[News] [Rival] Proprietary Software Margins Erode Significantly - Linux

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] Proprietary Software Margins Erode Significantly

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:

    > Are You Getting 70 Percent Off List Price from Your ERP Software Vendor?
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| Pity the poor software vendors these days. The economy is in full meltdown,
    >| IT budgets and workforces have been slashed, and buyers of ERP, CRM and
    >| supply chain management software have become even more demanding regarding
    >| their application purchases, especially during 2008.
    > `----
    >
    > http://advice.cio.com/thomas_wailgum...oftware_vendor
    > http://tinyurl.com/5h2ddh

    It remains a better deal to go FOSS, though, since proprietary vendors
    will still have EOL and support monopolies, which they will excercise as
    things become increasingly tough.