Open-Xchange Secures Funding, Charts Plans for Growth

,----[ Quote ]
| Today, Open-Xchange must be feeling quite optimistic, as it announced it's
| just closed a round of venture funding totaling $9 million and has four times
| the number of paid mailboxes now than it did last year. The company is
| focusing on a decidedly rosy looking future.

Open-Xchange Introduces Collaboration Server Appliance -- a Cost-effective Open
Source Alternative to Microsoft Exchange

,----[ Quote ]
| Open-Xchange, the leading provider of open source groupware, today announced
| a new offering for small- and medium-size businesses (SMBs) seeking
| easy-to-use, easy-to-deploy e-mail and collaboration software that is a
| cost-effective alternative to Microsoft Exchange -- with an initial cost of
| less than $70 per user annually.

Open Source SaaS Collaboration Solution Provides Push Email and Cloud-Based
Mobile Sync for 1.5 Billion Smartphones and Feature Phones

,----[ Quote ]
| The Funambol connector for Open-Xchange Hosting Edition enables push email
| and mobile sync of contacts, calendars and tasks with virtually all common
| wireless phones on the market.

Open-Xchange Announces Community Edition of Groupware for In-House Deployments

,----[ Quote ]
| Open-Xchange Inc., the only remaining independent open source alternative to
| Microsoft Exchange, today announced it will release all server components,
| installation and administration tools under the General Public License (GPL). ┬*

Open-Xchange aims for U.S. expansion

,----[ Quote ]
| Open-Xchange is using Yahoo's acquisition of rival Zimbra last year as an
| invitation to tackle the U.S. market with its open-source server software for
| e-mail, calendars, and other collaboration tools. ┬*

Open-Xchange goes Express, sheds its Suse roots

,----[ Quote ]
| Second, and extremely interesting to me, Express Edition runs on Ubuntu. Why
| does this matter? Well, for one thing it shows Ubuntu's stablity and
| performance. But on an even more interesting note, take a look at
| Open-Xchange's management team, and in particular its CTO, J├╝rgen Geck. You
| might remember that he was the CTO at Suse....Or check out Open-Xchange's
| co-founder and EVP of engineering, Martin Kauss. Yep, he was a Suse guy
| before, too. The list goes on....

Open-Xchange Launches Collaboration Software Appliance

,----[ Quote ]
| The Open-Xchange Express Edition is delivered as a software appliance based
| on a version of the Ubuntu Linux distribution, although it is designed so
| that the user never needs to interact with the operating system.

Open-Xchange (Partially) Embraces GPL

,----[ Quote ]
| On the GPL side, Open-Xchange's choice of license stands in
| contrast to that of its competitor Zimbra, which offers its
| namesake collaboration suite under a modified Mozilla Public
| License, plus attribution.

Review: Open-Xchange

,----[ Quote ]
| Looking for a Microsoft Exchange replacement, or a first groupware
| application for your organization? Check out Open-Xchange. I took it for
| a test drive and found it to be a solid product that works well with
| open source groupware clients, though its Web interface is a bit
| clunky.

Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)