Windows 7 rocks! - Linux

This is a discussion on Windows 7 rocks! - Linux ; Rex Ballard wrote: > What does the license on the official Microsoft product say? It says > that you cannot copy or distribute it. In addition, I'm sure that > those who are authorized to look at preview versions of ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 33 of 33

  1. Re: Windows 7 rocks!

    Rex Ballard wrote:
    > What does the license on the official Microsoft product say? It says
    > that you cannot copy or distribute it. In addition, I'm sure that
    > those who are authorized to look at preview versions of Windows 7 are
    > required to sign or accept nondisclosure agreements. These agreements
    > were clearly violated in this distribution, if it is actually Windows
    > 7.0 - the owners of the site should be going to jail soon enough.

    TPB is pretty much immune to that kinda threat.
    They're over here on this side of the pond, and btw, they aren't
    distributing windows. They're distributing a link to the actual download in
    the form of a metafile. That's what bittorrent sites do.

    Everyone who DOWNLOADS it however, are breaking the law, because they're not
    only downloading, they're distributing as well. The moment they've acquired
    enough of the file to start, they begin uploading it to others.

    >> Rex, you haven't got the slightest idea what torrent sites are, isn't it!

    > I know what torrent sites are, and corporate policy forbids it's use,
    > even for such legitimate purposes as downloading Linux VMWare Images.

    What a ****e corporate policy that is.
    The most efficient method for downloading linux distros and open office are
    via bittorrent.

    >> b.t.w.
    >> One who uses it, has to decide what is ethical to download.

    > No, downloading an unlicensed copy of copyrighted software from a
    > company who vigorously asserts it's copyrights - is a criminal act.

    Downloading pirated software is a grey area. You're aquiring it, but you're
    not distributing it, the person who offered it for download is.

    Same way buying from a street corner DVD scammer isn't illegal, but the
    street corner DVD scammer himself is breaking the law.

    With bittorrent, you're doing both. THAT is when it becomes illegal.

  2. Re: Windows 7 is full of rocks!

    Homer wrote:
    > Verily I say unto thee, that Chris Ahlstrom spake thusly:
    >> After takin' a swig o' grog, Cork Soaker belched out this bit o'
    >> wisdom:

    >>> It's nice to see that racism is alive and well.

    > It's merely an observation that the Vole is exploiting cheap labour in
    > the third world,

    India is the second world. Possibly even first world.
    3rd world is undeveloped countries, like ethiopia was in the 80s (still is?).
    2nd world is developing countries.

  3. Re: Windows 7 rocks!

    Terry Porter wrote:
    > No thanks, *everything* Windows related sucks giant Green Acturian monkey
    > dick.

    Did you mean great green arcleseizure dick?
    Or arcturan megadonkey dick?

    --
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  4. Re: Windows 7 rocks!

    Andrew Halliwell writes:

    > Terry Porter wrote:
    >> No thanks, *everything* Windows related sucks giant Green Acturian monkey
    >> dick.

    > Did you mean great green arcleseizure dick?
    > Or arcturan megadonkey dick?

    Why would you support such nonsense from COLA's newest ****wit?

    Note he doesn't say "my informed opinion is that the Windows OS is
    insecure" or something relevant and important and possibly accurate.

    No. The Great Terry Porter says ALL THINGS related to Windows sucks.

    That would include great Entertainment SW like:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Half-Life_2
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bioshock

    Or great development SW like this:

    http://delphi.about.com/od/beginners/a/delphicourse.htm

    or industry leading graphics SW like this:

    http://www.gnc-web-creations.com/pspawards.htm

    One day the loonies who inhabit COLA will understand that liars and
    bull****ters like Terry do far more harm to Linux advocacy than they do
    good.

    Everything related to Windows does NOT suck. And the fact he thinks that
    makes anything else he has to say unreliable and biased to the extreme.

  5. Re: Windows 7 rocks!

    Hadron wrote:
    > Andrew Halliwell writes:
    >
    >> Terry Porter wrote:
    >>> No thanks, *everything* Windows related sucks giant Green Acturian monkey
    >>> dick.

    >> Did you mean great green arcleseizure dick?
    >> Or arcturan megadonkey dick?
    >>

    > Why would you support such nonsense from COLA's newest ****wit?

    Newest ****wit? 1: terry isn't a ****wit
    2: terry certainly isn't "new"
    3: You REALLY need to acquire, beg, borrow or steal a sense
    of humour.

    --
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  6. Re: Windows 7 is full of rocks!

    Andrew Halliwell writes:

    > Homer wrote:
    >> Verily I say unto thee, that Chris Ahlstrom spake thusly:
    >>> After takin' a swig o' grog, Cork Soaker belched out this bit o'
    >>> wisdom:

    >> It's merely an observation that the Vole is exploiting cheap labour in
    >> the third world,

    > India is the second world. Possibly even first world.

    No it isn't possible afaik.

    > 3rd world is undeveloped countries, like ethiopia was in the 80s (still is?).
    > 2nd world is developing countries.

    It WAS officially designated Third World. It MIGHT *just* have become
    second world. But I don't think it has. Corrections welcomed.

    Don't confuse pictures of chrome and smoked glass offices in Mumbai delude
    you over the conditions MOST people live in. Hundreds of thousands live
    on the streets even in the most affluent Cities and Towns.

    I spent considerable time there. And its something you do no easily
    forget. Any labour going their way can only be a good thing IF you
    manage to avoid the corruption which is a factor in all daily dealings
    there.

  7. Re: Windows 7 rocks!

    Andrew Halliwell writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >> Andrew Halliwell writes:

    >>> Did you mean great green arcleseizure dick?
    >>> Or arcturan megadonkey dick?
    >>>

    >> Why would you support such nonsense from COLA's newest ****wit?

    > Newest ****wit? 1: terry isn't a ****wit

    Yes he is. Of the worst kind. He constant thanking of people for posting
    is cringeworthy to the extreme. His mistakes are frequent and
    inexcusable.

    > 2: terry certainly isn't "new"

    He is on a new lease. And he seems to think he is in charge I
    notice. The boss of you? Wash that tongue!

    > 3: You REALLY need to acquire, beg, borrow or steal a sense
    > of humour.

    I do have a sense of humour. Terry is not amusing either.

  8. Re: Windows 7 rocks!

    Andrew Halliwell wrote:
    > Hadron wrote:
    >> Andrew Halliwell writes:

    >>> Did you mean great green arcleseizure dick?
    >>> Or arcturan megadonkey dick?
    >>>

    >> Why would you support such nonsense from COLA's newest ****wit?

    > Newest ****wit? 1: terry isn't a ****wit
    > 2: terry certainly isn't "new"
    > 3: You REALLY need to acquire, beg, borrow or steal a
    > sense of humour.

    ahh... now Porter's idiocy makes sense: it's all a silly joke not meant to
    be taken seriously.

  9. Re: Windows 7 rocks!

    "DFS" writes:

    > Andrew Halliwell wrote:
    >> Hadron wrote:

    >>> Why would you support such nonsense from COLA's newest ****wit?

    >> Newest ****wit? 1: terry isn't a ****wit
    >> 2: terry certainly isn't "new"
    >> 3: You REALLY need to acquire, beg, borrow or steal a
    >> sense of humour.

    > ahh... now Porter's idiocy makes sense: it's all a silly joke not meant to
    > be taken seriously.

    Just as I didn't think this group could get a bigger idiot that William
    Poaster or High Plains Hypocrite along comes Terry "I'm in charge"
    Porter the groups "Wintroll fighter". The man appears to me to be simply
    deranged. He is unable to spot links to Windows SW on pages he posts and
    then tells lies about his original posts when corrected. While charging
    FRIENDS to install Linux he administers their machines with telnet. He
    sounds like a bit of a bluffer and deluded wannabe to me alright.

  10. Re: Windows 7 rocks!

    On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 14:49:10 +0000, Andrew Halliwell wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >> Andrew Halliwell writes:

    >>> Did you mean great green arcleseizure dick?
    >>> Or arcturan megadonkey dick?
    >>>

    >> Why would you support such nonsense from COLA's newest ****wit?

    > Newest ****wit? 1: terry isn't a ****wit
    > 2: terry certainly isn't "new"
    > 3: You REALLY need to acquire, beg, borrow or steal a sense
    > of humour.

    1] Quack will now be searching the debian repositories for one to download.
    2] The troll will then complain/whine/moan it won't work on his hardware!

    --
    Most people are sheep. *
    Microsoft is very effective

  11. Re: Windows 7 rocks!

    >Hadron quacked:
    >>
    >> COLA's newest ****wit?

    Are you referring to "Steve Townsend", "Hadron"?

    Yeah, "he" was a fsckwit, wasn't he, "Hadron".

  12. Re: Windows 7 rocks!

    William Poaster writes:

    > On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 14:49:10 +0000, Andrew Halliwell wrote:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:

    >>> Why would you support such nonsense from COLA's newest ****wit?

    >> Newest ****wit? 1: terry isn't a ****wit
    >> 2: terry certainly isn't "new"
    >> 3: You REALLY need to acquire, beg, borrow or steal a sense
    >> of humour.

    > 1] Quack will now be searching the debian repositories for one to download.
    > 2] The troll will then complain/whine/moan it won't work on his
    > hardware!

    That's quite funny for you Willy.

  13. Re: Windows 7 rocks!

    After takin' a swig o' grog, chrisv belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    >>Hadron quacked:
    >>>
    >>> COLA's newest ****wit?

    > Are you referring to "Steve Townsend", "Hadron"?
    >
    > Yeah, "he" was a fsckwit, wasn't he, "Hadron".

    Indeed. The "fsckwittiest"!

    --
    What is the sound of one hand clapping?

+ Reply to Thread