'd say the Vole's exploitation
    >> is far worse racism than a joke about curry.

    > And I'd agree. Apparently you can hire Indian coders for far less than
    > you'd have to pay coders in Europe or the US. So as Billy Buttcrust's
    > company now uses Indian coders, it could explain why DFS & Hadron Quack
    > have so much time to post in newsgroups. ;-)
    >
    >>> As much as it pains me to note it, it was a sentiment worthy of
    >>> Hadron.

    > Uncool.
    >
    >> As I've mentioned before, I've worked extensively with Indians, most of
    >> whom were better people than the white engineers who were getting paid
    >> ten times their salary, but exploited people tend to be poorly
    >> motivated, and it shows.

    > It does, & M$ are good at exploiting people & companies.

    I dont think I have ever heard such mindless drivel.

    No one is being exploited. These people are paid the going rate and
    above in their own nations levels.

    Your racist undertones are sickening. Constantly trying to promote the
    image of poor Indians under the lash whereas in reality they are
    University educated engineers earning a good salary to support
    themselves and their families.

    It appears you wish MS and other companies did NOT invest there.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast