Window manager bazaar - Linux

This is a discussion on Window manager bazaar - Linux ; I never realized there were so many window managers out there! http://xwinman.org/others.php Source code for older versions of many of them: http://xwinman.org/archive/ # 9wm/ # afterstep/ # amiwm/ # awm/ # blackbox/ # ctwm/ # cwm/ # dwim/ # enlightenment/ ...

  1. Window manager bazaar

    I never realized there were so many window managers out there!

    http://xwinman.org/others.php

    Source code for older versions of many of them:

    http://xwinman.org/archive/

    # 9wm/
    # afterstep/
    # amiwm/
    # awm/
    # blackbox/
    # ctwm/
    # cwm/
    # dwim/
    # enlightenment/
    # fluxbox/
    # fvwm/
    # gwm/
    # icewm/
    # iwm/
    # kde-kwm/
    # kwm/
    # lwm/
    # m_swm/
    # metacity/
    # missing.txt
    # mosquito/
    # olvwm/
    # olwm/
    # piewm/
    # pstwm/
    # qvwm/
    # rtl/
    # sawfish/
    # scwm/
    # swm/
    # tekwm/
    # tkwm/
    # tvtwm/
    # twm/
    # uwm/
    # vtwm/
    # vwm/
    # windowmaker/
    # wm/
    # wm2/
    # wmx/
    # xnwm/
    # xwm/

    --
    If you steal from one author it's plagiarism; if you steal from
    many it's research.

  2. Re: Window manager bazaar

    On 2008-11-05, Chris Ahlstrom claimed:
    > I never realized there were so many window managers out there!
    >
    > http://xwinman.org/others.php
    >
    > Source code for older versions of many of them:
    >
    > http://xwinman.org/archive/
    >
    > # 9wm/
    > # afterstep/
    > # amiwm/
    > # awm/
    > # blackbox/
    > # ctwm/
    > # cwm/
    > # dwim/
    > # enlightenment/
    > # fluxbox/
    > # fvwm/
    > # gwm/
    > # icewm/
    > # iwm/
    > # kde-kwm/
    > # kwm/
    > # lwm/
    > # m_swm/
    > # metacity/
    > # missing.txt
    > # mosquito/
    > # olvwm/
    > # olwm/
    > # piewm/
    > # pstwm/
    > # qvwm/
    > # rtl/
    > # sawfish/
    > # scwm/
    > # swm/
    > # tekwm/
    > # tkwm/
    > # tvtwm/
    > # twm/
    > # uwm/
    > # vtwm/
    > # vwm/
    > # windowmaker/
    > # wm/
    > # wm2/
    > # wmx/
    > # xnwm/
    > # xwm/

    Missing that I recall:

    openbox
    anarchy
    pekwm
    plwm (aka Pointless Window Manager)
    miwm
    yeahwm
    evilwm
    sapphire
    failsafewm

    I know there are others that I cna't think of.

    Some of those aren't under active development now, but the code is
    still out there. Others have had updates as late as this year. I don't
    recall for sure, but one or more of those may have been created just
    this year.

    --
    Windows: Malware that doesn't do what it's claimed it will do.

+ Reply to Thread